Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > North Kern State Prison (NKSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Kern State Prison (NKSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to North Kern State Prison (NKSP) located in Delano, California.

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 12:43 PM
Administrator Emeritus
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,107 Times in 219 Posts
Default Welcome to North Kern State Prison (NKSP)

Welcome Guests

We would like to extend our most heart felt welcome to all of our guests that are viewing our North Kern State Prison (NKSP) forum, and of course all of PTO. We are here to lend you our support and share our knowledge with you. PTO comes to you without obligation and our only request of you is that you share your knowledge with us whenever possible. Once you register here at PTO please feel free to PM myself or any of our team at anytime. We are all at the ready to help you in any way we can. We will all be waiting for your first post.

Sincerely,

CA Staff

Last edited by Terry; 06-25-2008 at 04:48 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2006, 02:01 AM

Default so whats this about??

so can i get info on north kern state prison here,my boyfriend just got sent there and theres alot of things i have questions on if you can help thats great!!

Last edited by chuloschula; 02-17-2006 at 02:44 AM..
Old 02-17-2006, 02:57 AM

Default I hope you can help

Old 02-23-2006, 08:25 PM

Hi, My Husband Just Got Sent To Kern County Prison And I Don't Know Anything About It, Some Info Would Help. Hey, Can They Call Out From There??
Old 02-23-2006, 08:42 PM
Yes I'm back! :)
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,190 Times in 497 Posts

there is some basic info here
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=183433

Get well soon David! You are in our thoughts
Old 02-26-2006, 09:57 AM

Thanks for giving us our own forum. With KVSP being so new, there is a lot of confusion and we needed this. Also, there are a lot of questions I know from NKSP as it is a reception center and people need a lot of help navigating especially when they are new to the system. Thanks again.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:47 PM
Closed

Default KVSP mailing address

I'm looking for the correct mailing address for inmates located at Kern Valley State Prison.

My son, who is the inmate, sent us the following address:

KVSP-(housing number here)
PO Box 5103
Delano, CA 93216

I saw posted in a closed thread about KVSP that the mailing address is:

PO Box 5101
Delano, CA 93216

We're concerned that by having the wrong PO Box on his mail that the PO may refuse mail. There's already been mail refused, though we don't know why.

Also, if there is an Inmate Family Counsel (there was at Folsom) and anyone out there has contact information, I'd appreciate that as well.

My son has been there for 3 weeks, hasn't received any mail, none of his property has been transferred, the money we sent for his books hasn't been received....nothing. My son was at Folsom for almost 5 years, we know all the basic rules> From what we've gotten back, many of the "standard" rules (which are supposed to be "uniform" in all Californian prisons) aren't at KVSP.

KVSP doesn't even have a website for information.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:00 PM

O.K.- THIS IS JUST A THOUGHT, BUT IF THERES 2 DIFFERENT PRISONS IN DELANO KERN VALLEY AND N.K.S.P.WOULDN'T IT BE LESS CONFUSION IF THERE WAS ALSO 2 SEPERATE SITES TO POST INFORMATION ON? I PERSONALY HAVENT BEEN THERE SO MAYBE I'M WRONG I HAVEN'T SEEN THE PLACE .
Old 03-03-2006, 11:00 PM

O.K.- THIS IS JUST A THOUGHT, BUT IF THERES 2 DIFFERENT PRISONS IN DELANO KERN VALLEY AND N.K.S.P.WOULDN'T IT BE LESS CONFUSION IF THERE WAS ALSO 2 SEPERATE SITES TO POST INFORMATION ON? I PERSONALY HAVENT BEEN THERE SO MAYBE I'M WRONG I HAVEN'T SEEN THE PLACE .
Old 03-06-2006, 10:21 PM

Dear MaraBlue- use the PO Box he gave you. I believe that is for C yard. It is the same PO Box my man has. Each yard has it's own PO Box. You can call records and they can confirm the address for you including the PO Box number. Mail appears to be getting better, but it has been real bad for awhile. We all know there is not data on the website and this prison being so new, there is a lot of confusion, which is why this section is so intense. We all share whatever data we have to help each other through the growing pains of this prison. To help you out though, most of the people have found theirs are doing better at this prison other than mail and some stupid rules that pop up occasionally. We are all turning into quite a close knit group here, as this is just too confusing for all of us. Hence, we are starting to piece things together and this helps a lot. Nancy
Old 03-13-2006, 01:28 PM

Question Mail for North Kern State Prison

Hey! Everyone here seems so helpful with newbie's so I thought I give it a try. My brother Sent me a letter on the 17th of February. The only return info was his CDC#, an address, and a P.OBox#. I responded to his letter the following day. On March 10th he send me another letter wondering why I had'nt responded. I noticed that on his return info it now had a housing location and a different P.OBox#. Since my first letter did not include all this new info does anybody know what will happen to my letter. Will it be returned to me? or will they still give it to him? And if so if they will still give it to him does anybody know approximately how long it takes when certain info isnt correct? Any info is greatly appreciated. I sent him a new letter letting him know I hadnt forgot about him, but I'm concerned about the other letter because it had some important info.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:10 AM

Default Thanks for all the Info

Hi all I just wanna Thank you and this web site for all the info. My boyfriend is in Kern Valley State until Nov. 06. His mail is slow getting to him. I haven't received my approved visit yet. No one's heard from him in 2 weeks. I wish I didn't feel so discouraged with him, this is his 5th time back in prison, and tired of missing him. I Love him and I know he Loves me, but I don't know what to do anymore. Thanks for giving me a place to whine a little. Any encouraging words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Thanks again! Sandi

Chad I Love You, Forever and a Day!
Old 03-18-2006, 03:06 PM

Hi there everyone my boyfriend is there in kern valley state prison. And from L.A it's about a 2 hour drive. The only thing I don't like is the visiting process it takes along time. So when I leave my home I leave about 5:00 a.m. because when I get there there is already a line just to go in there. But after I go threw all the process I go to the A yard and right away he comes out that's the only thing bad about it.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:44 PM

Hi there everyone my boyfriend is there in kern valley state prison. And from L.A it's about a 2 hour drive. The only thing I don't like is the visiting process it takes along time. So when I leave my home I leave about 5:00 a.m. because when I get there there is already a line just to go in there. But after I go threw all the process I go to the A yard and right away he comes out that's the only thing bad about it.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:10 AM

Default Husband at North Kern

i am new to this, my husband has been at North Kern since 2/21/06 & I am in Missouri. How can I get a visiting form, does he send it or do I request it? Or would it be better for me to wait until he gets transferred out of reception?
Old 03-28-2006, 03:58 PM

I'm Just Was Wondering If Anyone Goes From Sacramento Or Close By To Delano???? I'm Going On Sunday...but I Have To Make An Appointment And It's Only For 1 Hour .. Let Me Know If Anyone Is Going From Around This Area...
Old 04-06-2006, 09:53 AM
Raymondsdez

Smile thanks for the info!

Thank you so much for this information! This helps me out a lot. I have been searching online for the last 24 hours to get any helpful information possible, and I finally found it thanks to you. i am greatly appreciative. My boyfriend just got transferred to Delano yesterday, so i was completely clueless about it all. So, thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Sunshine
Old 04-06-2006, 10:59 PM

i'd like to thank everyone for their help and advice it is very helpful and it's good to know there are people who can relate thanks once again
Old 04-12-2006, 10:08 PM
timslilsexy

Default 25life

Hi Everyone . Thank you for all the help. It has helped out alot nksp rec is or isn't allowed visiting . I live in Riv. County and when I get approved for visits. I'm Looking for someone that would like to carpool for the weekend and visit on both days. On the visiting line I was told that the visits were 1 hour long and no contact. and on sat and sun. Is that right?
Old 04-17-2006, 01:43 PM

My soon to be husband thinks he may be transferred to Delano within the next week from Calipatria. Right now I live in Washington State. The visiting in Calipatria was very good and relaxed. They allowed more closeness then any I've seen. How is the visiting in this area in Delano? Are they strict like in Corcoran ? Any info anyone has would really help. Motels etc. Does Amtrak go there ? Are there shuttles from the motels ? How long is the wait to get in. And are the hours and days the same as all Calif prisons? Thank you I'm new here. And I'm not a computer whiz and this one is acting up often. Bonnie
Old 04-28-2006, 12:28 AM
timslilsexy

ty
Old 04-28-2006, 12:47 AM

o

Last edited by FRIENZTODAEND; 04-28-2006 at 12:49 AM..
Old 05-03-2006, 11:32 PM

Thank You and I will be here alot.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:06 AM
Ronnie's Lady Love!!!

All of this info really does help.... I learn more and more thanks to everyone here!!
Old 05-07-2006, 03:41 PM

As far as the mailing address is concerned, i just received a letter from my husband who is at North Kern State Prison and just got there 5/3 for reception. The address he gave me is
North Kern State Prison
2737 Cecil Avenue
PO Box 5004
Delano, CA 93216-5004
and he is in the C-Yard
Does anyone else have someone there in the C-Yard?
I actually received a phone call from some guy that just got out yesterday with a message from my husband, it was definitely a relief, this has been so hard for me too. And for the ones with the multiple time experiences, this is number 3 and I feel your frustration, you'd think they'd learn. But some say that these guys are just back home again. (home being prison)
oooooppppsss this was a reply for a different thread...sorry
to the riverside gal, i live in eagle rock and if you drive up to me i'll drive the rest of the way

Last edited by smittys_susie; 05-07-2006 at 03:45 PM..
Closed Thread