Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arizona.

Old 11-28-2017, 04:11 PM

Default Marana Info Please

Hi everyone!

I hope it is ok to start a new Marana thread.. I saw one from 2013 but I know a lot can change in 4 years.

So... My husband was sentenced yesterday to 10 years and before anyone jumps on me about Marana being a "short timer" yard, I am aware of that and I believe the judge knows that too since she recommended it. I know that does not matter much, and I know it is a bit of a stretch but I would like information anyway.

Does anyone know anything about Kingman having the same program but for medium security? Any and all information is welcome and helpful

Thanks so much!

Last edited by mama_pig; 11-28-2017 at 04:16 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2017, 07:08 PM

Since your husband was sentenced to more than 5 years, than the 3 yard is the lowest yard he can be on until he has less than 5 years remaining and has not had major tickets/write-up, etc. The yard / classification is based on behavior and amount of time remaining.

The lowest yard he would be classified for currently is MED. You can see the all the different yard levels on the "daily count sheet" on the ADOC website under the reports section. I have included the link below. If you look all the way to the left you will see the custody code associated with each yard.

Kingman only has a 2 yard (MIN) for General Population and has a 3 yard (MED) for SO's only. So if he was not convicted and would fall under the SO classification he would not be able to house in Kingman until he has under 5 years left and is moved to a MIN/2 classification based on behavior. Marana is also a 2 yard (MIN) so he would not be eligible currently.

https://corrections.az.gov/sites/def...ount_sheet.pdf

Best wishes- sorry you are on this journey.....
The Following User Says Thank You to uRmylife For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (11-29-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 07:28 PM

The daily count is VERY informative. Thank you for the link do you know if Marana if the only "treatment" or "program" yard?
Old 11-29-2017, 08:22 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,983 Times in 1,742 Posts

There's treatment and programs at all the facilities. As stated above, he'll be going to at least a 3 (medium) yard. The judge has no say about that. When he gets under 5 years they may put him on a treatment yard but probably not. It's mostly for first time drug charges on short time.
uRmylife (11-29-2017)