Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MINNESOTA > Minnesota Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Minnesota Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Minnesota prison & jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 06-10-2020, 07:09 PM

Default When will inmate in Oak Park Heights receive my Email?

Hi guys
My name is Tracie I'm from the UK I'm new here

On Monday night close to midnight (8th of june) I sent my first Jpay email to an inmate at Oak Park Heights facility

I was wondering when do you think the inmate will receive my Email? It doesn't tell you wether they receive it or not and I keep reading different things some ppl saying they can get the email instantly others saying can take a few days, I wish there was a way of knowing they received it,

Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2020, 07:36 PM

It usually takes like 2 hours for them to get it has to be reviewed before he can get it a video or picture is usually longer he will get it when he logs onto the kiosk
The Following User Says Thank You to ambermarshall11 For This Useful Post:
Tracielouise85 (06-11-2020)
Old 06-11-2020, 11:16 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 12,217 Times in 5,109 Posts

All docs are different I know that it can take between a couple of hours and several days for a jpay to be received by the inmate. It can take longer if he is in the shu or in restriction. I believe inmates have to sync their tablets on the kiosk so if they are lock down it can take longer. I am sure you will hear back from him.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Tracielouise85 (06-11-2020)
Old 06-11-2020, 12:40 PM

Thankyou, yes I tried seeing if I could get a tablet for him but says it's unavailable to him no idea why, just hope he gets it soon I'm getting worried that he's either not got it or he has and doesn't wanna reply to me lol😭
Old 06-11-2020, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 View Post
It usually takes like 2 hours for them to get it has to be reviewed before he can get it a video or picture is usually longer he will get it when he logs onto the kiosk
Thankyou for your help I really hope he gets it
Old 06-11-2020, 02:24 PM

Oak park heights is the highest security prison in Minnesota. They are frequently on lock down if your loved one doesnt have a tablet he will have to use the kiosk and he may not be able to do so if they are on lock down. I am sure he will get it.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
Old 06-11-2020, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracielouise85 View Post
Thankyou for your help I really hope he gets it
No problem im sure he will i get like that to when mine don't email me back after i write him sometimes it takes a while for him to get especially if the mail room is busy and all that good stuff if he doesn't have a tablet he can email you on kiosk but can't download pics or videos
Old 06-13-2020, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 View Post
No problem im sure he will i get like that to when mine don't email me back after i write him sometimes it takes a while for him to get especially if the mail room is busy and all that good stuff if he doesn't have a tablet he can email you on kiosk but can't download pics or videos
I just looked to try and see if I could fund media for him it turns out he hasn't got an account but yet his name is there and let's me email him? So will he still get the emails just as letters?
Old 06-14-2020, 03:44 AM

Hi yes the facility will print the JPay off and give it to him as if it was a letter.

Old 06-14-2020, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
Hi yes the facility will print the JPay off and give it to him as if it was a letter.
Thankyou so much for the help
maytayah (06-14-2020)