Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Prison & Legal News, Info & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Prison & Legal News, Info & Events Place news, info and events relating to the prison, criminal justice and legal system in the State of Oregon in this forum.

Old 02-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,361 Times in 4,630 Posts
Default Proposed DOC Rule about interstate transfers

PROPOSED RULE: Attached are the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, Statement of Need and text of the proposed rules.

Interstate Compact – Retaken Offenders (291-180)
Summary: This rulemaking is necessary in order for the Department of Corrections to require that an offender who was previously retaken and returned to this state from another state at cost to the state of Oregon, whether by formal or informal means, repay those costs to the State of Oregon before the offender may be approved by the department for an interstate compact supervision transfer. Limited exceptions may be granted by the Compact Administrator or designee based on individual circumstances. Also temporarily adopted.

The last day to submit written comments is March 22, 2012

HOW TO COMMENT: Written comments can be sent via e-mail to Birdie.Worley@doc.state.or.us, faxed to 503-373-7092, or submitted to the Rules Coordinator, DOC, 2575 Center Street NE, Salem, OR 97301-4667

ODOC rules can be accessed through the ODOC website

http://www.oregon.gov/DOC/PUBSER/rul...es/index.shtml
The Following User Says Thank You to Zelda50 For This Useful Post:
Scott (02-08-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Lifecoach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda50 View Post
PROPOSED RULE: Attached are the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, Statement of Need and text of the proposed rules.

Interstate Compact – Retaken Offenders (291-180)
Summary: This rulemaking is necessary in order for the Department of Corrections to require that an offender who was previously retaken and returned to this state from another state at cost to the state of Oregon, whether by formal or informal means, repay those costs to the State of Oregon before the offender may be approved by the department for an interstate compact supervision transfer. Limited exceptions may be granted by the Compact Administrator or designee based on individual circumstances. Also temporarily adopted.
That makes perfect sense to me. If you screw up on interstate compact, get out and want another - you'll have to pay the costs of transporting you back to Oregon from the first incident. With - some wiggle room for exceptional cases. Pretty reasonable.
Zelda50 (02-12-2012)
Old 03-04-2012, 05:06 AM

Need some clarification on this new proposed rule. Talked to my husband on Saturday for our weekly call and he is freaked out about this pertaining to him. A little background on my husband. He was originally picked up here in Las Vegas and expidited to Oregon where his crime was over 7 years ago this was his first time and he is getting out Sept 2013 so as you know he is getting his plan together and everytime he finds good news and finds out that he can be released in Las Vegas instead of Oregon we are hopeful but this time he read his prison newsletter and found this issue..So our question is does this apply to him from the original transport or is it only if you get the interstate compact and violate it than go back that the rules apply? I hope this comes out the right way. He has never been release on the interstate compact before.

The way I read it was that you had to be retaken meaning you got a interstate compact and now violated it so you will need to abide by this new rule if it goes through. Is that what they mean very confused and help with this would be apreciated..Thank you
Old 03-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Lifecoach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,184 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rslilangel View Post
Need some clarification on this new proposed rule. Talked to my husband on Saturday for our weekly call and he is freaked out about this pertaining to him. A little background on my husband. He was originally picked up here in Las Vegas and expidited to Oregon where his crime was over 7 years ago this was his first time and he is getting out Sept 2013 so as you know he is getting his plan together and everytime he finds good news and finds out that he can be released in Las Vegas instead of Oregon we are hopeful but this time he read his prison newsletter and found this issue..So our question is does this apply to him from the original transport or is it only if you get the interstate compact and violate it than go back that the rules apply? I hope this comes out the right way. He has never been release on the interstate compact before.

The way I read it was that you had to be retaken meaning you got a interstate compact and now violated it so you will need to abide by this new rule if it goes through. Is that what they mean very confused and help with this would be apreciated..Thank you
This would only apply to people who had been under the Interstate Compact in another state, arrested for being in violation of their Post-Prison or Parole terms and conditions, and returned to Oregon.

It does NOT apply to people who are extradited from another state to face charges in Oregon - who are NOT under supervision (from the extraditing state) at the time of transport.

Does that help?
Old 03-04-2012, 05:33 PM

Thank you Scott. Yes that does clear it up for me and exactly what I thought. My husband is freaked out about it so I thought i would get clerification before I told him what I thought..You were a big help..