Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 2 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 2 Facilities Discussion and information for the following facilities:: Baker CI, Columbia CI, Columbia Annex, Cross City CI, FL State Prison, FL State Prison – West, Hamilton CI, Hamilton Annex, Lake City CF, Lancaster CI, Lawtey CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Lowell Reception Center, Madison CI, Marion CI, Mayo Annex, Putnam CI, RMC-Main, RMC-W, Suwannee CI, Suwannee Annex, Tomoka CI, Union CI

Old 11-13-2017, 05:14 PM

Default Reception and Medical (RMC)-phone calls

Does anyone know how long it usually takes to start getting phone calls once they get there from county? It has been 2 weeks tomorrow. Is it normally this long. I have set up a securus account with my landline phone so all of that end is good to go. I got too used to talking to him every day while he was in county I suppose.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2017, 06:34 PM

Thanked 3,956 Times in 2,121 Posts

If he is in medical they may not have phones, I'm just going by what I dealt with so don't think this is a fact. My husband was in Dade CI and medical had no phones at all and if you couldn't walk to the dorms you could not use the phones!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
wife2countryboy (11-14-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 07:22 AM

If he is just there from county I don't think he use the phone yet. Beside the securus account he has to submit a copy of your phone bill and have it approved by securus. Things have changed since my son went thru this, I think know he has to be in his permanent camp before he can submit he can submit a phone list.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charlie's Mom For This Useful Post:
wife2countryboy (11-14-2017), xolady (11-14-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 10:57 AM

So he would have to submit a copy of the landline phone bill? I can understand if it were a cell phone just to make sure it had a contract but a home phone? That is ridiculous. All of this is ridiculous I suppose. We may run in to a problem there because our phone is in his name. I mean good grief, we are married and there was no reason to have both of us on there. I am also not about to get a contract cell phone I live and work from home so I use me cell very rarely.

Old 11-14-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wife2countryboy View Post
So he would have to submit a copy of the landline phone bill? I can understand if it were a cell phone just to make sure it had a contract but a home phone? That is ridiculous. All of this is ridiculous I suppose. We may run in to a problem there because our phone is in his name. I mean good grief, we are married and there was no reason to have both of us on there. I am also not about to get a contract cell phone I live and work from home so I use me cell very rarely.
I had my home phone in my husbands name and he just put his name on the phone list, so it would be approved!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
Charlie's Mom (11-14-2017), wife2countryboy (11-14-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 12:39 PM

Thank you so much! I hadn't thought of that. All of these hoops they are wanting us to go through can make you crazy. The last time he was in DOC we were teenagers and that was a hot minute ago (the 90's) so a lot has changed. I understand their rules but it doesn't mean I have to like them. I read the Florida inmate handbook last night, let's just say that was an "interesting" read.

The Following User Says Thank You to wife2countryboy For This Useful Post:
xolady (11-14-2017)
Old 11-14-2017, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wife2countryboy View Post
Thank you so much! I hadn't thought of that. All of these hoops they are wanting us to go through can make you crazy. The last time he was in DOC we were teenagers and that was a hot minute ago (the 90's) so a lot has changed. I understand their rules but it doesn't mean I have to like them. I read the Florida inmate handbook last night, let's just say that was an "interesting" read.
I had the thing memorized and still had questions!!! LOL I husband would call me to ask stuff so he could tell co's answers to some stuff totally messed up!!!