Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Illinois should be posted here.

Old 08-26-2016, 01:36 PM

Default If Home Plan is "under investigation" does that mean it will be denied?

My boyfriend is at taylorville and he put in for his parole to be at my house. They told him today it was under investigation. Some people in there told him that ment it would be denied. Has any one had this happen or know what it means?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2013 View Post
My boyfriend is at taylorville and he put in for his parole to be at my house. They told him today it was under investigation. Some people in there told him that ment it would be denied. Has any one had this happen or know what it means?
Keep us posted. Here in NY When our home was under investigation I got a call from parole and a parole officer came to meet me and see outlet home- it was approved. When our home was denied, my bf got a paper saying he was to report to the social service office for housing..FYI we were denied because the parole officer did not want to come and review our home. She wanted to send him to a parole house. Once he was released and reported to parole he requested again to come home. About 2.5 weeks later she came and met me and checked out our home and allowed him to come back home.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:50 PM

See I haven't heard from any kind of parole. He isn't scheduled to be released till March but they say he could get good time and get out much sooner. I really don't see why he would be denied. His conscelor in prison has talked about halfway houses since he got there but I don't see why he would need to go to one
Old 08-26-2016, 09:28 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,254 Times in 1,545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2013 View Post
I don't think it necessarily means that you've been denied. Have you met with the PO yet? If not, they're probably getting ready to check it out.

GO CUBS GO!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2016, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah8705 View Post
I don't think it necessarily means that you've been denied. Have you met with the PO yet? If not, they're probably getting ready to check it out.
No I haven't met or talked to anyone. This is his first time in prison so we don't no anything about it. He's only been there since June but will out by March. They've had him do some paper work on parole and now they said it's under investigation
Old 08-27-2016, 06:27 AM
Donation Award 

Mom2013,
Investigation status means the Field Services Representative at Taylorville put the home plan into the IDOC computer system.

Unless he is ordered by the Prisoner Review Board to be on Electronic Monitoring (a leg bracelet) a parole agent will not need to investigate his home plan.

At this point since he just arrived in June, he has probably not received any PRB orders so the FSR placed the plan into the system as investigation.

If the PRB orders come back and EM is not ordered the FSR will call you or send a letter asking your permission for him to live with you and approve the plan, if EM is ordered the home plan will be assigned to a parole office and an agent will contact you to complete the home investigation.

At this point all you can do is wait to see who contacts you either an agent or the FSR at Taylorville. A plan being in investigation status does not mean it will be denied, the process has to start with an investigation to be approved or denied.

Take Care,
Chris
The Following User Says Thank You to chris idoc For This Useful Post:
trauma4us (08-27-2016)
Old 08-27-2016, 06:29 AM
Donation Award 

Lastly answer all phone calls even from a restricted number as Parole Agents phones in Illinois are preprogramed for restricted calls only.
Old 08-27-2016, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris idoc View Post
Lastly answer all phone calls even from a restricted number as Parole Agents phones in Illinois are preprogramed for restricted calls only.
Thank you so much! I always answer the calls I learned that when he was in county! Even his probation officer would call and it would come up restricted. I didn't answer it the first time so they left a voice mail. This information really helped thank you so much
Old 08-28-2016, 02:03 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,254 Times in 1,545 Posts

Admittedly this is the subject I know the least about since it's one I have yet to experience. This was our first time dealing with the system (and hopefully the last), and when my LO is released, he'll be on probation for 2 years. He'll be living with his parents and they have yet to meet with the PO, but I'm assuming it will be very soon seeing as he comes out in January. All he knows are some of the rules that he'll have and he took this one-day reentry class that I think all inmates have to take when they have approximately 6 months left. My fiancé is also at Taylorville too so anything that he experiences, I'll try to share with everyone. So far, nothing has happened yet, but I hope his parents will get to meet with the PO sooner than later so they'll know if their place is okay for him or if there are any changes that need to be made.

GO CUBS GO!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to blah8705 For This Useful Post:
trauma4us (08-28-2016)