Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Illinois should be posted here.

Old 04-02-2017, 01:39 PM

Default Illinois Work Camps??

I understand work camps and work release are different. My boyfriend is in vandalia he wants to getc into work release but he'll actually have to do his entire time. Whereas what I have found out about work camps is once you get accepted you do 6 months in 66 months out and the rest on parole. Has anyone lo been thru the process how does he apply how do we find out more information about work camps.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2017, 05:59 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,767 Times in 14,241 Posts

I can't answer your questions about Illinois, but I do want to welcome you to PTO

Old 04-02-2017, 06:44 PM
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,973 Times in 1,486 Posts

I have been looking and haven't been able to find much. I hope one of our more experiences Illinois members will be able. to assist you.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:07 PM

Thank you. Yea I've been searching for days and I've found nothing.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:56 PM
Donation Award 

Work camps are secure correctional facilities that have a minimum security clearance. Inmates placed at work camps are not allowed to be in the community working on their own...they may be assigned to a Road Crew that an officer takes out each day to clean up highways and such, but they return to the facility when the assignment is complete.

Work release centers / adult transition centers are stand alone facilities with a minimum security rating. People approved for placement at work release centers will normally have around 24 months remaining on their sentences, be first time offenders with a non-violent conviction. They are encouraged to get jobs and work in the community but they are still classified as an inmate and are not on parole. Hourly checks are completed by staff on each person while in the community working. A portion of their pay goes to the IDOC facility / ATC for housing, a portion is set up in an escrow account for when they parole and they are given roughly 25 percent to spend on their own needs such as clothing and food. The good part is that after I believe 6 months they can apply for a weekend pass to return home for an unsupervised visit.

Below is a link to the Work Release / ATC's IDOC web page.

https://www.illinois.gov/idoc/facili...oncenters.aspx

Take Care Chris

Last edited by chris idoc; 04-04-2017 at 04:07 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to chris idoc For This Useful Post:
IzzyLouWho (04-04-2017)