Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:33 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,733 Times in 1,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mels5 View Post
Okay thank you I should of read more before saying anything.

Its okay. 57 is a bit confusing and even those of us who have been trying to figure it out for the past year or more still have questions. Happy to help simplify the parts you may have questions about as best we can
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
Mels5 (11-13-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2017, 12:38 AM

Quote:
My husband just accepted 15 years today but wont be sentenced until next month. I don't even know how to feel. I guess im numbing my feelings. He's been in county jail for 1 year and im trying to figure out how long he will have left of his sentence. He will serve his time in prison at 85%. Will his yearin county jail be counted as 50% or also 85%
What do you mean by accepted? He did a plea agreement? If that's the case my husband did a plea agreement to 15 years but at sentencing the judge gave him 11 years. You will have to wait until sentencing to know what the final outcome will be. Good luck!!
The Following User Says Thank You to dkjonaas For This Useful Post:
Mels5 (11-14-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 10:21 AM
HisLove

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkjonaas View Post
What do you mean by accepted? He did a plea agreement? If that's the case my husband did a plea agreement to 15 years but at sentencing the judge gave him 11 years. You will have to wait until sentencing to know what the final outcome will be. Good luck!!
Yes a plea agreement. Really was it 11 years after the time ur husband served in county was counted and the 80% or was it 11 years amd the time would be counted from that. I hope that made sense
Old 11-14-2017, 11:26 AM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 13,813 Times in 5,321 Posts

Quote:
Yes a plea agreement. Really was it 11 years after the time ur husband served in county was counted and the 80% or was it 11 years amd the time would be counted from that. I hope that made sense
Remember to ask what state they're in. Sentencing outcomes vary wildly from state to state.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:15 PM

Quote:
He took a plea for 15 years but when sentencing came the judge sentenced him to 11 years under what his plea was. After his county time served, good time and the RDAP program he should be home in 7 1/2 to 8 years but less now since he's been in over a year already. We are from Minnesota but he was sentenced out of Wisconsin so we are at the 85%.
The Following User Says Thank You to dkjonaas For This Useful Post:
Mels5 (11-14-2017)