Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Michigan prison Visitation, Phones & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's sub-forum category.

Old 10-21-2013, 08:12 PM

280 for one call and, that is for 15 minute. The phone's in michigan prison's are really bad. 1/2 of the time's they don't work. It was a 150 for a call. but no more.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2013, 08:26 PM

I know and it's terrible. The calls are so expensive. I have the receipts from the money orders and someday I will add them up and see what this crap has cost us.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:01 AM

Default Up to date?

][b]
Could someone please tell me if this information is up to date/accurate?
Old 09-28-2014, 03:49 AM

I would also like to know if any of this is up to date... My husband just went into Engler a couple days ago and I am looking forward to hearing from him. Any new information on phone procedure or anything else really would be much appreciated! He's been in County before, but not prison.... So this is new to me. I used Securus for his calls when he was in County and it was like almost $10 for one 15 minute phone call. So wondering if I have to do anything else in order to receive calls now that he's in prison? Is it the same phone system still? And what about cost? I heard it was cheaper in prison... Is that true? Thanks for any feedback!
Old 09-28-2014, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsfeinauer View Post
I would also like to know if any of this is up to date... My husband just went into Engler a couple days ago and I am looking forward to hearing from him. Any new information on phone procedure or anything else really would be much appreciated! He's been in County before, but not prison.... So this is new to me. I used Securus for his calls when he was in County and it was like almost $10 for one 15 minute phone call. So wondering if I have to do anything else in order to receive calls now that he's in prison? Is it the same phone system still? And what about cost? I heard it was cheaper in prison... Is that true? Thanks for any feedback!
Michigan uses GlobalTel for phone service. Calls are $3.20 for 15 minutes. You can go to their site: connectnetwork.com for additional information. I don't remember if prisoner can call while in quarantine, but you can write to
them. If they can find some paper&envelope, they can write back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Buttercream For This Useful Post:
mrsfeinauer (10-04-2014)
Old 03-26-2015, 11:40 AM

My son is currently in quarantine at Egeler..He has been able to call since the first week...Does GlobalTel have a way to set up so he call can call anyone, not just me?
Old 03-26-2015, 10:48 PM
Northern Star

The only way he can call "anyone " would be to get a "disbursement " from his prison funds and purchase a "debit card". When he dials a number he will be asked weather he wants to make a "collect" (GTL) or a "debit" call (using his phone disbursement credit)

option 2
register the # he wishes to call on your GTL account and pre pay with fund you deposit

"Dios sabe porque hace las cosas"

Last edited by Quetz; 03-26-2015 at 10:53 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Quetz For This Useful Post:
Rockstarsmom (03-27-2015)