Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > The War on Drugs - and the results of it
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

The War on Drugs - and the results of it A war against drugs, or against families?

Old 01-24-2012, 09:04 PM
~His Angel Without Wings~

Question Good Intentions

My husband has been smoking pot since he was about 14. Up until November 18th, 2010 when he was taken into incarceration, he has expanded greatly on his choice of drugs. He hasn't gone as far as heroin or meth, however he has done a lot of mixing. For example, one time *we weren't together* he decided to smoke pot, drink a bottle of SOCO, take some kind of pills *not sure what it was* and drive home. I saw him later that night and he looked as if he was going to die. Another time, we were at a party together and he was drinking already and decided to do some double stacked ecstasy and after walking in the woods at 1 in the morning for a couple hours and he was in shorts when it was fall, I panicked and thought he was surely going to die when he would stop breathing for a couple seconds every 10 minutes or so.

He's now been incarcerated since November 18th, 2012 and is in prison and will be released November 6th, 2012. We have talked about this subject a couple times and he has made it clear that he isn't going to be doing that again (as in mixing drugs, drinking, partying, etc.) but, on the other hand, made it clear that once he is off parole that he wants to start smoking pot again. I'm personally hoping that since he now has a part to play as not only a husband, but also a father (which he didn't have those responsibilities before he got locked up on November 18th, 2012) that he will learn that he can't even be smoking pot.

I am worried that if he does decide and follow through with smoking pot once he's off parole that it might lead him back into the whole partying, mixing other drugs, drinking, etc.

Anyone have any experiences similar to mine that they can share with me? Am I crazy to think that he'll change his mind and NOT smoke pot again or do you think he'll eventually go back like he *hopefully just for now* has plans on doing? Any advice, comfort, constructive criticism, experiences, etc. would be very much appreciated!

~*~Alicia Creel ~*~
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2012, 10:59 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,287 Times in 607 Posts

My son is a herone addict, and he has gone up to 2 yrs clean and always when he replapses its when he is doing well and thinks he can just smoke a little pot, then it goes to a pill or 2, then boom he is in full blown relapse bangin dope

My point is that if he is an addict ( whether he is addicted to weed or booze even) they cannot do any drug, it will ALWAYS leads them down the same road of disaster....
Old 01-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,287 Times in 607 Posts

Here is a better way of saying it

Insanity is doing the same things you did and expecting a different result
The Following User Says Thank You to mg113 For This Useful Post:
Erics4ever (01-25-2012)