Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events Current news items and information on events related to the Connecticut prison and criminal justice systems.

Old 03-29-2012, 08:09 AM

Default Osborn Correctional Institution lockdown

Today Osborn is going on the seventh day of lockdown. When I called last night they said it was being lifted on the 31st. I aksed if someone got hurt and he said no its just routine. I said Routine to lock them up for 7 days..

My BF did however call last night. they are still on lockdown but everyone got an opportunity to call home once. He sounded so down. He works in the kitchen and at least he gets to go to wror and he is not in his cell all day, but he is now going into work at 3am till 10am. And everyone gets served their meals in their cell.

This is crazy! Has anyone heard of this before? I called the DOC but they are useless and hate me.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2012, 11:12 AM

Hello,

I do not understand what is going on with this institution. My understanding was that this place had also been locked down the week that the maintenance worker had fallen 20 feet, yet the lockdown was to be over come that weekend. This was about 2 weeks ago. Now, it is on lockdown again? What is going on? This is absolutely horrifying. For all we know, someone could have been gravely assaulted and the family has no clue as to what is taking place to their loved ones. Just because a person has been incarcerated, does not mean you deprive him, or their family members of common courtesy. I too, have called Osborn, only to be answered by individuals that simply lack common courtesy and etiquette. It is utterly disgusting. Will this prison be open this weekend for visitation as it is closed today due to it being Good Friday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ange518 View Post
Today Osborn is going on the seventh day of lockdown. When I called last night they said it was being lifted on the 31st. I aksed if someone got hurt and he said no its just routine. I said Routine to lock them up for 7 days..

My BF did however call last night. they are still on lockdown but everyone got an opportunity to call home once. He sounded so down. He works in the kitchen and at least he gets to go to wror and he is not in his cell all day, but he is now going into work at 3am till 10am. And everyone gets served their meals in their cell.

This is crazy! Has anyone heard of this before? I called the DOC but they are useless and hate me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Eclipsian For This Useful Post:
Trondogs (07-18-2012)
Old 04-26-2012, 11:13 AM
i love him
Donation Award 

I know they do week long lockdowns a couple times a year to do "shakedowns". I hope that's all it was and nothing serious happened. I do know that we are going on day 4 of lockdown where J is and it is very frustrating

Old 07-09-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbear831 View Post
I know they do week long lockdowns a couple times a year to do "shakedowns". I hope that's all it was and nothing serious happened. I do know that we are going on day 4 of lockdown where J is and it is very frustrating
Osborn has been very busy as of late. When I was last there on 6.26.12, they had been busy with codes all day. Seems within that week and/or day, there was a fight between 2 inmates, an assault on an employee, a person going into a seizure, etc.

Btw, Osborn is one of the oldest prisons and DOES NOT have air conditioning for any of the inmates. They have to survive on fans that just blow air down the corridors. UGH.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:59 PM
Forever reaching

Can they still get and send mail? My friend is in Osborn.

"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up."
-The Reverend Jesse Jackson

@~~{~~~~~
Old 07-10-2012, 06:43 AM

Lockdowns can happen any time there is an incident within a prison. For example, if a fight happens in one unit all the units are locked down. That is because the Rapid Response Team is made up of COs that are on duty in other parts of the prison. Usually these types of incidents are run-of-the-mill and the lockdown doesn't last very long (a few hours to a day). If the incident is more serious (i.e. assault on a DOC employee) the lockdown will last longer. Remember - it can be used as a form of punishment - in essence, "See what we can do if you don't behave...."

7-day lockdowns generally indicate a shakedown is going on. Yes - normally those only happen twice per year, but they can be called at any time. An example of this might be that an inmate got into a fight and used a weapon of some sort and they are worried there might be more. One time we were locked down for several days because a bolt was missing from a floor buffer - turned out that it had been reported months before that but we had to be locked down for 3 days while they searched for it.

BRRRRRRT!!

A failure is a man who has blundered, but is not able to cash in on the experience.
- Elbert Hubbard
Old 07-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Forever reaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsian View Post
Hello,

I do not understand what is going on with this institution. My understanding was that this place had also been locked down the week that the maintenance worker had fallen 20 feet, yet the lockdown was to be over come that weekend. This was about 2 weeks ago. Now, it is on lockdown again? What is going on? This is absolutely horrifying. For all we know, someone could have been gravely assaulted and the family has no clue as to what is taking place to their loved ones. Just because a person has been incarcerated, does not mean you deprive him, or their family members of common courtesy. I too, have called Osborn, only to be answered by individuals that simply lack common courtesy and etiquette. It is utterly disgusting. Will this prison be open this weekend for visitation as it is closed today due to it being Good Friday?
No matter what CT jail I've called or visited they have been nasty to me like I'm a criminal

@~~{~~~~~
Old 07-18-2012, 03:33 PM
Forever reaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by eidolon View Post
Lockdowns can happen any time there is an incident within a prison. For example, if a fight happens in one unit all the units are locked down. That is because the Rapid Response Team is made up of COs that are on duty in other parts of the prison. Usually these types of incidents are run-of-the-mill and the lockdown doesn't last very long (a few hours to a day). If the incident is more serious (i.e. assault on a DOC employee) the lockdown will last longer. Remember - it can be used as a form of punishment - in essence, "See what we can do if you don't behave...."

7-day lockdowns generally indicate a shakedown is going on. Yes - normally those only happen twice per year, but they can be called at any time. An example of this might be that an inmate got into a fight and used a weapon of some sort and they are worried there might be more. One time we were locked down for several days because a bolt was missing from a floor buffer - turned out that it had been reported months before that but we had to be locked down for 3 days while they searched for it.
Hahaha I remember that bolt missing incident. I was visiting my best friend during that bid

@~~{~~~~~
Old 07-18-2012, 03:34 PM
Forever reaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipsian View Post
Osborn has been very busy as of late. When I was last there on 6.26.12, they had been busy with codes all day. Seems within that week and/or day, there was a fight between 2 inmates, an assault on an employee, a person going into a seizure, etc.

Btw, Osborn is one of the oldest prisons and DOES NOT have air conditioning for any of the inmates. They have to survive on fans that just blow air down the corridors. UGH.
BUT they got AC everywhere the co's are huh?

@~~{~~~~~
Old 07-23-2012, 12:04 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trondogs View Post
BUT they got AC everywhere the co's are huh?
Oh yes, I am QUITE sure the co's are basking in air conditioned environments, while the inmates are fainting, or becoming sick from the heat exhaustion and general heat in their cells.
Trondogs (07-24-2012)
Old 07-23-2012, 12:05 PM

Angry

Quote:
No matter what CT jail I've called or visited they have been nasty to me like I'm a criminal
They're very impatient. These co's need to learn some basic social etiquette norms.
Trondogs (07-24-2012)
Old 07-23-2012, 12:06 PM

Smile

Quote:
Can they still get and send mail? My friend is in Osborn.
Yes, inmates are still allowed to receive and send mail.
Trondogs (07-24-2012)