Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Indiana Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Indiana.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:00 PM

Default Need info on IDOC Rockville IN

My daughter was sentence to Rockville for 2 yrs do 1. For drinking and driving. This is all new to me. Does anybody know anything about this prison? Pro's and cons? I find out today you can't put a sticker on there mail in will be returned.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2011, 12:51 AM

Thanked 2,325 Times in 1,203 Posts

Welcome to PTO Debi! Info on Rockville can be found HERE. You've found the info on PTO already I see. There's also a section on PTO for parents of incarcerated children HERE. I hope you find the support and answers you need here. If there is anything I can do to help please feel free to PM me by clicking on my name and clicking on send private message. I hope this helps get you started and again, welcome to PTO

Snowwolf
Old 02-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Just a SIMPLE Hedgehog

Debi,
I have a friend at Rockville for the same type of thing. Will your daughter be serving her entire time there or is she just there for the intake process? I think everyone goes there for evaluation and then gets assigned a "home prison" after a few weeks. From what I know, a lot of non-violent felons get moved to someplace like Madison which is a lower security level.

I don't know a huge amount about life in Rockville I'm afraid and most of what I do know comes under the "cons" category rather than "pros". They have JPay terminals there though which can be quite handy for keeping in touch, you may want to get an account setup if you don't already have one and you will be able to send emails. Make sure your daughter puts you on her visitors list! You have to be on the inamtes list in order to put money on their books, they just cracked down HARD on this rule at RCF and (according to my friend) around 70% of the women there were blocked from receiving money via JPay.

I've not had any mail rejected by RCF but I never put stickers, glitter etc. on the envelopes. I frequently include pictures though and they seem fine with all that.

Every couple of weeks the women who have no write ups get to get some better food if they have the money on their books to do so. This is a definite highlight n my friends routine!

I was asking all these types of questions in here a few months ago and a few very helpful folks posted more detailed replies, so just look for any threads with Rockville in the title.

Good luck to you both

- SH
The Following User Says Thank You to SimpleHedgehog For This Useful Post:
Snowwolf (02-17-2011)