Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Illinois should be posted here.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:48 AM

Default Is it possible to be on parole and probation at the same time?

I currently received a 4 year sentence and ended up going to boot camp and about a few weeks after I got released the county task force came back to my house to mess with me and said they can search whenever they wanted so they came in and I was still in the process of putting my house back together from them flipping it before I went to boot camp and they found an old razor blade and tested it and charged me with a possession charge. Well I bonded out and have been fighting it for about a year now and my lawyer thinks she can get me probation but I'm just wondering how that will work with me being on parole? Anyone have any knowledge about this?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2015, 01:00 PM
Donation Award 

Yes you can be on probation and parole at the same time.
IDOC has many parolees that are arrested on new charges that they do not issue a warrant for their return to custody. Your parole agent needs to be aware of your new arrest and if you already told them when you were arrested you don't have to worry about your parole being revoked for the new conviction resulting in probation.
I will give you one word of caution, if you violate your probation the judge sentences you to IDOC then your parole term is violated also.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:10 PM

Yes what they said ^^^^^ I've seen this happen as well.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:35 AM

i did notify my p.o. When I was arrested and he didn't do anything. I am just wondering if after I plead guilty and get put on probation if they will then violate me?
Old 10-29-2015, 10:56 AM
Donation Award 

If you are in compliance with your parole conditions and PRB orders, you will not be violated for pleading guilty to a possession charge that results in probation. Now if you are not compliant there is always the possibility of the straw that broke the camels back analogy.
If you are making your phone check ins and making yourself easily available to your agent for face to face contacts...then you should be fine.