Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility, Corcoran (SATF)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility, Corcoran (SATF) Topic and discussion specific to CSATF- Substance Abuse Treatment Facility located at Corcoran State Prison in California.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 05-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Heluvedme1st's Avatar
Heluvedme1st Heluvedme1st is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 6,551
Thanks: 1,516
Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,905 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbking View Post
Hello everyone. I am new to this site, this is my very first question. My friend was transferred her from Tehachapi. His letter says: "The differences between the two places is as dramatic as that between light and dark (and we're talking pretty dark here)."

He has been assigned to "A" Unit. Does anyone know what it is like there?
Hey Honey and Welcome to SATF.... My Husband And I have been here three almost four years and this Prison is really different from all the other Prison that we have been to they are more easy going and relaxed
__________________


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #27  
Old 05-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Heluvedme1st's Avatar
Heluvedme1st Heluvedme1st is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 6,551
Thanks: 1,516
Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,905 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS.MORRIS View Post
Hello to all im new to this forum I have never done this before so it may take me some time to understand how to work this. But I have read so many helpful tips throughout this whole forum. You ladies are incredible with all the great info you provide, keep it
Hey Girlie Welcome to SATF
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 05-08-2011, 07:01 PM
TrooperLove's Avatar
TrooperLove TrooperLove is offline
ILovEBanDiT
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Santa Ana,Ca
Posts: 162
Thanks: 25
Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Hi girls, my man just got to satf so ill b around.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 05-09-2011, 10:05 AM
lovelylori lovelylori is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: riverside ca
Posts: 80
Thanks: 3
Thanked 75 Times in 50 Posts
Smile new 2 cor 2

Hi my name is lori and my man got transfer 2 cor 2. 3weeks ago he is in G thanks for all the info about this place it just so far he was at cci and it took me 2 1/2 hours 2 get there so I use 2 see him more often but this is over 4 hrs I don't know what gonna do 2 us but I gues this whole prison thing can b crazy anyways hey ladies
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 05-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Papibear55's Avatar
Papibear55 Papibear55 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Orange, California USA
Posts: 67
Thanks: 23
Thanked 26 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Hi everyone, we were transfered here from Soledad last month. I have managed to find my way and get used to this new place with the help of all of you. Yes I was just a looky loo. I have posted a few times here and there. I did post in Soledad site as well. I never got close enough to meet anyone. I did notice this visiting room not as busy but it could be because of the different buildings. I am also new to this world. My honey has been in here for 24 years. He was married for 21 of those. We found each other in 2009 again while I visited his sister-law. I knew him from many years ago and knew of his fatal car accident that gave him a life sentence. He goes to the board this December. We are praying. He is a wonderful man and I am in Love. I found PTO right away and has been a huge help. This is a new world for me but I have so much respect and understanding of all the women and family that have loved ones in this world. I pray God gives you all peace and strength to endure your time in this environment.
__________________
Always Hopeful
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 05-11-2011, 07:49 AM
California_Mom's Avatar
California_Mom California_Mom is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southern California, USA
Posts: 996
Thanks: 1,568
Thanked 797 Times in 482 Posts
Default

TrooperLove, lovelylori, and mycolumbianboy,
Thank you for introducing yourselves at SATF. My son was at SATF a few years ago, and Lori, I can relate to your drive... no fun. Mycolumbianboy, thanks for sharing your story. Hopefully when he goes to board they will consider parole.
California Mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrooperLove View Post
Hi girls, my man just got to satf so ill b around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelylori View Post
Hi my name is lori and my man got transfer 2 cor 2. 3weeks ago he is in G thanks for all the info about this place it just so far he was at cci and it took me 2 1/2 hours 2 get there so I use 2 see him more often but this is over 4 hrs I don't know what gonna do 2 us but I gues this whole prison thing can b crazy anyways hey ladies
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycolumbianboy View Post
Hi everyone, we were transfered here from Soledad last month. I have managed to find my way and get used to this new place with the help of all of you. Yes I was just a looky loo. I have posted a few times here and there. I did post in Soledad site as well. I never got close enough to meet anyone. I did notice this visiting room not as busy but it could be because of the different buildings. I am also new to this world. My honey has been in here for 24 years. He was married for 21 of those. We found each other in 2009 again while I visited his sister-law. I knew him from many years ago and knew of his fatal car accident that gave him a life sentence. He goes to the board this December. We are praying. He is a wonderful man and I am in Love. I found PTO right away and has been a huge help. This is a new world for me but I have so much respect and understanding of all the women and family that have loved ones in this world. I pray God gives you all peace and strength to endure your time in this environment.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-11-2011, 08:12 AM
Heluvedme1st's Avatar
Heluvedme1st Heluvedme1st is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 6,551
Thanks: 1,516
Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,905 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrooperLove View Post
Hi girls, my man just got to satf so ill b around.
Hey Honey and Welcome to CSATF... Looking forward to seeing you around
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-11-2011, 08:23 AM
Heluvedme1st's Avatar
Heluvedme1st Heluvedme1st is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 6,551
Thanks: 1,516
Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,905 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robnancy View Post
My name is Nancy, my boyfriend was my highschool crush. Over the past 25 years, his name would come to mind just wondering what ever happened to him. I was on the internet last year and googled his name thinking maybe he possibly was on a social network, facebook, myspace, etc...what a shock when it brought up his name on an inmate penpal website. Noooo, this could not be the same person. I decided to emaila quick note asking. Two weeks later I got a response. It was him! We exchanged months of letters as friends then I agreed to visit. I'm falling in love with him more with every visit. I would have never envisioned this for me but maybe, and God willing, this is his will. May God bless al
of our luv'd 1's.
Hey Nancy and Welcome to CSATF... Your story is very interesting let's talk about fate... I happy that you found your Friend and you guys are on the road to happiness
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-11-2011, 08:33 AM
Heluvedme1st's Avatar
Heluvedme1st Heluvedme1st is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 6,551
Thanks: 1,516
Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,905 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbitt View Post
Hi,

My son has just been transferred to SAT-F (yesterday), after being in Delano (KVSP) SNY for 5 years. He's been incarcerated since 2001, serving a life sentence.

I'm confused as to why he was transferred to a substance abuse treatment facility, but maybe there's not another SNY for him to go to? He had requested transfer to Mule Creek, but last I heard there were no openings there.

Though I'm used to him being in prison (as "used to" as any mother can ever get, I suppose), it's been a long time since he was transferred anywhere, and I've kind of forgotten the routine. When he went to Delano I remember it was a long time before we could come to visit or before he was able to call home.

Any guesses on how long it takes to get all that settled? I think Delano was a little different, since it was a new/fairly new prison and it seemed like the staff/CO's were all still being trained.

Thanks for any information, and thanks for being here!
Hey Honey and Welcome to CSATF... Hopefully your Son is all settled in by now... The CO are some
But I pay them no mind
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-11-2011, 08:42 AM
Heluvedme1st's Avatar
Heluvedme1st Heluvedme1st is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 6,551
Thanks: 1,516
Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,905 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForgoten1 View Post
hello,

I am new to this prison and I barley found out there is two different forums for each Corcoran lol anyhow I been on PTO since 2005 and in Calipatia since 2006. mu hubby transferd last week. I was so used to were I was at so am kind of sad to have left but hey change can be a good thing.

I have no idea how this prison is run I am kind of lost, what are all the differences in yards and buildings? Thanks ladies for any info =)
Hey Doll and Welcome to CSATF... I did the same thing when we First got here... I did not know there were two Forums or Two Prison so I was active in the other Forum and even tried to visit the other Prison lol... I have been here three years and I feel pretty comfortable but he will be transferring in August so I know what you mean about starting over and meeting new people but you will love it here the people are awesome...
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Friday13th Friday13th is offline
Hold On We're Coming Home
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: San Fernando Valley
Posts: 258
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Hi All!! im not new to this site but new to SATF... I just found my father which i have never met!! (long story) Im writing to him and I hope he writes back. I really want to create a relationship with my father, no matter where he's at in the world.

I would appreciate any Info on E yard... thanks
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Friday13th For This Useful Post:
GoodBI_girl (07-03-2011)
  #37  
Old 05-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Heluvedme1st's Avatar
Heluvedme1st Heluvedme1st is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 6,551
Thanks: 1,516
Thanked 2,970 Times in 1,905 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solosgirl View Post
hi all!! Im not new to this site but new to satf... I just found my father which i have never met!! (long story) im writing to him and i hope he writes back. I really want to create a relationship with my father, no matter where he's at in the world.

I would appreciate any info on e yard... Thanks

hello and welcome to satf... Im glad that you found your dad and i hope that he write you... I hate waiting for the first respond or a respond period for something i really want to know... I wish you the best of luck with your relationship with your father..i dont have any infomation for you about the e yard but im sure someone will come along soon to help you out...
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-24-2011, 08:01 PM
California_Mom's Avatar
California_Mom California_Mom is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southern California, USA
Posts: 996
Thanks: 1,568
Thanked 797 Times in 482 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolosGirl View Post
Hi All!! im not new to this site but new to SATF... I just found my father which i have never met!! (long story) Im writing to him and I hope he writes back. I really want to create a relationship with my father, no matter where he's at in the world.

I would appreciate any Info on E yard... thanks

Hi SolosGirl,
That is wonderful that you found your father! He is so fortunate. Let us know when you hear from him and how it goes.
My son was on E Yard a few years ago, at the time it was a Level 3 SNY yard. I'm sure some of the ladies on here will have more current info that what I have!
Take care, and to SAFT
California_Mom
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-27-2011, 10:09 AM
LnJ's Avatar
LnJ LnJ is offline
waiting...
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 45
Thanks: 12
Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts
Default

I suppose I should have introduced myself here :P oops, well I'll do it again.
My hunny just got moved here from NKSP he's on F which I believe is part of the Substance Abuse portion of the facility...so, hello
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-29-2011, 05:43 PM
California_Mom's Avatar
California_Mom California_Mom is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southern California, USA
Posts: 996
Thanks: 1,568
Thanked 797 Times in 482 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LnJ View Post
I suppose I should have introduced myself here :P oops, well I'll do it again.
My hunny just got moved here from NKSP he's on F which I believe is part of the Substance Abuse portion of the facility...so, hello
LnJ! Thanks for introducing yourself.
California_Mom
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 06-13-2011, 11:43 PM
TnT102012's Avatar
TnT102012 TnT102012 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Oregon, US
Posts: 229
Thanks: 100
Thanked 51 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Hi everyone,
This is my first post, so I hope I dont blow it. :-)
I have been writing to an old boyfriend for a few years now and just the past Saturday decided to become a couple again. It'sa bit scary because he is a lifer, but I haven't been able to get him out of my head these last 25 yrs, so I've decided that if I've loved him this long, I may as well be able to tell him so. :-)
Anyway, I've been reading here for a few weeks and you all are wonderful and I know this will be an amazing place of inspiration.
Here's to new friends.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-07-2011, 09:59 PM
iluvkitties's Avatar
iluvkitties iluvkitties is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: stockton
Posts: 8
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default new to prison talk

Hello Im new to prison talk--but now new to having a loved one in prison. I decided to utilize this site and right now all is new to me. Right now, Im wondering for those who visit loved ones at CSATF are you experiencing delays in getting a confirmation email for a visit. This weekend seems to be so different. I hope to get the email tomorrow. I spoke with someone in visiting on Wednesday and she indicated she had not been given the information to yet to email the confirmations. I also learned that there are two people who do this job. WOW
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-08-2011, 05:48 PM
California_Mom's Avatar
California_Mom California_Mom is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southern California, USA
Posts: 996
Thanks: 1,568
Thanked 797 Times in 482 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnT4ever&always View Post
Hi everyone,
This is my first post, so I hope I dont blow it. :-)
I have been writing to an old boyfriend for a few years now and just the past Saturday decided to become a couple again. It'sa bit scary because he is a lifer, but I haven't been able to get him out of my head these last 25 yrs, so I've decided that if I've loved him this long, I may as well be able to tell him so. :-)
Anyway, I've been reading here for a few weeks and you all are wonderful and I know this will be an amazing place of inspiration.
Here's to new friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvkitties View Post
Hello Im new to prison talk--but now new to having a loved one in prison. I decided to utilize this site and right now all is new to me. Right now, Im wondering for those who visit loved ones at CSATF are you experiencing delays in getting a confirmation email for a visit. This weekend seems to be so different. I hope to get the email tomorrow. I spoke with someone in visiting on Wednesday and she indicated she had not been given the information to yet to email the confirmations. I also learned that there are two people who do this job. WOW

Hi TnT4ever&always congratulation on bcomming a 'couple' and I agree, PTO is an amazing place. First of all someplace to get answers to your questions, and meet others who are going through similar situations.

iluvkitties, welcome to SATF. I don't know about the email confirmation, so I hope you get you've gotten it by now. And at least you were able to talk with someone about it .

Thank you both for introducing yourselves.
California Mom
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to California_Mom For This Useful Post:
iluvkitties (07-08-2011)
  #44  
Old 07-19-2011, 02:19 AM
princessnry princessnry is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: California
Posts: 28
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Hi. My guy and I have been together quite a while. Some misunderstanding happened and we didn't talk for a little minute. He's now here (and we are working things out) and I am waiting on my first phone call. It's been 5 years and I haven't gotten to talk to him..... ever! It's been really hard. He's stuck in Cali and I am far away in Texas. GTL takes forever but I'm patient. I just want to hear his voice. I'm excited to get to know you ladies.
Cyndi
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-22-2011, 06:35 PM
gloriahuang gloriahuang is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry

urgent...
anybody know the Christian Chaplain in SATF? Name ? Phone no?
thanks...
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 09-07-2011, 11:03 AM
kiddloc1986 kiddloc1986 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: California (OC)
Posts: 48
Thanks: 8
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Hey ladies! My bf transferred to CSATF about 3 weeks ago and I finally got to see him on Sunday! Thanks to everyone for your posts in the visiting forum because it really was helpful. He is on C yard, so C yard ladies you will definately be seeing me up there!!
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 09-07-2011, 04:09 PM
TrooperLove's Avatar
TrooperLove TrooperLove is offline
ILovEBanDiT
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Santa Ana,Ca
Posts: 162
Thanks: 25
Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddloc1986
Hey ladies! My bf transferred to CSATF about 3 weeks ago and I finally got to see him on Sunday! Thanks to everyone for your posts in the visiting forum because it really was helpful. He is on C yard, so C yard ladies you will definately be seeing me up there!!
Welcome to CSATF girly. Ill see u around for sure. And if u have any questions just ask us, everyone is sooo helpfful
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TrooperLove For This Useful Post:
kiddloc1986 (09-07-2011)
  #48  
Old 11-07-2011, 01:59 PM
k.ramirez's Avatar
k.ramirez k.ramirez is offline
Hiz Kali Queen
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 565
Thanks: 58
Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
Default

hey girls--


My man just got shipped there from DVI. How long is orientation? what can I send in a writing package. Ugh I'm so confused can some one please help me out!! Oh he's level II and he was just shipped there today Nov 7!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Friends_Forever's Avatar
Friends_Forever Friends_Forever is offline
aka jessesmom90731
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: San Pedro, CA
Posts: 284
Thanks: 76
Thanked 31 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBelow112 View Post
Hi All!! im not new to this site but new to SATF... I just found my father which i have never met!! (long story) Im writing to him and I hope he writes back. I really want to create a relationship with my father, no matter where he's at in the world.

I would appreciate any Info on E yard... thanks

I visit on E yard. What would you like to know.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-06-2011, 06:00 PM
k.ramirez's Avatar
k.ramirez k.ramirez is offline
Hiz Kali Queen
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 565
Thanks: 58
Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
Default

Anyone visiting from up north? I'm from sacramento
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:40 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics