Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:06 PM

Default No Land Line Just a Cell Phone

I received a called yesterday from an 1.866 #, it was a recording letting me know I could register to receive calls from my BF. I have some questions: What if I dont have a land line? Can I still set up my phone even though is a cell phone? Would they know is a cell phone and not a land line?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2009, 03:52 PM
I love my inmate

Thanked 1,080 Times in 635 Posts

Yes, they verify that it's a Landline and that the bill is in your name. I guess they call the phone # to verify, not sure, but I do know that they do verify the information. Plus, on the registration page, you have to claim that the number is in your name and not a cell phone. So, if by chance, a cell phone # gets approved, and they find out, it would be on you for lying about it. I had to get a land line to get calls from my fiancee, so I guess it depends on how much it's worth to you and if you can afford it. Good luck!

Old 10-05-2009, 04:21 PM
I hold my ♥ n my arms

yeap they will find out so my best suggestion is to get a landline and dont get caught up like some others on here cause it can and will b taken away and its not worth it..the truth always comes out..good luck and hope u get a landline and u can hear from ur loved one soon.

My love is home as of 12/1/10
Old 10-05-2009, 05:11 PM

you need a landline MyasAngel!! hope you are able to get one!!
"As a face reflects in water, so the heart reflects the real person."
Proverbs 27:19
Old 10-05-2009, 07:49 PM

I didn't know you needed a land line. He knows I only use a cell phone and calls that. He uses the pre-paid phone cards they sell. I've never had to set up an account with hanyone. I actually was just talking to someone who was paroled and said a cell phone wasn't a problem? I have no idea.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:23 PM
I hold my ♥ n my arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlc181 View Post
I didn't know you needed a land line. He knows I only use a cell phone and calls that. He uses the pre-paid phone cards they sell. I've never had to set up an account with hanyone. I actually was just talking to someone who was paroled and said a cell phone wasn't a problem? I have no idea.
is ur loved one in TDCJ? i am asking because the rules r different in every state.

My love is home as of 12/1/10

Last edited by h!s W!F3Y; 10-05-2009 at 08:24 PM..
Old 10-06-2009, 04:40 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,298 Times in 761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlc181 View Post
it's also different in the county jails as well. Although you aren't supposed to call to cellphones there either, the verification process is pretty much non existant. We used one when he was at county, but had to get a landline once he caught chain.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:35 PM

No is in an IN USP, and I can't speak for them as of yet because I have yet to hear from him he was transferred last Thursday and I am assuming he has been unable to contact me by phone or mail. Ah! Let's not get me started on that I'm still annoyed. I guess we will see if it is approved.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:51 AM
I love my inmate

Thanked 1,080 Times in 635 Posts

In Texas, no cell phones, unfortunately. Now I have another phone bill, on top of what they charge me for minutes, just to be able to talk to him. We've been using all of our minutes, but we may have to cut back!

Old 10-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Faith

i had a question...last month me and my boyfriends minutes used them by the middle of the month but then the calls were able to come thru like the last week now do those roll over to the new month( october)? cus if they do then our minutes are up again and its just the 6th...but its not my fault that the company was still letting the calls go through. i think this 120 minutes is bullshit cus as long as we pay the bill then we should be able to receive the calls, right! im just wondering whether the minutes roll over?
Old 10-13-2009, 07:44 PM

Thanks for all your help.
I guess i'll just CONTINUE waiting.
It's not that long for him to come home. -HOPEFULLY =) -