Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Wives & Girlfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wives & Girlfriends in Prison For everyone who has a wife, girlfriend, or female partner incarcerated.

Old 09-17-2017, 07:50 AM

Default Does anyone else have a loved on in a community security facility?

This is her second week in this place and I am just sitting in the parking lot waiting for visitation to begin. As I have said before this is our first time ever dealing with anything like this so it is just weird. Anyways, the CCC that she is at, it is honestly just a converted motel with a wooden fence around it. It is just basically 200 women hanging out at a hotel. I am in no way complaining about it, I guess I am just shocked because everything I know about prison I learned from watching TV. She will just be a guest at the OK Triple Inn until December.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2017, 11:46 AM
She's Home! Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 4,871 Times in 1,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7179 View Post
This is her second week in this place and I am just sitting in the parking lot waiting for visitation to begin. As I have said before this is our first time ever dealing with anything like this so it is just weird. Anyways, the CCC that she is at, it is honestly just a converted motel with a wooden fence around it. It is just basically 200 women hanging out at a hotel. I am in no way complaining about it, I guess I am just shocked because everything I know about prison I learned from watching TV. She will just be a guest at the OK Triple Inn until December.

Hey Mac,

Dee and I have a friend who was recently transferred to a CCC here in California. I think a lot of states do things differently....I have not personally been to the facility yet, but by her description it's basically a smaller prison with better programming composed entirely of women who are getting toward the end of their sentences (5 years or less to go) but not at all the way you described it as far as the hotel (so not as non-restrictive.)

The upsides to a CCC as I see them are...
1.) you're housed with others who are trying to go home, not lifers, not "problem child" inmates. Lower security levels. People are less likely to mess with other inmates because they don't want to lose their own outdates and/or be taken to a higher-security prison.
2.) from what I am told, while there are definitely still rules, staff is more relaxed. I will say that when I called the CCC to ask questions I was treated very kindly and found their staff to be very helpful in giving me information. That was definitely not the case most of the time dealing with prison where it seemed a certain decorum of "sir/ma'am" and over-politeness was necessary to get what you needed.

I will also say that having experienced the actual prison setting....and I think you already know this but if so then let me re-assert....you definitely are both better off for only having to deal with a CCC.

Let us know any other things you notice. Hope your visit goes well.

-E
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
Old 09-18-2017, 04:37 AM

The visitations are great though. It is outside in a big open area. So we just sit on a park bench cuddling, talking, and just being with each other for 4 hours. I also get to visit on Saturday and Sunday. Like you said too, everyone there are the non violent short timers, and no one wants to get into trouble and transfer to Mable Basset so everyone is on their best behavior.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mac7179 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-18-2017), missingdee (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 06:22 PM

I'm in the same boat. My gf is in county jail for 9 months and I can't believe it's happening
The Following User Says Thank You to Iwillgetby For This Useful Post:
missingdee (09-20-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwillgetby View Post
I'm in the same boat. My gf is in county jail for 9 months and I can't believe it's happening
9 months in county would be horrible. She was only in county for a month in a half. The C.C.C she is at is not bad at all. She spends most of the day outside, they have a 2 mile track that she walks on. It even has a pond with geese , so basically she has it very easy. Hell, for many of the women there they have a much better living arrangement now than they did when they were "back in the world". I also understand your shock on how unreal it feels. I was very overwhelmed when all this first started. It was like watching a movie of someone else's life because I couldn't believe it was happening to us.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mac7179 For This Useful Post:
missingdee (09-20-2017), WaitingWilkes (09-21-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7179 View Post
9 months in county would be horrible. She was only in county for a month in a half. The C.C.C she is at is not bad at all. She spends most of the day outside, they have a 2 mile track that she walks on. It even has a pond with geese , so basically she has it very easy. Hell, for many of the women there they have a much better living arrangement now than they did when they were "back in the world". I also understand your shock on how unreal it feels. I was very overwhelmed when all this first started. It was like watching a movie of someone else's life because I couldn't believe it was happening to us.

She said county is worse than prison! She broke her toe in the shower last week and decided to just deal with it because the care is so bad. I've sent her journals that the won't give her. Worst of all her mindset is shifting to that of an inmate and not the person I know. I'm worried about her mental state. She's been inside before so at least there's that but I hate thinking of us being apart for so long and what I will tell my kids and other loved ones
missingdee (09-20-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 01:15 PM

[quote=Mac7179 ... I also understand your shock on how unreal it feels. I was very overwhelmed when all this first started. It was like watching a movie of someone else's life because I couldn't believe it was happening to us.[/quote]

A movie? It's more like an endless nightmare for us.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingWilkes View Post
A movie? It's more like an endless nightmare for us.

Exactly-(
WaitingWilkes (09-22-2017)