Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Illinois should be posted here.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:22 PM

Default Parole in Illinois

So my husband has been out of prison now 2 years. He has been on parole in the state of NY. I live in Illinois and we are just tired of the back and forth and have been playing with the idea of him coming here instead of me moving there. He has a good situation there in regards to parole and I really don't think he wants to leave NY while he is still on. The problem is he has another 3 years and we can't continue to live separately. I need and want my husband. My question is this. Does anyone have any information on how things work out here? Anything or experience that can be shared would be awesome.

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2016, 04:28 PM
Donation Award 

Okay, parole is like life...some people you meet you like and some that you meet you don't like. If he is doing everything right and has a good relationship with his current reporting officer in New York, it could be the same in Illinois or he might not get along with his Illinois agent. Some agents are harder to get along with that others, but most have a pretty high caseload around 100 and spend 80% of their time dealing with 20% of their caseload that are not complying with their parole.
Illinois still has a high recidivism rate due to new arrest but in actuality very few are returned or violated for technical violations other than sex offenders.
Basically, it is a crap shoot and depends on the relationship that he would build with his new parole agent in Illinois.
I am not sure about New York but many states are submitting parolees for early discharge based on good behavior, so he should inquire if he is eligible under NY Guidelines.
Take Care Chris
Old 08-10-2016, 05:27 PM

Thank you so much! I need need to figure out where the guidelines are listed and forms to fill out. Need to get this going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris idoc View Post
Okay, parole is like life...some people you meet you like and some that you meet you don't like. If he is doing everything right and has a good relationship with his current reporting officer in New York, it could be the same in Illinois or he might not get along with his Illinois agent. Some agents are harder to get along with that others, but most have a pretty high caseload around 100 and spend 80% of their time dealing with 20% of their caseload that are not complying with their parole.
Illinois still has a high recidivism rate due to new arrest but in actuality very few are returned or violated for technical violations other than sex offenders.
Basically, it is a crap shoot and depends on the relationship that he would build with his new parole agent in Illinois.
I am not sure about New York but many states are submitting parolees for early discharge based on good behavior, so he should inquire if he is eligible under NY Guidelines.
Take Care Chris
Old 08-10-2016, 05:39 PM

Default Parole transfer to Illinois

Hello

I'm hoping someone who has some experience with the parole system in Illinois can help with this question.
I've been online and I'm having trouble locating the regulations and any forms that I need to fill out to request that my husband come to Illinois. I know he has to speak to parole where he is but what is it that needs to be done on my part and where can I find this information?

Thank you!
Old 08-10-2016, 05:47 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,216 Times in 15,238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyhim View Post
Hello

I'm hoping someone who has some experience with the parole system in Illinois can help with this question.
I've been online and I'm having trouble locating the regulations and any forms that I need to fill out to request that my husband come to Illinois. I know he has to speak to parole where he is but what is it that needs to be done on my part and where can I find this information?

Thank you!
As I understand it, HE has to initiate the process through his PO. Its his parole, his responsibility. There is nothing that you can do other than say yes if asked if its ok if he moves to your address.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 08-11-2016, 05:02 AM
Donation Award 

Patchouli is correct, your husband is the only one that can initiate the Interstate Compact Process with his parole agent in NY. The process takes 3-4 months for approval as there is quite a bit of information that has to be gathered in order to submit the transfer request. Below is a link to the US / National PT Probation Parole Forum which has an Interstate Compact Discussion Board.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52

Take Care Chris
The Following User Says Thank You to chris idoc For This Useful Post:
patchouli (08-11-2016)