Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:53 PM

Default Boyfriend just sentenced to 8 years

Hello,

My true soul mate was just sentenced to 8 years yesterday. As many of you may know its hard to find friends and family who know actually what your going through. Just looking for support and knowledge of those who have been down this road.

Thank u!
Old 11-24-2011, 10:06 PM
Account Closed

I'm so sorry to h
ear your guy got 8 years....i know how you feel... My friend T has ten years. Hang in there, write and jpay him alot. I'm going to be writing my friend as soon as I hear back from him soon

I'm thankful for this site and the support. Its hard I know hun, but you have our support.

I have learned so much from this place and I have been on here a few days. Thanks to the site I found out about jpay! Lol! Which is pretty awesome

Last edited by keepthefaith8; 11-24-2011 at 10:14 PM..
Old 11-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomkinf View Post
Hello,

My true soul mate was just sentenced to 8 years yesterday. As many of you may know its hard to find friends and family who know actually what your going through. Just looking for support and knowledge of those who have been down this road.

Thank u!
Well you came to the right place!! I am new to PTO too, but even in such a short amount of time these wonderful women have given me alot of strength and information! They listen and give advice that you can't get from anyone else because no one knows what it's like to be in our situation! If you ever have questions, just ask because someone will answer them for you. If you need to vent do so because someone is always listening. This site will help you so much! It has me anyway! Welcome!!
Old 11-24-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Hello,

Thank u!
I will be here to support you. You are right. Family and friends do not understand. Folks on here live it everyday, just like you do, and they understand. Be strong, be positive and stay focused. God Bless!
Old 11-25-2011, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Hello,

Thank u!
HANG IN THER I REMEMBER WHEN MY HUSNAND FIRST GOT SENTENCED ALL I COULD DO WAS BE STRONG FOR HIM AS I SAT IN THE COURT ROOM HEARING THE JUGDE SENTENCE HIM ... WHEN I GOT OUT OF HIS COURT I CRIED BUT HAD TO SUCK IT UP REAL QUICK CUS I HAD WORK IN LESS THEN AN HOUR AWAY... I WAS JUST LIKE YOU HEARING THE SAME THING.... BUT YOU KNOW WHAT AT FIRST IT SEEMED SO FAR AWAY NOW WE LOOK BACK AN REALIZE HE IS HALF WAYS HOME. STAY STRONG WRITE ALOT VISIT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. DON'T LOSE FAITH ..... WE ARE ALL HERE FOR IF YOU NEED US !

Last edited by RigtheousQueen; 11-25-2011 at 01:45 AM..
Old 11-25-2011, 08:05 AM

Smile

Quote:
Hello,

Thank u!
You will find LOTS of people on here who know exactly what you're going through. My fiancee was sentenced on 10/31 and I still don't think I've fully accepted what's happening. Be strong, and realize that even without the support from your loved ones (as HARD as it may be), you can and will get through this!!!

"Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity."

Old 11-25-2011, 09:13 PM
Love u more everyday!

soo sorry to hear bout your guy....hang in there be strong for him and you too..... this too shall pass...just keep in touch with him via letters and phone and try to make the best out of a bad situation... and just take it one day at a time... this site really does help! stick around and you will see....

Quote:
Hello,

Thank u!

Old 11-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Patienly waiting for 2016
Donation Award 

Sorry to hear about your man My man was sentenced to 8 years as well.. we have almost 4 years down now. If you keep looking at the the date of when he'll be realeased you'll drive yourself crazy. I never count down the days.. Time seems to just progress. Live your life, take this time to better yourself and be strong for your man. Write often, talk often and visit as much as you can. Before you know it you'll have a year down! You'll get through this.. And for the days when you feel like you can't .. thats when you vent to all of us! good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to HisHeart31 For This Useful Post:
Amanda_UWW (12-02-2011)
Old 12-02-2011, 12:58 AM

you came to the right place, my bf had 8 as well, 4 more to go. Just keep your head up, I won't say it'll be easy, you'll have your moments. *hugs*
Old 12-02-2011, 02:56 PM

My husband got sentenced to 7 years this past Oct. So if you need someone to talk to, let me know. It is nice to have someone who understands.
The Following User Says Thank You to Amanda_UWW For This Useful Post:
Pomkinf (12-04-2011)
Old 12-02-2011, 03:02 PM

Smile hang in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by pomkinf View Post
hello,

my true soul mate was just sentenced to 8 years yesterday. As many of you may know its hard to find friends and family who know actually what your going through. Just looking for support and knowledge of those who have been down this road.

Thank u!
my husband has been in for (21) years so just pray an tell him to stay out of trouble an every thing will be just fine but you have to be string for you an him.keep loving him write him as much as you can send cards the little things is what keep them up.i am here for you cause i cry sometime an i smile at other cause i know god got this.
Ladyrandall
Old 12-02-2011, 03:06 PM

Stay strong and keep coming back to the site when you feel lonely I have been here for only a month and I love it. The ladies have so many kind words because they know and relate on how we feel.

BTW my hubby got 10yrs
Old 12-02-2011, 03:49 PM

Omg im so sorry to hear that but we will be here for you. My love was only sentenced 7 months and i feel like i might loose it. You are so strong to take on these 8 years
Old 12-02-2011, 04:05 PM

Thanked 1,866 Times in 892 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyrandall View Post
my husband has been in for (21) years so just pray an tell him to stay out of trouble an every thing will be just fine but you have to be string for you an him.keep loving him write him as much as you can send cards the little things is what keep them up.i am here for you cause i cry sometime an i smile at other cause i know god got this.
Ladyrandall

Wow, 21 years? You are very strong and I am sure you give others the strength to hang on when they feel like letting it all go.

Kudos to you
Old 12-02-2011, 04:21 PM
WIthoutHim

Be strong. You can do it. Each day is a day closer to the EOS. At least that's what my man tells me.. How I miss him. This site will help you alot. You are not alone that's for sure.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:53 PM

Default Thank u

Thanks to all of you for your support
Old 12-04-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda_UWW View Post
My husband got sentenced to 7 years this past Oct. So if you need someone to talk to, let me know. It is nice to have someone who understands.
Thank u. My mind has went else where and doesnt grasp how long 8 years really is til I think how old our kids will be
Old 12-05-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Thank u. My mind has went else where and doesnt grasp how long 8 years really is til I think how old our kids will be
Awww! I couldn't imagine having children involved!! ~~ If you ever need to vent, feel free to message me any time!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:45 PM

Is it a mandatory eight years or does your state allow for the 25% or 85% laws? My sweetie was just sentenced to three years, but he was just granted parole today after one year so your sweetheart may not have to serve the whole eight. He may be able to knock extra time off for being in Trustee status or attending programs like NA, church meetings, etc. He needs to talk to his case manager as soon as possible and I would recommend either calling or researching the policies of your state's Department of Corrections.

Good luck and remember that it's not forever. Time goes by pretty quickly as long as you stay focused.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Hello,

Thank u!
I will not lie,it is not going to be easy,the best advice that I can give you is take one day at a time,and sometimes even that don't work.I have been dealing with this for almost 16 years,he was 19 when he got sentenced and is 34 now.He has missed his kids growing up,they were 4 and 8 when all this happened.Our daughter had our first grandchild 4 months ago,and he missed that too.I have faced so much hurt,pain,many questions and people telling me this is a waste of my time,but at the end of the day he is still my husband,best friend and soul mate,regardless of what he did or didn't do that got us to this place in our lives.I have waited almost 16 years and have a little more than 9 left,he was sentenced to 25 years.I love him and it is my choice to wait and support him,because he supports me even through the worst days.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Hello,

Thank u!

My boyfriend was sentenced 2 days ago. 10 years but can get out in 7 or 8. I guess we're counting down together If you need someone Im here. Im also dealing with having a baby and he will be 7 or 8 when he gets out