Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Michigan prison Visitation, Phones & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's sub-forum category.

Old 11-22-2017, 05:22 PM

Default Eeek!! Its TIME~!! First Visit!

I called up today and learned... I AM APPROVED!! I can go see my man tomorrow~ our infant didnt get approved yet so he will have his oldest sister watching him ...

BUT I GET TO SEE HIM! TOUCH HIM!! KIIIIIIISSSSSSSS HIM!! HHHHHHHUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGG HIM!!! I AM OVER THE MOON EXCITED~~~

But okay, this is all new to me. I know the physical address of the prison so do I drive to that address and is it pretty easy to figure out what door to go into ? I know the dress code and I will make it as simple as possible. Its Kinross so do I bring coins for vending machines? What about photos?? I HAVE to get a photo taken with him! I HAVE TO!!

AND do I HAVE to warn him I am coming?? or how do they notify prisoners that they have visitors? I was just thinking how much fun it would be if he had no warning i was coming... I could see the relatively raw emotion he would feel towards finally being able to see me

Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2017, 05:56 PM

Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,788 Posts

Well I would call before you go up there and ask if you need coins or cash because every prison is different. I've had to bring coins and now I bring cash and buy a vending card and a few times I used my actual debt card. So defiantly call. There will be a vending machine in the waiting room where you will buy the picture tickets and you take those in the visiting room with you. And you drive to the address and you will see a parking lot where the guards park. There should be a sign pointing you to where the visitors should park. And if he calls you tonight or when you are on your way I would tell him if you are coming he may want to shave and shower so he looks nice but other wise when you sign up for the visit they will call the unit he's in and tell him he has a visit. If he's not prepared it may take longer to see him because he will have to change clothes and get ready and getting a visit with no warning isn't fun lol. Also do you know when count time is because if you go during one of those you will have to sit there for a while and that's not fun either.

Last edited by nygirl17; 11-22-2017 at 05:59 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to nygirl17 For This Useful Post:
EccentricManda (11-22-2017)
Old 11-22-2017, 06:13 PM

ooh goodness i dont know when his count is.. I want to say it was around 3-4pm. I guess I could give him a really last minute warning He usually calls me around 2pm which means he would get like maybe a 90 minutes heads up..

How long does it take for you to go from arriving there until you are sitting down with your husband? how long does it take to get in?

Old 11-22-2017, 06:31 PM

Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricManda View Post
ooh goodness i dont know when his count is.. I want to say it was around 3-4pm. I guess I could give him a really last minute warning He usually calls me around 2pm which means he would get like maybe a 90 minutes heads up..

How long does it take for you to go from arriving there until you are sitting down with your husband? how long does it take to get in?
I would let him know. He will be happy either way
And it varies from prison to prison I've gotten in in less then ten minutes and I've had to sit there for two hours. It depends on what's going on. Shift change count anything. You will learn all this when you go. Also you should have him tell you when count is and he can also find out shift change as well. Then you know not to go at that time.