Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Coming Home
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Coming Home Dedicated to discussions about our loved ones that are coming home soon. Discussions here should not fit any other category.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:09 AM

Default Renting an Apartment with a felon?

Not sure if I am in the right thread but I am wondering if and how I should go about getting an apartment my man will be home in august the beginning im gonna rent or try to rent an apartment for my daughter and us by july 25th but I am worried do I put him on the lease or just let him move in when he gets home or what do I do when they ask why hes there Im scared if they check his credit it will lead to checking other stuff and they wont let me get the apt cuz of him??? anyone have any ideas or info for me im in the sfv so I just dont want problems....i feel like a dumb a.. can they say no bec he was incarcerated any info is better than what i think lol
Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2013, 01:35 AM

Well a lot of the time apartments will want everyone over 18 on the lease, and most places will do a background check on everyone on the lease. I know where I am moving they don't let any felons, they are very strict. But you want to ask around when you are looking for an apartment, tell them your situation and see if they are willing to work with you. This way you won't have to worry about them kicking you out if they find out he's living there and it's against the lease. I don't know if he's maxing out or if he will be on parole, but I've seen a lot of people say that the PO will want to contact the apartment management if you are renting so that's another factor. Good luck!
Old 05-29-2013, 12:07 PM

well i dont put my honey on my lease, what i do is try to rent from a private person cuz if you dont a majority of places will not accept you cuz ur other half is a felon sucks but its true. i also have rented in a complex but just kinda stayed on the low and stayed out of everyone's way. some agents will want to talk to management if your guy is a high risk or a runner.... good luck!!!