Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 06-16-2018, 05:19 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,696 Times in 14,451 Posts

Im sorry to hear that Apeespee33. Did HR say it was because you didnt disclose that info? Im curious now if you dont mind answering.

That's my dog's nose art

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2018, 09:25 AM

Why would you want to be a cop? There is to much corruption in that field.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimimi For This Useful Post:
xolady (06-16-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 10:27 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,401 Times in 6,961 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdalineNChris View Post
Never Said I Can Predict The Future ! I Trust My Husband When He Tells Me I Don't Ever Or Will Come Back To This Place Again , This Is My Wake Up Call ! ! This Isn't My Life Style Or For Me , , I Know That Means He Won't Do Or Look For Anything That Will Get Him Lock Up Again .....To Be Honest As Long As Their Not Talking About My Husband I Can Keep My Month Shut/Ignore It/Handle The Inevitable .
I meant "you" in the generic sense, as in none of us can. I think what you're counting on is him keeping his nose clean, and that's fantastic. I have the same high expectation for my LO when he's released. What we can't control is the slippery slope that is parole. A simple error could land him back with a PV. Recidivism rates are high and don't reflect how many people are back on a serious vs. procedural PV. I heard once, "With some degree of certainty, you can guarantee that you will never commit a crime. But you can't say with any certainty that you will never be accused of one." And that is very much the position our husbands are in. They are felons and that, by default, moves them up the list of suspects. Being in the wrong place at the wrong time does happen and with a felony under your (generic) belt, that can mean trouble.

I hope that you pursue your career goals with realistic expectations and perhaps attend a hiring event, even in another town/jurisdiction. Ask questions, lots of them. Get a feel for the culture and decide if it's right for you. Personally, I think there are good LEO and bad LEO just like all agencies. Knowing what I know from the criminal side would make it very difficult for me to work in a department allowing bad LEO to exist because a snide and unnecessary comment about anyone in custody is a comment about my husband, or yours. I wouldn't last long for that reason.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
AdalineNChris (06-20-2018), Sarianna (06-16-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 11:59 AM

Thanked 5,960 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdalineNChris View Post
'Your Doubt Is Wrong 😊 I Went Down To My City Poilce Station Explain Everything Ask Questions I Got My Answer I Was Looking For But Thank You For Your Info ! And That's Your Opinion/How You Think And See It But Anywho Thanks Again
I don't know where you live but generally you must pass a psych exam, and by that I mean a 3-4 hour question and answer exam by a licensed psychiatrist. That's after going thru all the schooling. Anyone can get into the police academy not everyone who completes it can get a job. You might but I wouldn't count on it.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apeespee33 View Post
Be positive I was. I previously worked in Law Enforcement as a investigator for 8 years. It was not a issue when I was hired as it was never brought up or asked whom I was married to. However when my husband paroled his parole officer questioned what I did for a living. He contacted my employer and told them I was married to a parolee. He did a home visit Wednesday I was let go by Friday. My job gave no real reason on record. But one the investigators told me his parole officer felt it was a conflict of interest. Best bet is to contact the Human Resource department to confirm what the policy is off record of course. Good luck. I have several degrees in Criminal Justice but the issue becomes a problem when they do the back ground
Investigations.
I Am Being Positive ! Thank You For Your Information , Hopefully Everything Is Going Good For You , But Sorry To Hear You Lost Your Job .
The Following User Says Thank You to AdalineNChris For This Useful Post:
AndyS (06-20-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xolady View Post
I don't know where you live but generally you must pass a psych exam, and by that I mean a 3-4 hour question and answer exam by a licensed psychiatrist. That's after going thru all the schooling. Anyone can get into the police academy not everyone who completes it can get a job. You might but I wouldn't count on it.
'I Already Know All That ! My Brother Just Became A Poilce Officer Who Gave Me A Lot More Information I Needed To Know/Especially The Testes But Thank You .
Old 06-20-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimimi View Post
Why would you want to be a cop? There is to much corruption in that field.
'I Always Wanted To Become A Cop Since I Was In High School , I Love Learning/Staying About Criminal Justice About The Laws Your Rights Etc. And Yeah IK But That Isn't Gonna Stop Me .
Old 06-20-2018, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
Im sorry to hear that Apeespee33. Did HR say it was because you didnt disclose that info? Im curious now if you dont mind answering.
We are At-will employees at the discretion of the District Attorney so they would never say that was the real reason. But a inside source told me it was because my husband Parole agent called. They really don't have to give a reason when your at-will just told me my appointment had ended.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apeespee33 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (06-21-2018), Sarianna (06-22-2018), sidewalker (06-21-2018)