Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arizona.

Old 11-16-2017, 08:23 PM

Default Kosher meals at Alhambra?

Will my husband be able to get his kosher meals while he is at Alhambra? Will he need to bring anything from the jail showing he is being fed kosher now or is there a form from the chaplain?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2017, 09:23 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,983 Times in 1,742 Posts

I really don't know. Alhambra is a mess of processing. Figuring out what security class people need to go into. Testing. Photographing. Making files. He can absolutely tell them that he needs a Kosher diet there but I'm not sure if he'll get it right away. I don't know of any form that's available to fill out. I don't even know if there's a full time chaplain at Alhambra to make that happen. He can probably count on some meals not being Kosher. You could certainly call Alhambra and ask. Their number is (602) 685-3100

Have you read the Constituent Services Informational Handbook? It has a lot of helpful information in it. You can find it HERE I would direct you to the Family and Friends Liaison but since your husband isn't an ADC inmate yet I'm not sure how much they can help.
Quote:
Requests for religious services or accommodations should be presented by the inmate to the prison Chaplain, and will be considered within the requirements for operating prisons in a safe, secure, and orderly manner. Although the Department works to ensure that inmates are allowed to participate in religious activities, have access to religious materials, religious diets and other legitimate aspects of their faith, some practices or religious supplies may not be authorized in the prison.
You can read ADC order for Food Service HERE

Inmate Religious Activites Order says this about religious meals:
Quote:
1.5 Religious Diets
1.5.1 Inmates wanting to observe religious dietary laws shall provide written special diet requests to institutional Chaplains.
1.5.2 Religious dietary requests shall be accommodated to the extent practicable within the constraints of budgetary limitations, security and the orderly operation of the institution.
1.5.3 Applications for special diets, and processing such requests, shall be in accordance with Department Order #912, Inmate Food Service System and the Food Service Technical
Manual.
mama_pig (11-17-2017), uRmylife (11-17-2017), xolady (11-17-2017)