Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Illinois should be posted here.

Old 11-08-2015, 09:58 PM

Default Dropped dv charge, parole violation and jail credit?

MY loved one was arrested for a dv charge which later on was dismissed, he did serve 72 days in county before he was sent to IDOC to see the parole board, he has been in idoc since the end of september he is due to see the parole board in the next week or two, my question is what are the chances of his parole not getting violated? he gets off parole in april so if he did get violated would he get credit for the time he sat in county and the time he sat in idoc waiting to see the parole board? im trying to figure all of this out that way he has some peace in his mind because he is really anxious that he wont get credit for the time he served. and if he doesnt would he have to stay the entire time of his parole or would it be cut in half? i know its better to just wait and see what the parole board says but i just would like to know something before that time gets here that way i will know what to be expecting.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2015, 10:12 PM

Thanked 11,061 Times in 5,992 Posts

what was the reason for dismissal?

Remember also that a conviction is not required to prove up a violation for revocation purposes. The arrest report, properly authenticated, can be sufficient as could the State bringing in the officers.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:19 PM

when i talked to him last he said there wasnt any evidence that he committed a domestic crime, the reason he was arrested was because when the police showed up to the scene he got very irate and got in an argument with the police officer and called him names etc.. and the police officer arrested him, that's what he told me.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovemyJamie1 View Post
when i talked to him last he said there wasnt any evidence that he committed a domestic crime, the reason he was arrested was because when the police showed up to the scene he got very irate and got in an argument with the police officer and called him names etc.. and the police officer arrested him, that's what he told me.
There are are certainly other offenses that can be alleged in the revocation hearing...if he is continued, then expect requirements for things like anger management classes.
Old 11-09-2015, 09:12 AM

another question he was arrested at his home, the victim doesn't live there it was his place would he still be able to go back home to his place?
Old 11-10-2015, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovemyJamie1 View Post
another question he was arrested at his home, the victim doesn't live there it was his place would he still be able to go back home to his place?
If there are no residents there that were named in the offense report or who have been a victim of any prior conduct, then one would presume that he could be returned to live there.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:01 PM
Donation Award 

If the charges were dropped, which is normally the case when the victim refuses to cooperate with the states attorney's office...then the Parole Board could declare him a violator and resume parole or revoke his parole. It is the Parole Boards sole discretion if they want to grant time served in county or IDOC prior to seeing them. Normally if a parolee is declared a violator and resumed to parole supervision no credit is given for the time spent in IDOC or the County Jail. If he is declared a violator and supervision is revoked then he will earn day for day credit from the hearing date to his discharge date in April 2016. If he is resumed to parole and the victim does not live or frequent the host site then he should be able to return, the Parole Board of the Supervising Agent will mandate No Contact with the Victim through any means, phone, social media or third parties.