Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Wives & Girlfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wives & Girlfriends in Prison For everyone who has a wife, girlfriend, or female partner incarcerated.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:06 PM

Default Orange county blues

How is everyone? I'm here simply to be one of the few so it seems husband/boyfriend of women in jail. I suppose it is a good thing tho as our women should not be locked up and neither should we. I found this site looking for support for men who stay true and loyal to there women while the are incarcerated. Only because it is not the norm... I'm the one usually locked up not her, I visit her every weekend, accept phone calls and write mail. The fact that I get to see her every weekend lets me not feel like we are missing each other so much. But damn I miss all the little things that pretty lady does for me. Running out of funds to put on phone, gas for trips to jail money for her commissary.. Whole experience thus far has taught me to never resent the family and loved ones on the outside especially the ones who care and stay dedicated to the team I'll never put you down again, I love you for the sacrifices made to make the time a lil easier for me as I know how you all felt, so lonely and heartbroken, tired and worried Damn I JUST WANT YOU BACK IN MY ARMS!!!! "ahhhhhhhhhh" it hurts when a loved one is doing time, so are the lovers.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2013, 09:05 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,080 Times in 7,086 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkysGinger View Post
How is everyone? I'm here simply to be one of the few so it seems husband/boyfriend of women in jail. "ahhhhhhhhhh" it hurts when a loved one is doing time, so are the lovers.
Welcome to PTO, PinkysGinger. It's tough on everybody, man, woman, or child who has a loved one locked up. I'm glad you found us. We do understand here.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:01 AM

Default god is helping

Hi.. my name is Marshall. My wife is in state prison in Ga...its only been 6 days..but I got a letter from her already and have sent her 3 already...I know what was going on in her life before we got married last August and I knew that this was going to be hard. But, I had no idea that it would be this hard....She was already going down the right track in life and we knew that we had this to over come. God is helping both of us because he was the one that got our paths to cross....we are united as one in life and in spirit... She got 4 yrs to serve and hopefully a lot less once they see the bad life she had going up and how much she has already overcomes....but the feelings ... Stress and I feel lost sometimes....I've sleeper 9 hrs in 5 days...what can I do to help me.... Already got money on the books...my phones are set up....Im waiting to hear from her!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:16 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,285 Times in 14,279 Posts

Hi marsall.....welcome to pto.

Things will settle in. Its very hard. But trust me on this, it does get better. Not easy but better. It becomes the new *normal*
Try to get sleep. Try to keep a routine. I found that the best thing to do.
Hang in there.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
jonatanu (06-04-2013)
Old 06-04-2013, 01:00 PM

hey people my name is J, my wife just got caught 15 days ago and shes now in a county jail in texas, i have never been in any kind of problems with the law so all this is new to me. i havent been able to talk to her since i am overseas but i am planning to go and see her pretty soon this is pretty tought for me, thanks to PTO for this forum and to all you guys for sharing your words
Old 06-04-2013, 03:07 PM

Donation Award 

Hi marsall and jonatu. Welcome to PTO! I'm sorry you need to be here, but glad that you found us. It's tough to have a loved one incarcerated. You'll find all the information and support that you need here.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:13 PM

hi guys...I know that this is mostly for men, but I will be leaving a BF behind for 20months in the next few weeks...its hard, because he didn't put me in this situation, but hes said that he would be here waiting after hes always said that he wanted us (when we started dating) that he wanted a friendship I guess now hes getting it...my questions is (cuz he dosent show his feelings) how does this effect you'll nightly leading to the point of SS and there after your W&/G are gone...as women we (I) are emotional so we see things different...I guess I just need to know that you are missing us as much as we are missing laying next to you guys ever night holding and kissing us...if your W&/G are serving years and years what makes you stay and wait?...

thanks a bunch
Old 09-12-2013, 05:40 AM

Default hi

I'm a newbie to this site and to all of this..... I'm tonya and in oct I will be going to do a 2yr sentence in indiana. My boyfriend n I could use all the pointers we can get to get through this
Old 04-05-2014, 06:41 AM

Default intro

Hi im inlandburton in Utah. my fiancée was committed to Utah state prison on march 14 2014 shes in on a 1-15 no board till September, im unable to visit her due to an dui in 2009 that I just finished sentencing last year unable to talk to her, phone issues, ill be honest I miss the hell out of her its tough
Old 04-05-2014, 12:38 PM

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlandburton View Post
Hi im inlandburton in Utah. my fiancée was committed to Utah state prison on march 14 2014 shes in on a 1-15 no board till September, im unable to visit her due to an dui in 2009 that I just finished sentencing last year unable to talk to her, phone issues, ill be honest I miss the hell out of her its tough
Hello and Welcome to PTO! Having a loved one on the inside is rough. You'll find a lot of support here.

Old 04-09-2014, 05:33 PM

my name is Laef My fiancee is incarcerated in the utah state prison on a 1 to 15 she has been in r and o for over a month her spirits are better than i would expect both our hearts are broken i cant see her or call her due to infractions She is the most amazing women ive ever meet and i miss her unbelievably bad 5 months before she sees the board God bless her.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:29 AM

Default What do women want when released from prison after 7 years

Ok I have know my girlfriend for 14 years she's been in prison for 7 years we been talking very often for over a Yeah I asked her out 9 months ago she's gonna move in with me when she's out in 5 months but my question are Edgar should I expect with her? What do 27 year old women fresh out of prison want need... what have others girlfriends wanted food? Shopping? Shower? Sex? Party? Fun? What do they want or expect? I would ask but she is shy and will not tell me everything like the sex part or anything along those lines so what do they want? Also West should I expect living with her anything that's not normal?
Old 09-16-2016, 12:39 PM

I overlooked this section of the forum when I joined a few months ago. My name's Frank. My wife has been incarcerated since 1994. We don't expect her to be released. I've found good friends and great people who understand our problems here. Everyone with someone inside will find PTO a valuable resource.
The Following User Says Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-16-2016)
Old 09-16-2016, 01:10 PM

My guy just got sentenced to 27 months (18 more to go) and is currently waiting to be sent to Memphis FCI from OKC Transfer Center. I found this site searching for information on Memphis FCI (which I still cant find any information on so if anyone has some it will be greatly appreciated). I'm located in MO. It'll be cool to meet people from there too.
The Following User Says Thank You to ssh273 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-16-2016)
Old 09-16-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanLau1214 View Post
My guy just got sentenced to 27 months (18 more to go) and is currently waiting to be sent to Memphis FCI from OKC Transfer Center. I found this site searching for information on Memphis FCI (which I still cant find any information on so if anyone has some it will be greatly appreciated). I'm located in MO. It'll be cool to meet people from there too.
Welcome! You'll find friendship, support, empathy, advice and understanding here. I did. Here's a link to help you get started learning about Memphis FCI info:

https://www.google.com/search?q=memp...utf-8&oe=utf-8
The Following User Says Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2016, 01:01 PM

Hi my name is Brandon my wife is heading to prisonits been a long up and down hill battle though all the court sessions my actually found this site and has found great help from the members here hoping I can find help here when needed as she did
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubbles Husband For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-17-2016), missingdee (11-17-2016)
Old 11-17-2016, 01:30 PM
She's Home! Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 4,871 Times in 1,917 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles Husband View Post
Hi my name is Brandon my wife is heading to prisonits been a long up and down hill battle though all the court sessions my actually found this site and has found great help from the members here hoping I can find help here when needed as she did
Welcome Brandon, I hope that you will be able to find the support and guidance you seek here. We look forward to hearing more from you.
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
Old 11-17-2016, 03:11 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,115 Times in 11,744 Posts

I'm glad you joined Prison Talk Brandon, welcome.
Old 11-19-2016, 06:05 PM

I overlooked this introduction thread, but I just wanted to post something. I have known my best friend since April last year and she has been incarcerated since May 2014. Hopefully she will be home in 11 months. I'm grateful for the discussions here. They helped me better understand what she is going through, and how I can be a better friend for her. Sometimes I read things others have written and then some little thing i noticed just clicks like the doors opening at visitation. I'm thankful for that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K6770 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-20-2016), missingdee (05-11-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 02:49 AM
DezeysWife

Smile Hi Everyone

My name is Lisa I am a former inmate of Florence McClure Women's Correctional Center from 2014 and now my wife D Barcus "DEZEY" (We did not meet in Prison), We met in Salvation Army Rehab...LOL So I was just worried about her and missing her. So I feel like talking about her to people who understand what she and I are going through is somehow making me feel connected and a little better now that I found an outlet to open up this side of me...
Wheew that was long sorry. So thanks for the forum.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lisachurch1982 For This Useful Post:
missingdee (05-11-2017), moonhanger (11-02-2017)
Old 03-11-2018, 09:36 AM

Default New here

A friend of mine has just been sentenced to 1 to 2 years at the NC womens prison on drug charges. I've been trying to find out more about the prison like what I am allowed to send her and there isn't a lot on their website about it. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 03-15-2018, 04:28 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,115 Times in 11,744 Posts

Here is a link to the NC Prisons Information for families web page. There are other links on the right side of the page about sending money, sending inmate packages, visitation, etc.
https://www.ncdps.gov/adult-correcti...amily-services
Old 03-16-2018, 05:56 AM

Thanks, I found that but I needed details like how many books and such. At the jail she was in, they were limited to 3 books at a time and paperbacks only. I called the NCCIW and was told up to 5 books at a time, no bigger than 8-1/2 by 11 and no more than 2" thick. If they have those specifics, why aren't they listed on the website so we don't send in 6 books and have them sent back because we don't know their requirements?

She also was limited to five pictures at a time in the jail. I still don't know what happens if I send 6 to the prison or if they have a limit or not.

I just wish if they have rules like the ones for the books they would post them so we don't have to to call to find out.

I have enough stress dealing with her being gone to have to worry about this.

[quote=fbopnomore;7708287]Here is a link to the NC Prisons Information for families web page. There are other links on the right side of the page about sending money, sending inmate packages, visitation, etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to Leighsfriend For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-16-2018)
Old 08-21-2018, 07:04 AM

Default I hope to come back here, time and time again

I met my gf from one of those prison pen pal sites. I had my guard up. Just started writing. It started out slow. Ive known her just over a year now. Ive visited her twice now. I live about a 4 hour car ride away. We have bonded, connected on every level. We have our phones calls but mainly we txt each other several times a day. She has been down for 17 years and on paper she has 16 to go. We are hoping the law changing soon. Its the manitories holding us back. Ok so heres the kicker...i found her...looked for her. Because i too spent time in prison. I know things. Experienced it. She helps me get through days. We all have our prisons. Thanks guys for having a place to go too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wanderiam For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-21-2018), missingdee (08-21-2018)