Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arizona.

Old 11-30-2017, 01:53 PM

Default Looking for info on Rast Closed Unit

Does anybody know about rast closed unit? My loved one finally got moved from mental health to there last night. I hope he'll finally be able to call or write me now

Thank you. Oh he knows my address lol. But I hope he gets all the letters and pics I have sent him. I think 6 letters within 8 weeks. So he'll be pretty caught up on the stuff that's been happening if they give them to him actually. I'm so anxious to get home and see if he has called. I know I won't have a letter but maybe in a few days. I get his letters pretty fast when he writes me

Anybody have any info about this unit

He's a 4/4 custody level. But it don't say max so does have some chances he can still call or write

Last edited by Fridyrr.Likn; 12-01-2017 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: Duplicate post
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2017, 02:00 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,976 Times in 1,742 Posts

There are several units inside of Rast with 1 being max custody and 3 being close custody I believe. Close custody gets far more movement and freedoms than max custody so as soon as his phone code is set up there he should be able to call you. Property can take a while to catch up after a few moves so you might want to send him a letter just to make sure he has your address correct to send you mail. Hope you hear from him soon.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:06 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,205 Times in 3,888 Posts

Hi there I have a friend in Rast close custody and the units are open as far as I know.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (11-30-2017)
Old 12-01-2017, 01:26 AM
Account Closed

My man was a 5/4 at one point - They can call and write still! LOPs can stop phone calls though. What is it you’d like to know about the unit?
Old 12-01-2017, 09:17 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

I've merged your two posts into one.

Even in max custody (which your LO is not) they still have chances to call and all inmates have the change to write if they have the writing material to do so. I had a good friend at Browning STG which is very max and he called once a week. Your LO should have plenty of chances to call and write on close custody.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:03 PM

Still no calls. Do you think because somebody was using his pu that he will have to get a new one? Maybe that's why he hasn't called yer. In this unit are they only allowed one hour out?
Old 12-01-2017, 01:06 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

I doubt the facility even knows that someone else was using his pin unless someone told. If so then yes it may take a few days for him to get a new pin. Changing units it may take a few days for them to activate his pin. Most 4 (close) yards are out more than 1 hour a day. They have set rec times. I can't speak for this particular yard. I don't know if there's something going on that would cause a lockdown. I know they recently did quarterly searches at another unit at Lewis so that's always a possibility. Unfortunately there's just too many possibilities to know for sure.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:02 PM
Account Closed

What did I do to this thread!? I thought I’d simply replied to it but it was first thing in the morning and I wasn’t fully awake! Did I click something by accident!?
Old 12-03-2017, 04:09 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaLea View Post
What did I do to this thread!? I thought Id simply replied to it but it was first thing in the morning and I wasnt fully awake! Did I click something by accident!?
You just replied. There were two of the same threads so we merged them together
Old 12-03-2017, 04:28 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridyrr.Likn View Post
You just replied. There were two of the same threads so we merged them together
Ah ok! Just checking!