Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Oregon.

Old 08-09-2020, 10:06 PM
LilTaaheani23

Exclamation Two Rivers Correctional Institution: No contact for a week. Worried!

Hi everyone. I'm new here so please bare with me. I'm trying to find ANY information on Two Rivers Correctional Institution in Umitilla, Oregon. I haven't heard from my finance in a little over a week and he NEVER misses our visits & daily phone calls. NEVER. I mean even when he went to the hole for 3 months he had someone call me every day to check in one on me. So zero contact has me extremely worried!!
They are on level 4 quarantine right now so maybe that has something to do with it but if anyone could help a very worried, nervous-nelly out I'd be forever greatful!!

(We had a serious family emergency come up with our daughtrr and he needs to be informed. That's why this is so urgent.)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2020, 03:29 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,980 Times in 13,762 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I hope you hear from him soon. You can try calling the prison and ask the Chaplain to notify your fiance of the family emergency. Here's a link to the Oregon prison forums too,
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=163
Old 08-10-2020, 08:47 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,275 Times in 17,197 Posts

Hi LilTaaheani23 fbopnomore gave some excellent advice to call the facility and ask the Chaplain to notify your fiance of the family emergency. I would also request that the Chaplain ask your fiance to call home. I hope you hear from him soon and I hope your daughter is ok!

Welcome to PTO

FYI: I moved your thread to the Oregon forum

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 08-11-2020, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 9,601 Times in 3,744 Posts

The quarantine in each of the prisons is really a problem for some of the guys. It will vary depending in whether the person is in a dorm or a cell, and how each institution is running their quarantine. My friend at Snake (he's in a dorm) is doing okay with having access to tablets for email and once weekly phone calls. My friends at OSCI can't get on a tablet (they're in cells) and struggle to get to a phone.

Mostly, the Covid lockdowns are keeping people away from communication devices. I would guess that he's fine, but unable to contact you - especially since none of his friends have contacted you, which to me, indicates that no one is able to call.

I hope this sets your mind at rest a little bit. Snail mail works well, and is about as fast as email now that they've changed to CorrLinks.

As for me, I'm *really* missing visitation. Sure, I only went a couple of times a year due to travel distance and time availability on my end, but I do miss it. I've missed all three guys "first part of the year" visits
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
patchouli (08-11-2020)