Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > Other New York Prisons & Jails
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other New York Prisons & Jails This forums is for conversations, discussions and information for all New York Prisons and Jails that do not have a dedicated forum.

Old 09-16-2007, 12:17 PM

Question willard program

my fiancee has an open case right now in suffolk county for the sale of drugs currently its an A1 Felony but he's heard from a lot of inmates he can get into shock for 6 months or the willard program for 90 days. the only catch is the judge has to recommend it. i dont know if any of this is true so if anyone knows how exactly you get accepted into willard please let me know.

thanksss
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Not active-find *********
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,379 Times in 3,006 Posts
Default willard is for parole violators

with a dirty drug-so he won't go there. DOCS decides shock-not the judge-it won't hurt if the Judge recommends shock-but the decision is DOCs and DOCS alone. For shock, he has to have a sentence less than 3 years, NO violence in his past or present convictions, be under 40. It is up to the shock program if they accept him. An A1 felony charge is very serious though-so first get that all straightened out--A! sounds like Max time--and he will not get shock if he is going to a max.

When I was lost--I found PTO. Thank you everyone.

"Pay it forward."
Old 09-16-2007, 02:15 PM

thanks and DA is sayin she'll throw it down to an A2 and give him the 3 years he needs for shock..so theres no guarantee docs will accept him to shock ?
Old 09-17-2007, 08:18 AM
Not active-find *********
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,379 Times in 3,006 Posts
Default no there is no guarantee

he will go to reception and then to Lakeview where they will interview him and decide whther to accept him into Shock. But Shock is very, very hard-so he knows and is prepared.

When I was lost--I found PTO. Thank you everyone.

"Pay it forward."
Old 03-12-2008, 12:58 AM
Banned

Like Momma Ann says only Docs can decide if he is Shock eligible or not. Is this his first offense or second....A1 that is serious. Pray that they drop it down and please dont put your faith in the DA. If he have a lawyer that is great someone need to see if he can get his charges dropped down to a B

Last edited by geneva11798; 03-12-2008 at 01:01 AM..
Old 03-22-2008, 09:24 AM

even if the charge gets dropped down to a B Felony they still look it up what the origanal charge was. Thats what happened to my boyfriend ... they sent him up to SHOCK he had everything ... the right age, the right amount of time needed, no charges besides this one before hand, non-violent, non-sex crime ... you name it he had everything they required. He passed the medical test when they brought him up but then they saw his case and saw it was orignally an A-1 and they denied him SHOCK even though he was charged in the end with a B felony

Old 03-24-2008, 06:06 AM
"WANTED" Justice For All!

I will share what my son went through.. It depends on every single charge he has ever had and if your charges are considered violent.. And that does not mean he actually commited a violent act.

My son went to Lakeview for review...on 3/5/05 Was denied shock due to "circumstances from instant offense and criminal hystery. "

NEVER FORGET THEM!

Old 03-24-2008, 06:08 AM
"WANTED" Justice For All!

I posted to quickly... My son did end up getting willard. He graduated and is home now...

NEVER FORGET THEM!