Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Illinois should be posted here.

Old 10-09-2015, 02:34 PM

Default Parole Violation / Parole done 12/12/15 is he staying till parole done?

My fiance did 18 months in prison (Stateville) in 2013-2014 He came out on parole on 12/12/14, and they gave him a year of parole which ends this 12/12/15. He got arrested and had a warrant from IDOC because he violated his parole on 10/03 so he is now in Northern Reception and hasn't called me at all...Since his parole is done on 12/12/15 is he staying in there till his parole is over? Someone told me that he might just do half of the time he has left on parole.

he violated his parole on 9/27 but I bonded him out. Do you guys think he can get out after he is done with parole and then fight his cases out here since he was bonded out? or is he going to stay in there?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,960 Times in 11,669 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. The sentence he will face is up to his judge, so the answer to your question will just be a guess. I hope it is a lenient one.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:03 AM
Donation Award 

He will be scheduled to see the Prisoner Review Board (PRB) which normally happens within 30 days of return to custody on an IDOC warrant. The PRB will determine if he is a parole violator and or weather he should be released. If he is declared a parole violator and not released then he will owe 50% of the time from when the warrant was issued until his discharge date. Parole violators get day for day on the remainder of their parole time while in custody. If the arrest was for any domestic violence related issue, chances are the PRB will declare him a violator and not release him back onto parole.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:30 AM

I'm sorry you are having to deal with the system again. My best advice (learned the hard way) is to hope for the best but prepare for the worst. My husband has pounded that in my head after getting let down time and time again.
Much luck to you!!
Old 10-14-2015, 03:03 PM

[quote=chris idoc;7480451]

Okay thank you !!! That is what I thought would happen, but everyone keeps telling me different things. Then he would only be doing 1 month and 1 week, since his parole discharge date is 12/12/15. They cannot keep him in there longer if he caught new cases and he was bonded out?
Old 10-15-2015, 12:09 PM
Donation Award 

If he waived his preliminary hearing when he was served his parole violation report then he should be released shortly after seeing the PRB. If he requested a hearing then it can delay seeing the PRB for up to 30 days. In his case all he needs to do is see the PRB so he can start earning his day for day while in custody. He will not earn day for day while waiting to see the PRB unless they grant him time served which is at their discretion.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris idoc View Post
If he waived his preliminary hearing when he was served his parole violation report then he should be released shortly after seeing the PRB. If he requested a hearing then it can delay seeing the PRB for up to 30 days. In his case all he needs to do is see the PRB so he can start earning his day for day while in custody. He will not earn day for day while waiting to see the PRB unless they grant him time served which is at their discretion.

So they moved him to Western Illinois Correctional in Mount Sterling, and he told me that he is going to see the Parole Board on November 25th. He told me that he would most definitely be out that day or the next day since he would already have served more then the 50% of the time he had left on parole in there.