Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Michigan prison Visitation, Phones & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's sub-forum category.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:32 PM

So the best way to go...what would yu all suggest? He is not even 30 miles from me. Would that have anything to do with the price? I AT&T for home carrier could he just call collect like back in the day? Ant help would be greatly appriciated!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2010, 08:50 PM

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,361 Posts

I did notice when my son was transfered to facility that is in my same area code that the price was a little cheaper than when he was at a facility that was a few hours away in a different area code.

Hebrews 13:3 NIV3Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Clueless Michigan Member
Donation Award 

All the phone calls should be the same rate no matter where in the state they are. The only difference is if the call goes out of state or if the person calls using the debit system vs collect calls.

It doesn't matter what provider you use or where they are at. The prices should all be the same.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:48 AM

Hi! is the rate the same from CBS account if our love ones use they're prepaid account?
Old 03-04-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinay19 View Post
Hi! is the rate the same from CBS account if our love ones use they're prepaid account?
yes i believe so
Old 03-08-2010, 01:24 PM

Default phone calls in processing...

Once they get to Jackson for proessing, are they allowed to use the phone at all, or not until they get to where they are going (long term)?
Old 03-08-2010, 02:38 PM

In quarantine or reception at Charles Egeler they are allowed to use the phone once they get their pin number which usually takes about 2-3 weeks.
The Following User Says Thank You to SRM2688 For This Useful Post:
MissingRory (03-08-2010)
Old 09-03-2010, 02:55 PM
love knows no boundaries

Can anyone helping me with Skype?
If the prison calls a computer voice askes that you should press the key 0 (zero) when you want to accept the call.
If I press the 0 on the laptop it seems that it is not accepted and the call stops.
What do I have to do if I use the computer when the prison is calling?

Thanx, I would be glad for any advice!
Bear
Old 09-03-2010, 05:20 PM
Clueless Michigan Member
Donation Award 

The problem is that the phone system listens for the tone when you push ) and if your computer doesn't allow for a tone then I don't know how you will be able to use it.

Old 09-03-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear54 View Post
Can anyone helping me with Skype?
If the prison calls a computer voice askes that you should press the key 0 (zero) when you want to accept the call.
If I press the 0 on the laptop it seems that it is not accepted and the call stops.
What do I have to do if I use the computer when the prison is calling?

Thanx, I would be glad for any advice!
Bear
go to VIEW click call phones then press "0".

Old 09-04-2010, 07:54 AM
love knows no boundaries

Well, I have solved the problem by forwarding the calls to my phone. This works great and pressing the 0 is no problem. Lions Heart you are right, the computer keypad fails to make the neccessary sound for the phone system - pressing the key on the keypad of the computer is just if I did nothing and the calls eventually will be ended for "failing" to press the number.
Thanx Pinay, this is exactly what I did before, but the keypad does not work this way, it seems that it does not makes the nesseccary sound or tones.
Forwarding costs a little bit, but it is worth it. So I am happy with it.
Thank you for answering and trying to help! :-)

Last edited by bear54; 09-04-2010 at 08:15 AM..
Old 09-04-2010, 08:14 AM
love knows no boundaries

Hello,

I found out two ways to solve the problem:
first you can forward the calls on the phone and then pressing 0 and receiving the call is not problem. But is forwarding costs a little bit each call.

Or, this is the answer of Skype to solve the problem, which is, what pinay meant:

We understand that you wish to find the dialpad.

To find out which version of Skype you are using select Help > About Skype.

Skype 4.2 for Windows

To dial extension numbers (DTMF tones):
  1. Select the contact you wish to call.
  2. Click Call.
  3. In the toolbar which is displayed once the call starts, click the down arrow and select Display dial pad. You can view screenshots if you are having problems finding the down arrow: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA22.
  4. Use the dial pad to enter numbers (and make sounds or tones).
Please note that it is not possible to dial extensions during a call from the Call phones tab.

Skype 5.0 for Windows (beta)

To dial extension numbers (DTMF tones):
  1. Select the contact you wish to call.
  2. Click Call.
  3. Click the down arrow next to the name of the person called (you may need to hover over the name to see the arrow).
  4. Select Show dial pad to open the dial pad.
  5. Use the dial pad to enter numbers (and make sounds or tones).
Please note that it is not possible to dial extensions during a call from the Call phones tab.

The last sentence is what caused the problem! I used the Call phones tab and it seems that there is a diffence between the two pads (they look alike). The first can not make the neccessary tone by pressing 0 and the later can.
Tricky, right?

So, I hope this will help others how may come across the same problem.

And thanx to everybody trying to help!
Bear

Last edited by bear54; 09-04-2010 at 08:16 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to bear54 For This Useful Post:
pinay19 (09-04-2010)
Old 05-11-2011, 07:04 AM

Hi everyone. This is a little new to me. My hubs and I have been talking everyday since he's gotten to use the phone and thru Correctional Billing Services I've been talking to him. So I pre-pay it and for each 15 minute call I am spending about $1.92 a call. We talk at least three to five times a day and I am looking to cut down costs. Does anyone have any ideas or solutions? Its not an option for us to decrease our talk time so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone know of any unlimited collect call service? If so, please PM me or let me know! I don't want to pay over $200 a month for calls! Or is this it... is this the best its going to get for me, $1.92 for 15 minutes?!

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:01 PM

As far as I know that is the best way to do it. I dont think there is anything cheaper out there. I wish there was but I doubt it. Sorry
Old 05-15-2011, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting4awhile View Post
Hi everyone. This is a little new to me. My hubs and I have been talking everyday since he's gotten to use the phone and thru Correctional Billing Services I've been talking to him. So I pre-pay it and for each 15 minute call I am spending about $1.92 a call. We talk at least three to five times a day and I am looking to cut down costs. Does anyone have any ideas or solutions? Its not an option for us to decrease our talk time so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone know of any unlimited collect call service? If so, please PM me or let me know! I don't want to pay over $200 a month for calls! Or is this it... is this the best its going to get for me, $1.92 for 15 minutes?!

Thanks in advance.
Cutting down on actual calls and amounts of time is your only option. Just be happy that the calls are cheap these days. When we first down a 15 in call cost over $8/per call... this is the best it is going to get for now...

The Following User Says Thank You to jlzkmm For This Useful Post:
Luna Diosa (04-03-2012)
Old 05-18-2011, 08:07 PM

. My hubby is still in Charles E. Egeler in reception and he tried to call yesterday collect and it wouldn't go through it said restricted. he tried again and it went through collect. So sometimes it works and some it don't. C Good Luck. BLU[/quote]

How long after your husband went to Charles E. Egeler could he call you? My son has been there since last Wednesday (8 days now) and I haven't had a letter or a call from him and neither has his daughter. We have $50 in our account and he was using the same system in Traverse City Jail so we don't know why he can't use it for collect calls now at C.E.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:17 PM

Default HELP, I haven't heard from my son since he went to Chas Egeler

My son moved to Charles Egeler last Wednesday and I haven't had a phone call or a letter yet. How long does it take to hear from him either by phone or letter? Its killing me.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iaamwsip View Post
My son moved to Charles Egeler last Wednesday and I haven't had a phone call or a letter yet. How long does it take to hear from him either by phone or letter? Its killing me.
For us it took a couple weeks before I got my first letter, I believe. But I do remember it took almost 3 weeks before he could call from Egeler. They have to get a PIN # to be able to call out and submit a phone list, etc. If you read in the Egeler thread it may be more updated, because my info is from '08. Good luck.

You can write him now though as long as you have his inmate #.

Old 01-21-2012, 03:31 PM

Our son is still in Baraga and I sent a $60 money order from our bank along with the proper Jform December 28th and still haven't heard from him. I called PCS and they said they don't hav e it and the bank said it cleared January 12th. We got a letter from him yesterday and he said he thinks we want nothing to do with him since he can't call. His balance still says 0. We ha ve been dealing with this for a while and they asked the bank to fax info and it took 6 times before they would accept it. I am open to any suggestions
Old 01-23-2012, 07:19 PM

I want to say that we did go to the bank and the manager called a few times and my son called today. We also received another letter stating he thought we didn't want anything to do with him and he sent us a package for our anniversary and Christmas. It took a credit card and a visit to the bank, They said they will try to find our money order
Old 03-31-2012, 06:13 AM
mi vida, mi alma!!

Please help me: I setted up an account with PCS to receive pre-paid call from my husband. they moved him in Jackson.
Here I read CBS, did I wrong?
How works to receive the call?
when I receive a call which number I have to press to accept the call?

They moved him and I am in panic...

Please help me!!!
Old 03-31-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle83 View Post
Please help me: I setted up an account with PCS to receive pre-paid call from my husband. they moved him in Jackson.
Here I read CBS, did I wrong?
How works to receive the call?
when I receive a call which number I have to press to accept the call?

They moved him and I am in panic...

Please help me!!!
pcs is right Think it's 0(got a call last night but it is such old habit i don't think what button to hit i just do it) you have to hit but just listen when you answer and it will walk you through
The Following User Says Thank You to LisaW For This Useful Post:
Turtle83 (04-01-2012)
Old 03-31-2012, 08:27 AM

you just have to listen to the talking at the beginning of the call then they will say press "0" to accept the call and several other options like you don't want the call, want to block calls, to get the money info, etc.
then after you press "0" they still talk more and just about repeat the same stuff - that part bugs me takes away my talking time. Then when they say 1 minute wind it up fast because you never know when it will end......it is not a minute. With CBS when they said 1 minute - then at the end of the minute they would say thank you for using CBS and there was just enough time left there to say love you & bye. Not with pcs.

The Following User Says Thank You to joyce6850 For This Useful Post:
Turtle83 (04-01-2012)
Old 09-03-2012, 07:13 PM
ladyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluberry1020 View Post
I know something!!!! Wow I am learning.LOL Minimum deposit is $20.00 and then it can be added in $5.00 increments. My hubby is still in Charles E. Egeler in reception and he tried to call yesterday collect and it wouldn't go through it said restricted. he tried again and it went through collect. So sometimes it works and some it don't. C Good Luck. BLU
My son has been in Egeler for going on 3 weeks, I've put money on the phone so he can call home, so far I have not heard a word from him no call no letter I'm so worried. I have gotten a couple calls from an unknown number but when I answer it there's nothing there.
Old 09-07-2012, 04:06 PM

Getting calls from RGC is iffy, at best. It's hard for the guys to get a phone. They can only call when they are in the yard (outside) so everyone jams the phones up. He may not have gotten his PIN yet, either. Be patient, grasshopper. He will call when he can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyK View Post
My son has been in Egeler for going on 3 weeks, I've put money on the phone so he can call home, so far I have not heard a word from him no call no letter I'm so worried. I have gotten a couple calls from an unknown number but when I answer it there's nothing there.