Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California: County & City Jail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California: County & City Jail Discussions Topics & Discussions relating to County & City Jails in California.

Old 02-24-2018, 08:08 AM

Unhappy Theo Lacy- Please help with money order/commissary question

Hi everyone, Iíve ended up on this site a few times while googling for information and have finally signed up as I have a question about sending a Theo Lacy inmate money.

Iíve sent my husband money using money orders from USPS a number of times, (twice a month or more,) but I missed the post office closing on Thursday last week (9 days ago today) and wound up sending a MoneyGram money order instead- I sent it at the same time as a regular letter, which he received on Thursday this past week. (Obviously I addressed the money order to the jail not to him directly, but being the same building I think itís safe to assume they arrived at the same time.)

The money order hasnít hit his commissary yet and Iím finding myself really stressed out as I promised myself heíd never have to get another welfare pack again.

Iím desperately wanting to know whether or not anyone can tell me if theyíve had an issue like this before OR alternatively if theyíve had a Money Gram money order accepted at Theo Lacy in recent history? It would really help me to know one way or the other.

Thank you in advance to anyone who tries to help; if that turns out to be no one I will update this thread when it either appears in his account or I guess is mailed back to me.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2018, 09:05 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,819 Times in 2,086 Posts

Hello and welcome to Prison Talk - glad you decided to join & post

I haven't used money orders myself, so I am speculating here; if he received your letter on Thursday, and it is only Saturday today - depending on the mailroom and how quick or slow they handle money orders could it be possible that they have received it...maybe they just didn't manage to process it before the weekend?

Hopefully it'll hit his commissary soon though...I know it can be frustrating having to wait Good luck & keep us posted