Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) in Coalinga, California.

Old 12-26-2012, 08:56 PM

Thanked 1,865 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default PVSP Ad-Seg Q&A

This thread is for any questions, issues or information regarding Ad-Seg- Administrative Segregation- AKA "the hole"....
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSCLARK82702
They will keep him there until they find an "open bed"
Well I went to visit my husband in ad seg and they are not releasing him to a yard. They say hes a threat and also bcuz he was validated they want to transfer for him to shu in another prison. They are also bringing up old stuff and he will find out in Feb wether he will get charged or not. I still hope,so its all about waiting to see what happens. Does anyone know time for weapon possession?
Old 01-14-2013, 10:14 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,281 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvn2bratz4life View Post
Well I went to visit my husband in ad seg and they are not releasing him to a yard. They say hes a threat and also bcuz he was validated they want to transfer for him to shu in another prison. They are also bringing up old stuff and he will find out in Feb wether he will get charged or not. I still hope,so its all about waiting to see what happens. Does anyone know time for weapon possession?
Glad you got a chance to visit with your hubby. Sorry to hear he got validated, that really sucks. I just wish I could help answer your question, maybe if you posted your question on the California General Prison talk or just under Q/A someone will know..

Last edited by Nica; 01-14-2013 at 10:18 PM..
Old 01-15-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvn2bratz4life

There was a lady here who just dealt with validation ad/seg at PV. Took them a long time to transfer her man, but she just left (he got transferrd) at the end of last year. Not sure if she still comes by here (hope she does, she was real nice and informative). I have dealt with PV ad/seg way more than I wanted to, but not for validation reasons. But if you have any Q's pm me and I'll do my best to answer them as she did for me. Maybe reread 2012 thread, I think she posted a bit about her experience. Maybe you can pm her.
Sorry you're dealing with this nonsense. Good luck with everything.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by traviesita View Post
This thread is for any questions, issues or information regarding Ad-Seg- Administrative Segregation- AKA "the hole"....
hi everyone , my love is ad- seg waiting to get transfer to the shu , my question is whats the shu ? can he get visits every weekend? im so bummed out theres no contact I haven't received any letter from him this week, im not sure whats going on, can anyone help a young lady out
Old 01-27-2013, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel2487

hi everyone , my love is ad- seg waiting to get transfer to the shu , my question is whats the shu ? can he get visits every weekend? im so bummed out theres no contact I haven't received any letter from him this week, im not sure whats going on, can anyone help a young lady out
Mine is supposed to get transferred to. He will also go to the shu.I dnt know how visiting will be once transferred but here u can see him for an hour sat and sun. As far as letters go it can take 1-2 weeks to recieve and for them to get a letter. I jst got one last sat that was sent out the 5th. Its horrible. No contact visits and no calls. Mine has been back there a lil over a year. For me its been hard at times but nothing u can do. I visit every couple of months. That helps some..Im not too sure about the difference. I dnt think theres too much.Maybe someone else will have more info..
The Following User Says Thank You to luvn2bratz4life For This Useful Post:
rachel2487 (01-27-2013)
Old 01-30-2013, 05:31 PM

From what I know, SHU inmates get one hour glass visits each weekend (not sure if its one day each weekend or both) unless there is a reason they take them away. I thought the same went for ad/seg here unless he is under investigation. Then they can take his visits until they determine the outcome of their investigation. They have a year to make their decision.
On a separate note, just wanted to let everyone know we just got transferred out. Ill be in here on and off as always, just prob a little less. The chat room for our new place is real quiet. Mostly lockdown updates. Ugh. Anyway, thanks ladies for everything. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions. Been at PV for quite a few years and in happy to share what I know from my and some friends experiences. Have dealt with ad/seg here. Glad that shits over. Anyway, take care everyone
Old 01-30-2013, 08:53 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalPuppyLove View Post
From what I know, SHU inmates get one hour glass visits each weekend (not sure if its one day each weekend or both) unless there is a reason they take them away. I thought the same went for ad/seg here unless he is under investigation. Then they can take his visits until they determine the outcome of their investigation. They have a year to make their decision.
On a separate note, just wanted to let everyone know we just got transferred out. Ill be in here on and off as always, just prob a little less. The chat room for our new place is real quiet. Mostly lockdown updates. Ugh. Anyway, thanks ladies for everything. Feel free to pm me if you have any questions. Been at PV for quite a few years and in happy to share what I know from my and some friends experiences. Have dealt with ad/seg here. Glad that shits over. Anyway, take care everyone
Thank you for answering my questions as a newbie. Good luck to you and your LO at the new facility . Dont forget to stop by and say hi...
Old 02-01-2013, 05:15 PM

can anyone tell me what the mail runs like in adseg? like how long does it take for them to get my mail or how long will it take to get to me? thanks
Old 02-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Summer of 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdogswifey
can anyone tell me what the mail runs like in adseg? like how long does it take for them to get my mail or how long will it take to get to me? thanks
hope this helps
For them to receive it it takes about 7 days and for me to receive his letters it takes 3 days.. last letter i received was written on january 29th picked up that night and i received it this morning..
Old 02-02-2013, 08:10 PM

First I would like to thank all the lady's that took time out answering any questions guarding seg unit thank you ladys ur appreciated. I've received one letter tm my love dated on Jan 24 and I received it on Wednesday on Jan 30. It took more than three days to receive f.y.I, just incase other lady's are having the same problem. I'm happy to say the shu is suspended an he's going bk to mainline , meaning contact visits yayyy! Last letter I sent him was Jan 22 haven't received any sents so its the waiting game for me ... I'll keep it posted
Old 02-03-2013, 02:45 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel2487 View Post
First I would like to thank all the lady's that took time out answering any questions guarding seg unit thank you ladys ur appreciated. I've received one letter tm my love dated on Jan 24 and I received it on Wednesday on Jan 30. It took more than three days to receive f.y.I, just incase other lady's are having the same problem. I'm happy to say the shu is suspended an he's going bk to mainline , meaning contact visits yayyy! Last letter I sent him was Jan 22 haven't received any sents so its the waiting game for me ... I'll keep it posted

That is wonderful news for you and your LO...just in time for the Valentine holiday weekend
rachel2487 (02-04-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 07:05 PM

does anyone know if they could get packages while in adseg? or how long does it take for them to receive a receipt for money on there accounts? and what are the possibilities they could get charge with battery on an inmate if a riot happened? what are the punishments for that? please help. thanks
Old 03-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Thru thick & thin.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdogswifey View Post
does anyone know if they could get packages while in adseg? or how long does it take for them to receive a receipt for money on there accounts? and what are the possibilities they could get charge with battery on an inmate if a riot happened? what are the punishments for that? please help. thanks
Hi.. My husband was also sent to the ad seg in High desert for participation in a riot and he recieved a 3 month shu term and was then transferred here to PV due to not being able to go back to the yard at HD because he was involved in the riot. He did not get a charge for that however on a battery charge he did have back in Soledad it was referred to the DA and he did have to go to court... and the incident had happened in July and was sent to the SHU in Tehachapi and then brought back to County jail for court late Dec. It is usually a DA referal but it is up to the DA if they want to proceed or not.. .lets pray not...

i believe the punishement is 6-8 months shu term and if guilty in court i believe it is two years (thats what my husband got) and since it was a strike it was a double sentence.

Money gets to them the same as if they were in the yard. We no longer are at PV now at Tehachapi SHU but we did do 1 1/2 years in PV Adseg so i can help in whatever way

Old 03-19-2013, 05:00 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staying*Strong*05 View Post
Hi.. My husband was also sent to the ad seg in High desert for participation in a riot and he recieved a 3 month shu term and was then transferred here to PV due to not being able to go back to the yard at HD because he was involved in the riot. He did not get a charge for that however on a battery charge he did have back in Soledad it was referred to the DA and he did have to go to court... and the incident had happened in July and was sent to the SHU in Tehachapi and then brought back to County jail for court late Dec. It is usually a DA referal but it is up to the DA if they want to proceed or not.. .lets pray not...

i believe the punishement is 6-8 months shu term and if guilty in court i believe it is two years (thats what my husband got) and since it was a strike it was a double sentence.

Money gets to them the same as if they were in the yard. We no longer are at PV now at Tehachapi SHU but we did do 1 1/2 years in PV Adseg so i can help in whatever way
Hi Staying Strong, Can they order from canteen while in Ad Seg? One more question What punishment will an inmate receive if a weapon is found in ones mattress? Thank in advance for your help.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:31 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitamac View Post
Hi Staying Strong, Can they order from canteen while in Ad Seg? One more question What punishment will an inmate receive if a weapon is found in ones mattress? Thank in advance for your help.

Hello there Nitamac. Yes, they are allowed canteen with a $45 limit a month. He needs to have money on his books by the 25th of each month to get a canteen slip. Canteen is usually drawn at the beginning of each month.

Not sure about the second part of your question, it all depends on the outcome of his hearing.

I hope this helps you.

Last edited by Nica; 03-20-2013 at 01:41 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Nica For This Useful Post:
nitamac (04-05-2013)
Old 03-29-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica27 View Post
Hello there Nitamac. Yes, they are allowed canteen with a $45 limit a month. He needs to have money on his books by the 25th of each month to get a canteen slip. Canteen is usually drawn at the beginning of each month.

Not sure about the second part of your question, it all depends on the outcome of his hearing.

I hope this helps you.
I seen this and I want to say that my husband got a charged with a manufactured weapon a few years back. They gave him 2years and 8months.He also had to do his time consecutive. We are facing same thing right now concerning a weapon they found near him. This happened last Jan.He supposed to find out in April what the D.A.is gonna decide.Why the long wait idk but they need to hurry. Anyways from what he told me the longest he can get for a weapon charge is about 3yrs. Im hoping since its been so long they dismiss it. My hubby is coming home this year and it would be really hard on both of us if they add time. Try to keep ur head up...
The Following User Says Thank You to luvn2bratz4life For This Useful Post:
nitamac (04-05-2013)
Old 03-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Thru thick & thin.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitamac View Post
HI yes they can... and i believe it is $55 not $45 that is what my husband told me when he was there because i was always shorting him $10 lol

They go to canteen depending on their CDC # i believe the last digit.. there are 3 draws My husbands end in a 3 and is always first draw... so you might want to ask him what draw he is ....

not sure about the second part but let me download title 15 and i can look i had an outdated one

Old 02-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Summer of 2017

Quote:
They can receive packages but they will only get a few things at a time.. they should be able to get the receipt a few days after they receive money on their account.. about the possibilities for getting battery from a riot shouldnt be to high unless he started it.. my husband was in a riot and he got 90 days in ad seg and will be C-Status when he returns to the yard for another 90 days..
Old 02-17-2013, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetpawzgirl View Post
They can receive packages but they will only get a few things at a time.. they should be able to get the receipt a few days after they receive money on their account.. about the possibilities for getting battery from a riot shouldnt be to high unless he started it.. my husband was in a riot and he got 90 days in ad seg and will be C-Status when he returns to the yard for another 90 days..

thnks...no he didnt start the riot, but he said they changed his paperwork from "participating in a riot" to "battery on inmate", and supposedley they referred his paperwork to the d.a. im scared because i dont know how serious this is. if i should get him an attorney now or wait. he is telling me that i shouldnt worry but i have to because its not fair. they set up these men to get into riots, plus it was self defense. what should i do? anyone ?
Old 02-20-2013, 01:11 PM
Summer of 2017

Quote:

thnks...no he didnt start the riot, but he said they changed his paperwork from "participating in a riot" to "battery on inmate", and supposedley they referred his paperwork to the d.a. im scared because i dont know how serious this is. if i should get him an attorney now or wait. he is telling me that i shouldnt worry but i have to because its not fair. they set up these men to get into riots, plus it was self defense. what should i do? anyone ?
Sorry.. i dont knw what to do.. mine was in the previous riot and he is now in yard again.. he was just charged with participation in a riot.. yes i agree it seems as if they set up these men to get into riots n self defense or not they still get set to ad seg :/ you should call his counselor n ask what is there to do in cases like your man's.. maybe the counselor will be able to answer a couple of your questions or maybe even the yard captain since she/he got the paperwork on the riot.. other than that i am out of ideas unless u follow ur man's advice n try to not worry.. but I would most likely start calling extensions for advice.. good luck
Old 05-08-2013, 06:10 PM

Ladies I really need your help if your man is now doing a shu term will he still be able to recieve packages and go to canteen? can someone be able to send a package to him while he is serving his shu term? This is a first, so any advice you can offer would greatly be appreciated.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Okay ladies this is what I know...SHU terms can be served at Corcoran, Tehachapi, and Pelican Bay. They are allowed store/canteen once a month. The limit is $55. You can put money on there books so they can draw for store. I think they can get one package a year (shu term). They can get magazines/books straight from the vendor. You can mail them a stationary package and send them crossword puzzles to keep the mind busy. I think there personal property is mailed home. They get 1 hr a day exercise, and are allowed 1hr visit by glass once a week. I hope this helps, stay strong, have faith and pray ladies .

oh yea, one more thing if he was a partcipant in a riot at PV once his shu term is complete, I dont think he can come back to the same facility .

Last edited by Nica; 05-08-2013 at 07:42 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Nica For This Useful Post:
Jays_Bea (05-08-2013)
Old 05-08-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica View Post
Okay ladies this is what I know...SHU terms can be served at Corcoran, Tehachapi, and Pelican Bay. They are allowed store/canteen once a month. The limit is $55. You can put money on there books so they can draw for store. I think they can get one package a year (shu term). They can get magazines/books straight from the vendor. You can mail them a stationary package and send them crossword puzzles to keep the mind busy. I think there personal property is mailed home. They get 1 hr a day exercise, and are allowed 1hr visit by glass once a week. I hope this helps, stay strong, have faith and pray ladies .

oh yea, one more thing if he was a partcipant in a riot at PV once his shu term is complete, I dont think he can come back to the same facility .
Thanks so much!
Old 05-28-2013, 02:21 PM

I have an appointment Saturday at 9 am to see my son. What time should I get there?

Thank you