Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 10-15-2019, 10:21 AM

Default Contact Visit at Estelle

I was told by other wives/GF that you can get a contact visit every 6 months if your consistent with visits (which I am, I go atleast every 2 weeks) He submitted the I-60 about 2 weeks ago and never heard anything back. I have already visited him once since he submitted it and I plan on going this weekend and the following, but does anyone know how long it will take to get it approved? and will they notify him or do I have to ask when I check in?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2019, 12:48 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,137 Times in 638 Posts

Are you not married? Family?
Old 11-07-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyInTexas View Post
Are you not married? Family?

No we are not.
Old 11-07-2019, 04:49 PM
TDCJ hand

Thanked 1,396 Times in 764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayleem13 View Post
I was told by other wives/GF that you can get a contact visit every 6 months if your consistent with visits (which I am, I go atleast every 2 weeks) He submitted the I-60 about 2 weeks ago and never heard anything back. I have already visited him once since he submitted it and I plan on going this weekend and the following, but does anyone know how long it will take to get it approved? and will they notify him or do I have to ask when I check in?
Generally, if you are the only one that visits on a regular basis you can be approved for contact.
The Following User Says Thank You to TDCJ hand For This Useful Post:
David (11-07-2019)
Old 11-07-2019, 05:22 PM

We can only have contact at the beginning and end of the visit. (Although we get a few feels in during the visit and pic time).
Sometimes the C.Os say something, Sometimes they don't.
Old 11-09-2019, 05:25 AM

When my husband was at Estelle and we were still engaged he submitted a request to be granted contact visits however the person who “interviewed” him about the request denied it.

I had a consistent visitation history for years and years, and as often as every weekend for the few months prior.

I would still try!! There are others that we have heard have success with the request. It comes down to who is the one who will review and make the decision. And there has been a lot of change in people in charge so that person may not even be there anymore.

We ended up getting married not long after so we did not try to request again but I wouldn’t discourage you from that either if they say no the first time around.

Best of luck!!