Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > VIRGINIA > Virginia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Virginia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Virginia should be posted here.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:07 AM

Default Parole and good time is messed up in Virginia

yes I need some resources on some things we have contacted Richmond over and over for months about getting my husband parole date and good time back and also get him transfer to another prison then where he is at and the way that prison is ran up there they stay more on lock down then they do out and he is suppose to be at a level 1 not a level 2 and we are looking for a advocate for him to help him get this straight instead of getting the run of around through Richmond
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2015, 12:47 PM

Default Parole info

Hi there. I'm really sorry to hear you're having a lot of problems. Is your husband close to his parole date and originally from Richmond?
Old 12-13-2015, 12:24 PM

I am confused good time is strictly for those who were convicted after 1995, there are equivalent for parole but not called good time. As for moving, there are certain offenses that will never see a level one facility. Sex offense is one example, the lowest an inmate can go is a level two. Not sure of the offense but that couled be the problem. As far as the good time, several things would affect that such as going to required classes and conduct.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:19 PM

Default Good Time and Mandatory Sentences

Does anyone have someone that is in on a mandatory sentence? If so, do they get time off for good behavior? One attorney Website says they do, but most of them say you do not. I have done some research and cannot find a definitive answer.