Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > CAPITAL PUNISHMENT > Death Row & Capital Punishment Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Death Row & Capital Punishment Discussions Discussions relating to inmates on Death Row / facing capital punishment in the United States and abroad that don't fit into any of the other forums

Old 05-21-2007, 01:57 PM

Default need some more help everyone - CLF/rehab question

hello all its me again with another problem. First and foremost I would like to thank everyone for their informative post thus far, and just the responses of support and warm welcome here I recieved from you all is more than I ever recieved from my own family. thank you. Well theres a new chapter in my saga , my man filed a petition to the alchohal and drug administration on 5/16, well I just checked the maryland state judiciary site and it appears the petition was denied, the very next day. So my question to you all is doesnt it usuallt take a while for the judge to come to thar decision? from what I understood there was suppose to be an evaluation of him and everything. I havent spoke to my man since last friday, because theres a block on my line that I just got lifted, (btw that correctional billing service is a complete rip off) so I really dont know what has been done. and since last friday apparently he has been moved to CLF from MRDCC, I found that out by searching vinelink.Is there anything else that can be done? like the filing of another petiton or maybe a "habeus corpus"? whatever that is. Im just loosing my patience with this all, I want him home so bad and he sincerely wanted to go to rehab for his drinking and smoking pcp addiction, so this whole thing is a real blow, I dont even know if he knows the outcome.Does anyone have any guys in CLF?, how is it there ? I heard it was laid back and are the visits contact? and does anyone have the address to write to them?
-thanks a plenty and god bless
Ashley.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2007, 10:10 PM
Libra & Leo 2gether 4ever

Default Info about CLF

Hey Jaysgirl82 I dont have any info about the appeals process but y boyfriend use to be at CLF but he was transfered 2 mos ago but any ways CLF is a really laid back place. You stand in a line which is outside then you go to the booth where you tell the who you are visiting and they look up that person and get your license to see if it match with his visitation list and if it does then they give you a little sheet with hisnae and DOC# were you then take it inside to the visiting room which has metal detectors that you have to pass through but you only get 2 chances to pass through so take off everything you think might set it off because they pick up everything so be sure not to wear undwire bras. Once you get through the metal detectors they do a quick hand search which isn't bad at all and if you pass that then they will assign you to a table were you wait for your man to come down. The visits are 2 hrs long and they are contact visits plus the CO's really don't say to much about anything. Also you can bring up to 10 dollars in bills and a bag full of change so you can get things from the vending machine. As for how to write put his name and his DOC# and the address which is 7301 Buttercup Road, Sykesville MD 21784 and there phone # is (410)781-4444 which you should call to see if his visitation is ok before driving there because I have been a couple of times and could not get in, but thats pretty much it but if you need more info then PM me.

Last edited by Tazlova2001; 05-21-2007 at 10:12 PM..
Old 05-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Big Daddy's Wife

You could file for a Sentence Modification under MD Rule 4-345, if that hasnt been done, and request a General Health Evaluation under MD Rules 8-505 thru 8-508. Read the rules and make sure it pertains to him but he is supposed to be evaluated for a substance abuse problems, and the evaluator makes a recommendation to the courts. That motion would be filed with the court where he was convicted.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:04 PM

Thanked 1,054 Times in 877 Posts
Angry TX Execution set for Virgil Martinez, 28th

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/6232576.html

TX Execution set for Virgil Martinez, 28th
Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:20PM

Execution set for Wednesday for convicted killer
By MICHAEL GRACZYK Associated Press Writer © 2009 The Associated Press
Jan. 27, 2009

HUNTSVILLE, Texas — When a man ranting about voices telling him to kill was picked up by police in Del Rio and taken to a state hospital for a mental evaluation, authorities didn't know he already was being sought for a rampage that left four people dead more than 300 miles away.

Two weeks later, authorities determined the man in the Kerrville State Hospital was Virgil Martinez, a fugitive Houston security guard. Martinez had given them a fake name when he was brought in for mental health treatment that prosecutors said was a ruse to evade police trying to find him.

On Wednesday, Martinez, 41, was set to die for the October 1996 fatal shootings of his ex-girlfriend, her two small children and a neighbor at a trailer home outside Alvin in Brazoria County, south of Houston.

Veronica Fuentes, 27, had been shot 14 times; her 5-year-old son, Joshua, five times; his sister, Casandra, 3, three times; and John Gomez, 18, eight times. Gomez had been helping the woman watch her kids. Before dying, he identified the gunman as Fuentes' former boyfriend.

Martinez would be the fourth Texas inmate executed this year and the first of two on consecutive nights this week.
The Following User Says Thank You to whisky 23 For This Useful Post:
JJS811 (01-28-2009)
Old 01-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,610 Times in 1,594 Posts

Seems like it will go ahead, unless there is a last minute stay. DPIC is showing it as going ahead too.

America - land of the free, home of the incarcerated.

The USA has 5% of the worlds population and 25% of the the worlds prisoners.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:49 PM

Man set to die tonight for quadruple murder
(Brazoria County Facts © 01/28/2009)
When a man ranting about voices telling him to kill was picked up by police in Del Rio and taken to a state hospital for a mental evaluation, authorities didn?t know he already was being sought for a rampage that left four people dead in Brazoria County. Two weeks later, authorities determined the man in the Kerrville State Hospital was Virgil Martinez, a fugitive Houston security guard. Martinez
Old 01-28-2009, 02:50 PM

Execution set for Wednesday for convicted killer
(Beaumont Enterprise © 01/28/2009)
HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP) -- Neighbors watched in horror while a gunman repeatedly shot 27-year-old Veronica Fuentes as she fell to her knees in the front yard outside her trailer home in Brazoria County, south of Houston. The carnage would get worse. "Anybody that saw these two little kids, laying out like cordwood with a bullet in their heads, shot for no reason - that sort of sticks with you,"