Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arizona.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 10-03-2017, 09:01 AM
Mjc916 Mjc916 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: AZ, USA
Posts: 342
Thanks: 3
Thanked 180 Times in 127 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizlizzie2 View Post
I don't know about people going back to Florence. If they are being sent back, is it a 2 yard? If it is a 2 yard then why send them to Cerbat? If they were in a 3 yard in Florence and are being sent back to a 3 yard from cerbat then that Wouldnt Be An ihp Issue.

Aside From The above --- They Cant be Sending Back Out As Many As MJC916 Indicates Because My Son's Dorm Is Completely Full. I Haven't Checked The Daily count Sheets but They would give us official Numbers Rather Than Our LOs Impressions .
Yes Florence has a 2 yard a very large one itís just got too many on that unit and thatís why they are sending them in groups to kingman they post a list every few weeks or so or less when they need space essentially - itís random draw I was told. And guys leave and most come back in varying lengths of time all saying the same thing - couldnít House bc they came from IHP asked for their papers and told to get off the yard or else and kingman holds them in Cdu w loss of privs for not staying on the yard despite being threatened for varying lengths of time seems to be 6-9 weeks on average sometimes longer before they return to Florence one by one.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mjc916 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (10-06-2017)
Sponsored Links
  #27  
Old 10-03-2017, 09:03 AM
Mjc916 Mjc916 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: AZ, USA
Posts: 342
Thanks: 3
Thanked 180 Times in 127 Posts
Default

Oh and kingman is min now not 3 so that is why they go back to a 2 and from a 2...
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:52 AM
jsanner jsanner is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 293
Thanks: 0
Thanked 181 Times in 98 Posts
Default

What is an IHP yard? And why is it controversial?

My friend is at Kingman in Huachuca. He has not really had any problems since he's gotten there.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-06-2017, 11:13 AM
IzzyLouWho's Avatar
IzzyLouWho IzzyLouWho is online now
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

 

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,867
Thanks: 857
Thanked 2,792 Times in 1,428 Posts
Default

IHP would be Integrated Housing Program.
__________________
Angela
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-06-2017, 11:21 AM
jsanner jsanner is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 293
Thanks: 0
Thanked 181 Times in 98 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IzzyLouWho View Post
IHP would be Integrated Housing Program.
Cool, thanks. Why is it so contravertial? Is there a link somewhere where I can read about it?
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 10-06-2017, 11:46 AM
IzzyLouWho's Avatar
IzzyLouWho IzzyLouWho is online now
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

 

Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,867
Thanks: 857
Thanked 2,792 Times in 1,428 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsanner View Post
Cool, thanks. Why is it so contravertial? Is there a link somewhere where I can read about it?
Arizona prisons are very racially divided. So, if a White is housed with a black, it can cause problems out in GP
__________________
Angela
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IzzyLouWho For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (10-06-2017)
  #32  
Old 10-06-2017, 10:30 PM
CharleysGirl CharleysGirl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Las Vegas,
Posts: 135
Thanks: 20
Thanked 60 Times in 47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsanner View Post
Cool, thanks. Why is it so contravertial? Is there a link somewhere where I can read about it?
There not really a link. This is a court ordered thing. The controversy lies in the consequences. For those that sign they get perks from the prison. BUT there are consequences from the races. If you don't sign you get consequences from DOC. LOP for the duration of your sentence. Phase I status etc. Some will.sign some won't. There are 2 yards already intergrated. The 2 and 3 yards have to start intergrating in March 2018. All state yards. Private prison have the option weather or not to integrate. From the sounds of it Kingman won't. Red Rock is opting to, so there going to be a lot of tention for awhile.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-09-2017, 09:33 PM
lizlizzie2's Avatar
lizlizzie2 lizlizzie2 is offline
Liz
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: sierra vista, az
Posts: 578
Thanks: 1,308
Thanked 903 Times in 337 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjc916 View Post
Oh and kingman is min now not 3 so that is why they go back to a 2 and from a 2...
I know Cerbat is 2 yard. I just didn't know there was a 2 yard at Florence since they were moving them to Kingman. Many of the prisons that have a 3 yard and a 2 yard simply move the inmate across the way, which is what Kingman used to do before it dumped its 3 yard and created a SO yard instead.

I do know Kingman is all dorms. So they don't have the same issue about integrated housing because it has always been their policy to bed different races next to each other and to avoid housing all one race together in any group.

I don't know mjc916's experience there. I only know mine. Which is that Kingman population has increased. There is one to two buses or around 50 new inmates per week coming in there. The population when I visit is predominately Hispanic where it used to be more white and a larger black population. Is that housing or a reflection of the criminal system's slant toward charging more non-whites, I don't know.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
uRmylife (10-09-2017)
  #34  
Old 10-09-2017, 09:35 PM
lizlizzie2's Avatar
lizlizzie2 lizlizzie2 is offline
Liz
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: sierra vista, az
Posts: 578
Thanks: 1,308
Thanked 903 Times in 337 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleysGirl View Post
There not really a link. This is a court ordered thing. The controversy lies in the consequences. For those that sign they get perks from the prison. BUT there are consequences from the races. If you don't sign you get consequences from DOC. LOP for the duration of your sentence. Phase I status etc. Some will.sign some won't. There are 2 yards already intergrated. The 2 and 3 yards have to start intergrating in March 2018. All state yards. Private prison have the option weather or not to integrate. From the sounds of it Kingman won't. Red Rock is opting to, so there going to be a lot of tention for awhile.
I agree there will be tension. Sadly, I think there will be more than that at some point. Even though they know it will happen, the inmates fear the prisons turning into those like Illinois or California, where instead of race, you are forced to join gangs. I think their fear is reasonable.

We could all wish for a better world, but living through and surviving that change is a reasonable fear.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
CharleysGirl (10-09-2017)
  #35  
Old 11-09-2017, 12:49 AM
Busymom3 Busymom3 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Kentucky & United States
Posts: 7
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quick question, since I canít find any threads/blogs with more information. My ex-husband is currently at Kingman, my girls and I have not seen him since he was arrested and formally sentenced. Needless to say, I have some questions about the whole process. As this is our first trip and flying from the east coast, out there. I donít want to not be fully prepared for this trip. I have everything taken care cost-wise, approvals for visitation, but I am a little curious on the vending cost (two children equals a lot of snacks and eating for an 8 hour visit). 2.) Also, what are the specifics on the dress code? I do not want to be sent back out to change and have to wait in line for hours longer. 3.) Does anyone know how long the actual wait to get into visitation? And thatís about all I can think of off the top of my head.

My head is already spinning trying to prepare and make sure we take what documentation and proper attire. #Pleasehelp #firstimevisitor
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-09-2017, 02:24 AM
CharleysGirl CharleysGirl is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Las Vegas,
Posts: 135
Thanks: 20
Thanked 60 Times in 47 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymom3 View Post
Quick question, since I canít find any threads/blogs with more information. My ex-husband is currently at Kingman, my girls and I have not seen him since he was arrested and formally sentenced. Needless to say, I have some questions about the whole process. As this is our first trip and flying from the east coast, out there. I donít want to not be fully prepared for this trip. I have everything taken care cost-wise, approvals for visitation, but I am a little curious on the vending cost (two children equals a lot of snacks and eating for an 8 hour visit). 2.) Also, what are the specifics on the dress code? I do not want to be sent back out to change and have to wait in line for hours longer. 3.) Does anyone know how long the actual wait to get into visitation? And thatís about all I can think of off the top of my head.

My head is already spinning trying to prepare and make sure we take what documentation and proper attire. #Pleasehelp #firstimevisitor
You are allowed $40 in quarters per person in a clear plastic bag.One unopened pack of cigarettes if applicable. One key on one ring. ID. You will also needs birth certificates for your kids. Dress code is no orange no Brown in color. No under wire in your bra. Sports bra recommend. The visit room tends to be cold so bring a sweater. Your shirt must cover your collar bone. Always bring extra clothes, cuz the enforcement of the dress code depends on the CO at the moment. It's been awhile since we were at Kingman, but the gate used to open at 730 am. The line starts much earlier then that. Park in the dirt off to the right of the road until the gate opens. In case I've forgotten anything Arizona DOC policy 911 is available on line. Enjoy your visit!
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CharleysGirl For This Useful Post:
Busymom3 (11-09-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (11-09-2017)
  #37  
Old 11-09-2017, 05:33 AM
Busymom3 Busymom3 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Kentucky & United States
Posts: 7
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleysGirl View Post
You are allowed $40 in quarters per person in a clear plastic bag.One unopened pack of cigarettes if applicable. One key on one ring. ID. You will also needs birth certificates for your kids. Dress code is no orange no Brown in color. No under wire in your bra. Sports bra recommend. The visit room tends to be cold so bring a sweater. Your shirt must cover your collar bone. Always bring extra clothes, cuz the enforcement of the dress code depends on the CO at the moment. It's been awhile since we were at Kingman, but the gate used to open at 730 am. The line starts much earlier then that. Park in the dirt off to the right of the road until the gate opens. In case I've forgotten anything Arizona DOC policy 911 is available on line. Enjoy your visit!


Thank you so much!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Busymom3 For This Useful Post:
CharleysGirl (11-09-2017)
  #38  
Old 11-09-2017, 02:42 PM
Mjc916 Mjc916 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: AZ, USA
Posts: 342
Thanks: 3
Thanked 180 Times in 127 Posts
Default

Don’t have things on pants that will cause metal detector to go off like lots of extra snaps or zippers (some jeans have those all over) some distressed jeans meaning holes won’t go if your kids have braces or retainers or things in their mouth that could set off the detector bc they are metal get a dr note explaining what they have bc they cannot search kids and ice read on here of that happening to a family sadly
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mjc916 For This Useful Post:
Busymom3 (11-09-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (11-09-2017)
  #39  
Old 11-09-2017, 02:44 PM
Busymom3 Busymom3 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Kentucky & United States
Posts: 7
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjc916 View Post
Donít have things on pants that will cause metal detector to go off like lots of extra snaps or zippers (some jeans have those all over) some distressed jeans meaning holes wonít go if your kids have braces or retainers or things in their mouth that could set off the detector bc they are metal get a dr note explaining what they have bc they cannot search kids and ice read on here of that happening to a family sadly


Would that apply to capped teeth as well?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-09-2017, 02:47 PM
Busymom3 Busymom3 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Kentucky & United States
Posts: 7
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleysGirl View Post
You are allowed $40 in quarters per person in a clear plastic bag.One unopened pack of cigarettes if applicable. One key on one ring. ID. You will also needs birth certificates for your kids. Dress code is no orange no Brown in color. No under wire in your bra. Sports bra recommend. The visit room tends to be cold so bring a sweater. Your shirt must cover your collar bone. Always bring extra clothes, cuz the enforcement of the dress code depends on the CO at the moment. It's been awhile since we were at Kingman, but the gate used to open at 730 am. The line starts much earlier then that. Park in the dirt off to the right of the road until the gate opens. In case I've forgotten anything Arizona DOC policy 911 is available on line. Enjoy your visit!


Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-09-2017, 04:04 PM
Fridyrr.Likn's Avatar
Fridyrr.Likn Fridyrr.Likn is offline
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Casa Grande, AZ
Posts: 2,092
Thanks: 4,668
Thanked 1,908 Times in 977 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymom3 View Post
Would that apply to capped teeth as well?
It really just depends on the sensitivity and you never know how it will be set. My son got in with his retainers numerous times and then all of a sudden they set them off and we had to get a letter from his orthodontist.
__________________
KENDRA
ARIZONA-CAROLINAS-VIRGINIA-NOW THAT YOUR LOVED ONE IS HOME
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-12-2017, 10:54 AM
Sylph's Avatar
Sylph Sylph is offline
here
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Arizona
Posts: 137
Thanks: 44
Thanked 97 Times in 60 Posts
Default

So cost-wise, a 20oz bottle of soda is $2, water is $1.50. The cheapest snacks I've seen are $1.25, and goes up from there. There are vending machines that have cold meals too (you can reheat in the microwave), those will typically start at $3.50. When I go with my boys we can easily spend $40-$60 on the vending machines. Keep in mind, we're also getting things for our inmate too.

Clothing, what everyone said, and I'll double down on the orange. Make sure that color isn't on anything, not even a little. No sleeveless, or sheer, or too tight. The less metal the better.

If you're worried about the teeth, better safe than sorry is my motto. And absolutely make sure you have their birth certificates. You only need it for the first time, but it can NOT be a photo copy.
__________________
I am the Master of my fate
I am the Captain of my soul
inv;ctus

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sylph For This Useful Post:
Busymom3 (11-12-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (11-12-2017)
  #43  
Old 11-12-2017, 06:40 PM
Busymom3 Busymom3 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Kentucky & United States
Posts: 7
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylph View Post
So cost-wise, a 20oz bottle of soda is $2, water is $1.50. The cheapest snacks I've seen are $1.25, and goes up from there. There are vending machines that have cold meals too (you can reheat in the microwave), those will typically start at $3.50. When I go with my boys we can easily spend $40-$60 on the vending machines. Keep in mind, we're also getting things for our inmate too.

Clothing, what everyone said, and I'll double down on the orange. Make sure that color isn't on anything, not even a little. No sleeveless, or sheer, or too tight. The less metal the better.

If you're worried about the teeth, better safe than sorry is my motto. And absolutely make sure you have their birth certificates. You only need it for the first time, but it can NOT be a photo copy.


Thank you!! We just finished our last visit of the weekend. I didnít take enough the first day, but the second we took in $60. We defiantly needed the $50-$60 the first day. I will keep that all in mind for the next trip we make out here.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-12-2017, 06:49 PM
Mjc916 Mjc916 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: AZ, USA
Posts: 342
Thanks: 3
Thanked 180 Times in 127 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymom3 View Post
Thank you!! We just finished our last visit of the weekend. I didnít take enough the first day, but the second we took in $60. We defiantly needed the $50-$60 the first day. I will keep that all in mind for the next trip we make out here.
Hey just FYI you are allowed to bring 40 per person that goes in - you may not use it all and prob wonít but if you wanted to be safe just know you can bring that much per person that goes in and if you are coming from so far away he can also put in for a special visit for you all - has to be done 30 days in advance but I thought you talked about flying in if thatís the case he can look into that...
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mjc916 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (11-13-2017)
  #45  
Old 11-12-2017, 06:51 PM
Busymom3 Busymom3 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Kentucky & United States
Posts: 7
Thanks: 5
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

We did fly in, but he didnít realize our flight left so late. He didnít get the special request in by the time we arrived. So, we wonít get the extra visit. It was a very emotional trip, and I wish we could have had extra time.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-14-2017, 02:23 AM
lizlizzie2's Avatar
lizlizzie2 lizlizzie2 is offline
Liz
 

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: sierra vista, az
Posts: 578
Thanks: 1,308
Thanked 903 Times in 337 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleysGirl View Post
Y...It's been awhile since we were at Kingman, but the gate used to open at 730 am. The line starts much earlier then that. Park in the dirt off to the right of the road until the gate opens. ... Enjoy your visit!
Just to clarify, the gate still opens at 7:30 a.m. Except for food visits, the line hasn't been but about 10 or so vehicles since Cerbat is the only general population yard there now. When I arrive at 8:30 there are usually 5 or so cars ahead of me. So instead of long lines, it seems to be more of a steady flow.

For those who haven't done it before - have your IDs ready to hand to the guard and pop our trunk when you pull up to the guard so that he can look in it. To date I have yet to have my care "searched"; they just look in it. I have a small car and small trunk. Just make sure you don't have any of the contraband items obviously sitting out in plain sight.

Cerbat is to the right. There is plenty of parking. At the gate push the button and be sure to pull it closed behind you if no one else is coming up behind you. Inside the building, there is the visitor's form to complete and if you are bringing any games, then the donation form you need to complete. All visitors for the same inmate go on the one form. The first line is hand in your form and your ID. Then the next line where your stuff goes in a basket, remove your shoes, coats, sweaters, all of which go on the counter for the guards to check. Wait your turn, life your pant legs, turn out our pockets, turn around and turn out any back pockets. Go through the machine.

They keep changing some of the processes such as whether they keep your ID out front or in the visitation room. So just follow the menu that day. There are two visitation rooms when busy. The CO will tell you which room to go to. Inside, hand the paper and your ID if they gave it back to you, to the CO at the desk. They will call for your LO. Grab a table and check out the vending machine because sometimes it goes fast and more often than not at least 1 machine stops working.

No free coffee at Cerbat.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (11-14-2017)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Death at Cerbat, Kingman ASPC lizlizzie2 Arizona Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events 2 07-03-2015 03:45 PM
Aspc Kingman Hualapai - need visit info jazzy10 Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions 2 02-22-2015 08:47 PM
A little information on Kingman uRmylife Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions 2 09-07-2011 03:19 AM
Need directions to ASPC-Kingman from Phoenix Beebah Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions 3 07-09-2009 01:57 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:39 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics