Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WASHINGTON > Washington Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Washington Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics & Discussions relating to prison & jail visitation, phones, packages & mail.

Old 05-05-2020, 08:43 AM

Default I'm cheating - Quarterly Package Questions

Hi all,

Sorry if the answers to my questions are buried in the forum already. I actually did look, but I couldn't find any good or recent information.

Tomorrow starts ordering for the Summer packages in WA. I haven't done a package before and I'm only familiar with other state programs where you buy a pre-determined assortment of items.

Based off of what I found in the forum it appears that WA packages are more a shopping list and if you want to get your loved one 20 packages of coffee and 1 honey bun you can customize your order. (Within reason....20lbs package limit.)

Do I need to be getting a list from my loved one in order to go shopping? Or do I have a completely wrong impression of how their program works? lol

Many thanks in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to luckyme_in For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-05-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2020, 09:54 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 24,081 Times in 13,808 Posts

I found a thread about Union Supply packages for Washington prisons. I've never sent one myself, so I can't answer your other questions.

According to union supply
Union Supply Direct services the following states:
Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Washington, Wisconsin.

Use the Quarterly Program Catalog to send food packages and holiday packages during designated order dates. Orders can be placed online, by phone, fax or mail.

2020:
Spring Quarter – February 12th through March 19th
Summer Quarter – May 6th through June 11th
Fall Quarter – August 5th through September 10th
Winter Quarter/Holiday – October 28th through December 3rd

https://www.wainmatepackage.com/Home.aspx
Old 05-05-2020, 02:22 PM
If everyone cared!
Donation Award 

They have printed catalogs inside the prisons and they can customize a list of the items they want and give it to you to place the order or you can also just make the selections for them and purchase the package.

My opinion is that you ask the person receiving the package what they would like to order, keep in mind some items like coffee they can easily get through the prison store and they might want to take advantage of this package to get things that they don’t have on a regular basis.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gallega1211 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-05-2020), luckyme_in (05-05-2020)
Old 05-05-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallega1211 View Post
They have printed catalogs inside the prisons and they can customize a list of the items they want and give it to you to place the order or you can also just make the selections for them and purchase the package.

My opinion is that you ask the person receiving the package what they would like to order, keep in mind some items like coffee they can easily get through the prison store and they might want to take advantage of this package to get things that they don’t have on a regular basis.
Awesome. Thanks for the heads-up on the store...I was planning to ask for a list and hadn't thought about some things being available everyday.
The Following User Says Thank You to luckyme_in For This Useful Post:
gallega1211 (05-05-2020)
Old 05-06-2020, 07:32 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 33,000 Times in 16,490 Posts

Yep. As others have said, you *shop*
Dont worry about going over the limits.......the website will tell you when you do, if you do.
I used to order things hub couldnt get inside. Like soap (good soap) laundry soap (yes....he wanted to wash his own clothes so he knew the ones he got were his)
I also ordered things like underware, shoes (he wanted sneakers), very warm socks, long underware to keep warm in winter, stuff like that.
There are lots of food items you can order for them.

There was in CA a spot for a *special order* which includes things like radios, tv's, music. I forget now how many of those they can get but they are not counted toward his quarterly package.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-06-2020), GingerM (05-06-2020), luckyme_in (05-10-2020)