Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Illinois should be posted here.

Old 01-10-2018, 03:44 PM

Default Parole site requirements

My boyfriend is getting released soon so we are trying to secure my apartment as his parole site. I have a parole agent coming by to inspect my place, but I was wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what exactly theyíre looking for besides the obvious things like no drugs, no alcohol, no weapons.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2018, 03:50 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,335 Times in 14,853 Posts

I'm not understanding how he's transferring parole (Interstate Compact) from Texas to Illinois given that he's your b/f. IC will not approve a transfer unless its to a family member.

Doesn't he have a pv hearing coming up too? Am I just thoroughly confused?

Old 01-10-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
I'm not understanding how he's transferring parole (Interstate Compact) from Texas to Illinois given that he's your b/f. IC will not approve a transfer unless its to a family member.

Doesn't he have a pv hearing coming up too? Am I just thoroughly confused?
Heís currently in IDOC and has a discharge date in March. There is an extremely high chance that Texas is going to extradite him, but he was advised to go ahead and plan for a parole site in Illinois just in case.

Heís been doing everything possible the entire time heís been in IDOC to resolve the cases without having to go to Texas. He successfully had 1 warrant removed, but still has a revocation hearing in Jefferson county. Last week he requested to do a video court appearance to avoid having to go to court in Texas for the hearing since it is now available to inmates so heís waiting to hear back about that.
The Following User Says Thank You to booognish For This Useful Post:
patchouli (01-10-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 04:35 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Yea! That all sounds promising I hope it all works out so he can just come HOME!

You already know the basics (no drugs, alcohol or weapons)...sometimes certain breeds of dogs and/or the dogs size/personality will result in a denial of a Home Placement. I'm sure there are other reasons a denial can happen, perhaps other members will have a few more "do & don't do" ideas.

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
booognish (01-10-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 06:25 PM

The dog thing is helpful! I’m not sure exactly what info she’ll need, but I work at a veterinary clinic so I’ll print out all my animals records tomorrow just in case. They’re all up to date on vaccines, spayed and neutered, and extremely friendly. I’m not too concerned about the breeds— I have a Pomeranian, puggle, and basic ass housecat.
Thank you!
patchouli (01-10-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 07:51 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

They don't ask about vet records, vaccines, and other pet related stuff....mostly the PO will be concerned about making unannounced home visits and being met by a big snarling dog that'll rip his arm off. Sometimes PO's will deny a Home Plan if there is a pitbull and/or other dog(s) that are reputed to be "vicious."

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
booognish (01-10-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 09:02 PM

Thanked 10,965 Times in 5,950 Posts

There is an IDOC employee who posts from time to time and can give better guidance with regard to plans where there is not a release directly back to the community. In this instance, you have indicated extradition is pending. Don't expect that Jefferson County is going to let him waive the appearance on a felony revocation proceeding...at least not unless you have local counsel down there secured. And he won't have anyone appointed until he is in their custody. Felonies are NOT traffic tickets where you can piss away due process by saying you don't want to be there...
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
patchouli (01-11-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
There is an IDOC employee who posts from time to time and can give better guidance with regard to plans where there is not a release directly back to the community. In this instance, you have indicated extradition is pending. Don't expect that Jefferson County is going to let him waive the appearance on a felony revocation proceeding...at least not unless you have local counsel down there secured. And he won't have anyone appointed until he is in their custody. Felonies are NOT traffic tickets where you can piss away due process by saying you don't want to be there...
Him saying he doesnít want to be there isnít the case at all, of course he doesnít want to be in Texas but he isnít using that as an excuse for them not to come get him. He has filed numerous motions and recently submitted one to do a video conference with the judge, because, as I stated above, it is now allowed at his facility.
We are preparing for the worst, but at the same time want to be prepared if that doesnít happen/if he is able to parole to me in March. That is why I was asking for advice on what Illinois parole officers are looking at for parole sites. Iím not super concerned since I literally canít think of one thing wrong with my condo other than the size of it (itty bitty), but I want to make sure there isnít anything I may overlook.
patchouli (01-11-2018)
Old 01-11-2018, 06:35 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

You seem to have a pretty good grasp on the basic restrictions, so don't even sweat the small stuff. By "small stuff" I mean dust bunnies under the bed or a few dirty dishes.

Let us know when you hear something

Old 01-11-2018, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
You seem to have a pretty good grasp on the basic restrictions, so don't even sweat the small stuff. By "small stuff" I mean dust bunnies under the bed or a few dirty dishes.

Let us know when you hear something

heyyy you mentioned interstate compact and how it applies to only family members. I also read if an inmate is a resident of the state they can apply for it, is this true and do they still need a family member?
If they don’t need family, only residency, how can they prove it? We are working on getting his w2s, but are there other ways?
Old 01-12-2018, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by booognish View Post
heyyy you mentioned interstate compact and how it applies to only family members. I also read if an inmate is a resident of the state they can apply for it, is this true and do they still need a family member?
If they donít need family, only residency, how can they prove it? We are working on getting his w2s, but are there other ways?
What were his ties to the State BEFORE absconding from Texas and committing a new felony in Illinois? What family exists in that State?
Old 01-12-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
What were his ties to the State BEFORE absconding from Texas and committing a new felony in Illinois? What family exists in that State?
He lived in Illinois most of his life, but moved to Arizona for a few years then with his sister in Texas. Then he fled Texas for Illinois again and worked here for a few months before he got the felony.
Unfortunately he no longer has family in Illinois
Old 01-12-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
He lived in Illinois most of his life, but moved to Arizona for a few years then with his sister in Texas. Then he fled Texas for Illinois again and worked here for a few months before he got the felony.
Unfortunately he no longer has family in Illinois
I can see that being a problem for a transfer under Compact. He had no ties that were current at the time he chose to commit a felony there. And to have done so WHILE having absconded from Texas is yet another strike. Unless he gave an Illinois address when he was arrested in Texas, I just don't see it meeting ICAOS requirements for acceptance.
Old 01-14-2018, 12:54 PM
Donation Award 

If a parole agent is coming to investigate the condo he is going to be mandated to electronic monitoring, a leg bracelet.

Illinois has a dog law that states any dog must be spayed, neutered and micro chipped where a parolee resides. If the dog is aggressive even neutered and micro chipped the agent can still deny the site. It does not sound like your dogs will be deemed aggressive or vicious.

You will have to sign a host site agreement that basically allows any parole agent to enter your residence at any time to conduct a search of the condo and him. The parole agent will also likely want to check your lease or ownership and or condo rules regarding guest or family members. Unfortunately some housing developments / condo associations forbid felons from residing on property grounds.

The agent will also be looking to see if your condo is a stable environment and if you have any legal issues.

Take Care Chris
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chris idoc For This Useful Post:
booognish (02-27-2018), patchouli (01-14-2018)
Old 02-27-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Heís currently in IDOC and has a discharge date in March. There is an extremely high chance that Texas is going to extradite him, but he was advised to go ahead and plan for a parole site in Illinois just in case.

Heís been doing everything possible the entire time heís been in IDOC to resolve the cases without having to go to Texas. He successfully had 1 warrant removed, but still has a revocation hearing in Jefferson county. Last week he requested to do a video court appearance to avoid having to go to court in Texas for the hearing since it is now available to inmates so heís waiting to hear back about that.
If he has a discharge date that means he has done his parole time and wonít need to fill out parole plans. If it a nationwide warrant he will be going back to Texas
Old 02-27-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmp View Post
If he has a discharge date that means he has done his parole time and wonít need to fill out parole plans. If it a nationwide warrant he will be going back to Texas
He still had to and I was approved, but we found out last week he is being extradited as we expected. Itís likely his probation is going to be reinstated there and hopefully he will still be able to do his Illinois parole at my place. We are figuring this out day by day since he is release from IDOC this Friday. Itís stressful, but hoping it all goes as smoothly as possible.
patchouli (02-27-2018)
Old 02-27-2018, 04:41 PM

Illinios prison system sucks and it not fun being there..Parole officers may seem nice but turn out to be assholes with badges..hope thing work out for the both of you
The Following User Says Thank You to Tmp For This Useful Post:
booognish (02-27-2018)