Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Missouri that do not fit into any other Missouri sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-27-2019, 06:15 AM

Question Need help in writing appeal letter for visitation

Hi I was denied visitation with my fiancee. He is incarcerated at Algoa Correctional Center. I live in California and he's in Missouri and was given a 15 year sentence. I filled out the form and received a letter back stating it is not in the best interest of the offenders rehabilitation. I myself had been arrested for receiving stolen property which were crates from behind CVS I was using to pack things due to me moving. I did jail time and formal probation for 3 years which was in 2011. I then was arrested for under the influence put on 3 yrs informal probation only in 2012. I have not been in any other trouble since.His charges are drug related, driving without license. I can only visit him maybe 2 or 3 times a year. I'm thinking of moving out that way but not for a while. Can someone please help me or explain to me why I can't visit and help me write an appeal letter. He's been in 10 months now and I kiss him dearly. I would really appreciate any help
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2019, 08:55 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,063 Times in 12,741 Posts

Write to the warden explaining why it is in the best interest of the offender's rehabilitation for him to receive visits (is yours the only one? If so say that) from his fiance. Be sure to mention that you are not on parole or probation. If the decision isn't approved the first time, be sure to apply for visits again after some time has passed. It can be a process, but some folks have had to apply more than once to finally be approved.
Old 05-27-2019, 01:58 PM

Yes I'm the only one. Actually the caseworker had called me and asked if I was on probation or parole and I told him I wasn't which I'm not. I'm not good in wording my words that's why I was asking for an example. Thank you for your response
The Following User Says Thank You to Snooks61 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-27-2019)
Old 05-27-2019, 04:22 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,063 Times in 12,741 Posts

Here's a link to sample letters to the parole board for some ideas. My advice is to limit your letters to the visitation/rehabilitation issues.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=658065
Old 05-27-2019, 05:19 PM

Ok thank you. I'm going to go on link. Wish me luck I miss him so much
The Following User Says Thank You to Snooks61 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-28-2019)