Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 07-15-2011, 10:51 PM
rlwhitmore

Question Can I attend an inmate to inmate visit if I'm related too?

My son is in a unit in Palestine and my husband is in a unit in Amarillo. My son will be allowed to visit my husband at some point in time this year. Will I be able to visit them at the same time? I, of course, am on both their visitation list. This would be such a blessing if I could. Has anyone ever done this before?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2011, 01:52 AM
Pink*Lady

from personal experience I know that it was only an inmate to inmate visit between my sister and brother that was approved. They do it during the weekdays and I believe it is behind the glass....They never got the chance to go through with it becuase my sister caught a case and eventually my brother paroled out....

"Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts"
Old 07-16-2011, 06:54 AM

My husband is about to get sent to see his brother and since his brothers unit is closer to me than his is I asked him the same question, could I go see them there and he said no. So I'm not really sure, you might call someone and ask. I don't really care seeing my brother in law, we have our issues, but I'm always up for seeing my husband.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:02 PM
rlwhitmore

Thanks everyone for your input. I'll let you know what happens. God bless.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:14 AM
Banned

Ok, I can answer this real quick. On Garza, we had a pair of twins on the unit. One was in my dorm, the other was in a dorm right next to us, they could see each other through the glass. When visitation came around, the parents couldn't see them at the same time, it was separate. We'd see the other twin go out for visit, 2 hrs later, he would come back and the twin in my dorm would leave. They had contact visits with their mother/father and sometimes grandmother that would come as well (one parent would step out for part of the visit to allow grandma in. The only way that everyone was able to be in the same room, but not at the same tables, was if dad called out one twin, and mom called out the other... But the drawback to that, they only got to see one parent for the 2 hr visit.

To summarize: Yes, you can see them both. No you cannot see them both as the same time. Yes, they can see each other. No they cannot see you at the same time they're visiting each other.

Hope this helps. Sorry that you can't visit them both at the same time. At least you won't have to travel to different units to see your boys.