Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > IDAHO Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

IDAHO Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Idaho - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, etc.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:40 AM

Default North Idaho Correctional Institute Questions

My husband is incarcerated in NCIC....I need info about the living conditions here. I'm worried sick. I hear it is a boot camp type setting. That the inmates wear "military uniforms" and all have matching haircuts. What exactly is a bootcamp type setting. What is their daily routine? How much free time are the allowed? In the cell, to read, write letters, etc. What time are they awakened and what time is lights out. I'm so worried about my husband. He has ADHD, and I can't imagine him being locked up without going crazy. I'm afraid he might become angry and act out. Please describe the cell situation. How many prisoners to a cell, etc.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2011, 07:33 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 24,438 Times in 12,655 Posts

Im not familiar with NCIC, where is that located?
Is it a federal prison? or Military?

Or is it in North Idaho? Cottonwood?

That's my dog's nose art

Last edited by sidewalker; 01-10-2011 at 07:39 AM..
Old 05-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Davids Mom

my 20 yr old son just got moved there just last week(may). i would like to know the same things.. i'm scared and so worried
Old 06-07-2011, 06:12 AM
Davids Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtlilcajunbrat View Post
My husband is incarcerated in NCIC....I need info about the living conditions here. I'm worried sick. I hear it is a boot camp type setting. That the inmates wear "military uniforms" and all have matching haircuts. What exactly is a bootcamp type setting. What is their daily routine? How much free time are the allowed? In the cell, to read, write letters, etc. What time are they awakened and what time is lights out. I'm so worried about my husband. He has ADHD, and I can't imagine him being locked up without going crazy. I'm afraid he might become angry and act out. Please describe the cell situation. How many prisoners to a cell, etc.
i got my 1st letter from my son since he got moved there.. he says its not bad at all. he says ur not locked up in ur unit all day. he attends classes 4 days a week. he says they just don't let you lay around.. keeps them very busy..i was worried sick bcuz of everything i was told but now i know my son is ok and will be coming home around sept not next april..
Old 09-17-2011, 08:05 PM

so, is he home now? Anyone else with a loved one at NICI TC?
Old 09-20-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISTYblueyes View Post
i got my 1st letter from my son since he got moved there.. he says its not bad at all. he says ur not locked up in ur unit all day. he attends classes 4 days a week. he says they just don't let you lay around.. keeps them very busy..i was worried sick bcuz of everything i was told but now i know my son is ok and will be coming home around sept not next april..

From May to September? Really? I was under the impression that it is a 9 month program and so is my husband who is there now. We have heard rumors but that is it. Can you enlighten me? Please?
Old 09-21-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ava02002 View Post
I visited my boyfriend at nici last saturday. It was so good to see him. He is there doing a 90 day rider. The place isn't bad. It is boot camp setting somewhat. They are in units. Mine in unit 4. They go to class , have group counseling, ect. The guards , most of them are very nice and very layed back. Visiting is very layed back also. Suppose to be a hug and closed lip kiss when you see them and when you leave. You hold hands across lunch room style table. The 2 guards that were there when i visited were awsome. We hugged several times and slipped tongue. lol! There is vending machines for pop and snacks. Bring quarters , no paper money. Also games and cards to play if you want. Compared to county jail, this place is great! Other than being stuck there. My guy should be home in a couple weeks.
The Following User Says Thank You to wvlover For This Useful Post:
breesky33 (09-21-2011)
Old 09-21-2011, 10:32 PM
Account Closed

My man is going there for a 6month rider program. He is still in county though right now which fuckin sucks but oh well. theres this calling service though that cost like 1.25 per call if you hook it up which is cool because I <3 to talk on the phone haha so I am looking forward to that and being able to kiss him and hug him. How long is your man going to be there?
Old 09-22-2011, 01:16 PM

The calls are closer to $3.59 (not counting the $6 fee) if you are in state. If you are out of state it is a connect charge plus a per minute fee. It is actually cheaper to accept the calls collect. If you sign up with their service you are locked in and cannot get collect calls any more. You have to pay $25 or more each time you make a payment and on top of your payment there is a $6 fee, so figure on paying no less than $31 each time you put money on the account. It is PCS Daily Dial but unless you have to because you have a cell or something I would advise against it.
So your man has not processed through the Boise State Department of Corrections at the Boise Pen yet? He will be looking at about two weeks there being assessed and classified for an official decision on where he is going to be made.
They can keep you until the end of your retained jurisdiction. He arrived 08/06 and his program is nine months but again getting out any earlier than the end of your retained jurisdiction is getting out early. So, no later than July 12 of next year.
We did this once before about 8 years ago. It is not a bad place, the biggest thing is keeping a good attitude and cooperating with your "family". That will make sense later. At the beginning and end of each visit you are allowed a brief hug and closed mouth kiss. You sit across tables from each other and visit. You can hold hands but only your hands can touch during the visit. You are allowed to bring change for the vending machines so you can both have candy and soda. During the winter they get a lot of snow and it gets really cold but they allow you to dress warmer during the winter for visits. go to idoc.idaho.gov/content/locations/prisons/north_idaho_correctional_institution for more information. Mine is in housing unit 3. I am assuming that unless he is there for TC he will not be in the same housing unit. They are not housed in cells. For visits they have games and cards you can play. This is very relaxed and if he has to do time probably one of the better places he could ask for.
I hope this information is helpfull. Please keep in touch.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:57 AM

Holy cow,! That's horrible! So out of all that money I wonder his much the state gets???

Old 09-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyaway View Post
The calls are closer to $3.59 (not counting the $6 fee) if you are in state. If you are out of state it is a connect charge plus a per minute fee. It is actually cheaper to accept the calls collect. If you sign up with their service you are locked in and cannot get collect calls any more. You have to pay $25 or more each time you make a payment and on top of your payment there is a $6 fee, so figure on paying no less than $31 each time you put money on the account. It is PCS Daily Dial but unless you have to because you have a cell or something I would advise against it.
So your man has not processed through the Boise State Department of Corrections at the Boise Pen yet? He will be looking at about two weeks there being assessed and classified for an official decision on where he is going to be made.
They can keep you until the end of your retained jurisdiction. He arrived 08/06 and his program is nine months but again getting out any earlier than the end of your retained jurisdiction is getting out early. So, no later than July 12 of next year.
We did this once before about 8 years ago. It is not a bad place, the biggest thing is keeping a good attitude and cooperating with your "family". That will make sense later. At the beginning and end of each visit you are allowed a brief hug and closed mouth kiss. You sit across tables from each other and visit. You can hold hands but only your hands can touch during the visit. You are allowed to bring change for the vending machines so you can both have candy and soda. During the winter they get a lot of snow and it gets really cold but they allow you to dress warmer during the winter for visits. go to idoc.idaho.gov/content/locations/prisons/north_idaho_correctional_institution for more information. Mine is in housing unit 3. I am assuming that unless he is there for TC he will not be in the same housing unit. They are not housed in cells. For visits they have games and cards you can play. This is very relaxed and if he has to do time probably one of the better places he could ask for.
I hope this information is helpfull. Please keep in touch.

if you use a website called conscallhome or inmates call home somthing like that i heard it is 1.25 per call (if its local)

Last edited by breesky33; 09-28-2011 at 04:24 PM..
Old 09-28-2011, 04:41 PM

let me make myself a little clearer. It is not a $6 fee per call. You can only buy $25 worth of time at a time and there is a $6 fee for every call you make. So it is still cheaper to go straight collect (collect is only a few cents more expensive). Out of state I looked into it for my hubby to call him mom and a call would be nearly $20 for half an hour. Yeah they don't make it easy. Thank gooness stamps are cheap, right.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by breesky33 View Post
if you use a website called conscallhome or inmates call home somthing like that i heard it is 1.25 per call (if its local)
from IDOC
Phone Services

Phones at ISCI's Reception and Diagnostic Unit

The inmate phone service provider is Global Tel Link (GTL).
All calls are 30 minutes except at Idaho Maximum Security Institution, which allows 45 minutes. There are no calling cards. Calls are either debit (through the commissary provider) or prepaid collect calls set up by family and friends.
The rates are as follows:
DEBIT
Local and intrastate calls $3.40
Interstate and Canada calls $3.40
International $5 setup and $1 per minute plus tax (debit only)
PREPAID COLLECT
Local and intrastate calls $3.60 plus tax
Interstate and Canada calls $3.60 set up $.80 per minute, plus tax
COLLECT
Local and intrastate calls $3.80 plus tax
Interstate and Canada calls $3.80 set up $.85 per minute, plus tax
Note: The inmate can make debit calls by purchasing time through the inmate commissary provider.
Prepaid collect accounts can be set up by family and friends directly through GTL by calling the customer service number: 1-888-288-9879,
Old 09-28-2011, 05:06 PM

oh yeah I just looked up the conscall home. If you are out of state and incurring a per minute charge they can help as they set you up with a number that is like a calling card it makes your number local to the facility. So if you are out of state it might be worth looking into. If you search it on here there are others who used it. Unfortunatly it does not look like it will help if you are already in state call. Can't wait to hear how it works for you, I"m super curious about the program.
Old 11-19-2011, 09:19 AM

Does anyone know about the MP3 program? it shows for IDC Boise but if I order it online will it get to him out there?
Old 12-15-2011, 02:29 PM

I believe so. Even ordering commessary items online it only allows you to order for Idaho Department of Corrections as a whole. I have done that for the first time the other day. It appears that it is then routed based on the inmate number. I am assuming the MP3 program works the same. I believe it will require that you give his IDOC number and as long as they have that they should know who it is for and where it needs to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ailina View Post
Does anyone know about the MP3 program? it shows for IDC Boise but if I order it online will it get to him out there?
Old 01-29-2012, 09:59 AM

Does anyone know the correct address to send a money order too? A friend of mine is at NICI and he told me not to send the money order directly to the facility, but to another address. When I look online it doesn't give me any information about another address to send the money too. Can someone please help me?
Old 01-31-2012, 05:05 PM

you send money orders to the exact same address you would send a letter to the inmate. they go through all the mail so they take the money order out and let the inmate know it arrived. We have been doing this every other week since August and have had no problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to flyaway For This Useful Post:
_ladyk (01-31-2012)
Old 10-01-2014, 12:21 PM

First Line: Name of Institution
Second line: Name of offender followed by his/her inmate number
Third Line: Offender's housing unit
This is followed by the rest of institution's mailing address.

Sending Money to Offenders

Money orders sent to offenders should be sent to the facility where the offender is located with a few exceptions. Deposits for offenders at community work centers and at Pocatello Women’s Correctional Center should be sent to Central Office Offender Accounts. Send money orders or cashier’s checks. Personal checks and cash will not be accepted and it is unwise to send cash in the mail. The money order should include the following information: the offender's first and last name, the offender's number, the institution and housing unit where the offender is located, plus the name and address of the remitter. Remember to sign the money order or cashier’s check. All money received is placed on the offender's account within 24 hours, during normal working days, after receiving the funds. We recommend sending a cashier’s check for amounts of $500.00 or greater. No cash or personal checks are allowed.
Old 08-19-2016, 08:06 PM

I have a friend that is getting out of Cottonwood in a few weeks and I want to kick him some money before he gets out. Does anyone know if you get to keep the money on your books when you get out? I don't want him to be stuck with money he can't spend and can't take with him. I sure a shit don't want a penny to go back to the system....
Old 08-20-2016, 09:51 AM
Ex-Prisoner & ACLU Intern
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,718 Times in 696 Posts

Yes, any balance left on a prisoner's account will be converted into a check which the prisoner will get issued upon final release.