Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2015, 01:33 AM

Post Help! Boyfriend was sentenced to 12 years.

Hi, I am desperately seeking some insight as to what possibilities my boyfriend may have in regards to possibly getting any credits towards his time. He got sentenced to 12 years with 85% due to his prior strike not being stricken, which resulted in his 2 year sentence being doubled, along with 3 years for Great Bodily Injury and lastly a 5 year enhancement due to the new crime being considered a "serious" felony.
I just got off the phone with him and he stated there is some kind of credit being issued to inmates with more than 10 years to serve having 3 years automatically reduced due to the over population. Can someone please clarify if this is true, or please provide me with any credits offered to violent offenders?
Thank you, I truly appreciate any feedback.
Sponsored Links