Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility, Corcoran (SATF)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility, Corcoran (SATF) Topic and discussion specific to CSATF- Substance Abuse Treatment Facility located at Corcoran State Prison in California.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:51 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad on leave

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 21,594 Times in 7,659 Posts
Default SATF Wedding/Marriage Q&A

Anything related to marriage procedures and weddings at SAC (only) belongs here.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2015, 06:52 PM

Smile how do you get marriage package

How do get a marriage package and what is the process like or how long
Old 09-16-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.evans1
How do get a marriage package and what is the process like or how long

He gets it from his councilor and sends it to you you feel it out and send it back takes anywhere from 60-120 days
Old 02-08-2016, 06:43 AM

Default What to do to get married in CSATF Corcoran,CA

I'm gonna marry my soulmate. I'm waiting for the papers of the marriage package to know what I have to do.
Does anybody know what you need to do when you do not live in the USA. I don't want to sent my birth certificate and divorce papers and they will deny cause they needed something else or it isn't complete.
All tips are very welcome.
It is also not clear to me where you marry, what the regulations are for the cloths you can wear on your weddingday etc.
I tried to find information on the website of the prison, but didn't find much.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:49 AM
TheBee'sKnees
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,721 Times in 1,115 Posts

Hi and Congratulations!!!! I can not help you in terms of the International aspect of things but I can tell you that you get married in the dayroom on whatever specific day of the month they offer weddings on his yard. I have heard of people being allowed to go out into the little patio area and getting married there, too. But basically it is you and your love in front of the holy altar of the vending machines...LOL.
Your clothing, unfortunately, is restricted to what you would be able to wear on a regular visiting day. But you can wear whatever you want within those parameters and it might be possible to pull off a more formal look if you get creative or have sewing skills.
Make sure your guests get cake from the vending machine as soon as they arrive so everyone can have wedding cake!!!!
It is not every womans dream wedding situation for sure but I think it can be a really special and beautiful day if you embrace the insanity of it all and just be present. No, no flowers, no music, no photographer but it is always a happy place in those visiting rooms and I am sure you are making him the happiest man on earth that day.
HisSoul (04-23-2016), TRAC328 (02-20-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 08:56 AM

Thanked 1,019 Times in 571 Posts

Congratulations to you both x

It all depends on the individual prison. I'm in the UK and recently married my man in Nevada. They were happy with photocopies of my divorce papers etc. but ring the Chaplain at the prison as he/she should be able to help you. As for clothes I just wore a dress which was in keeping with the visiting rules. When you go for the licence I think you will need the originals of divorce papers etc. but each State is different. Have you asked on the forum for the State your man is in?
The Following User Says Thank You to judiwoo For This Useful Post:
TRAC328 (02-20-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakini View Post
Hi and Congratulations!!!! I can not help you in terms of the International aspect of things but I can tell you that you get married in the dayroom on whatever specific day of the month they offer weddings on his yard. I have heard of people being allowed to go out into the little patio area and getting married there, too. But basically it is you and your love in front of the holy altar of the vending machines...LOL.
Your clothing, unfortunately, is restricted to what you would be able to wear on a regular visiting day. But you can wear whatever you want within those parameters and it might be possible to pull off a more formal look if you get creative or have sewing skills.
Make sure your guests get cake from the vending machine as soon as they arrive so everyone can have wedding cake!!!!
It is not every womans dream wedding situation for sure but I think it can be a really special and beautiful day if you embrace the insanity of it all and just be present. No, no flowers, no music, no photographer but it is always a happy place in those visiting rooms and I am sure you are making him the happiest man on earth that day.
Thnx Dakini, and yes despite of it all it will be a happy day for us!!!!
Old 02-08-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by judiwoo View Post
Congratulations to you both x

It all depends on the individual prison. I'm in the UK and recently married my man in Nevada. They were happy with photocopies of my divorce papers etc. but ring the Chaplain at the prison as he/she should be able to help you. As for clothes I just wore a dress which was in keeping with the visiting rules. When you go for the licence I think you will need the originals of divorce papers etc. but each State is different. Have you asked on the forum for the State your man is in?
Thnx Judiwoo, I didn't ask on that forum but sure will, the moment I figured out where that it
Old 02-18-2016, 06:00 PM
Love Mi Guerito! 02/08/10

Anyone have the number to call the marriage counselor?
Thanks in advance
.Love Is Never Easy and Distance Doesn’t Make It Any Easier; by Any Means but, It Does Make You Realize What You Want, What You Need and Most Importantly Realizing That One Person You Don't Mind Missing, Because Its the One Person You Cant Live Without.
Old 05-06-2016, 02:57 PM

does anyone know where I could look to find an ordained minister to get approved to marry me and my sould mate?
Old 05-06-2016, 03:10 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad on leave

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 21,594 Times in 7,659 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtcrsney22 View Post
does anyone know where I could look to find an ordained minister to get approved to marry me and my sould mate?
Hi there. This thread is specific to a facility in Corcoran, CA. Are you looking for info for Texas? If yes, try looking for your facility here.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
HisSoul (05-06-2016)
Old 05-26-2016, 08:17 PM

What is the first step to
Trying
To
Get married ?