Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 03-29-2020, 02:05 PM

Default Can someone on parole in Georgia live alone?

My nephew is being released from a Georgia transitional center in May. He has a sex offense charge. Can he live at a residence alone? Will the parole officer approve a residence where no one currently lives? My understanding is they have to approve the residence before my nephew is released.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2020, 02:41 PM

Thanked 2,190 Times in 863 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenbwells View Post
My nephew is being released from a Georgia transitional center in May. He has a sex offense charge. Can he live at a residence alone? Will the parole officer approve a residence where no one currently lives? My understanding is they have to approve the residence before my nephew is released.
Thanks.
As far as I know he can. My son had a short time to serve but a long probation period. He owned his own home & was allowed to go back there to live alone. A guy we know was on parole in GA & he lived alone in a room at an extended stay motel. The main issue is the SO residency rules. As long as his place is not closer than 1000 ft from a church, school, playground, or daycare then it should get approved. The sheriff's office SO officer will check the address for compliance on that. If that passes then usually parole is ok with it.

If he's at a TC then he usually has to submit an address for release about 2 months or so before his release. My son had to submit his by Dec for a February release.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
patchouli (03-29-2020), stevenbwells (03-30-2020)