Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Ohio that do not fit into any other Ohio sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-04-2005, 03:56 PM

Christy,

How very kind of you to ask. As a matter of fact I recieved a letter from him yesterday. He was recently transferred to another facility in SC and he's doing well. We stay in touch on a regular basis. I miss him a lot and hope to see him in June. Thanks so much for inquiring. How are you and your loved ones doing? I wish you and yours well. Please keep in touch. You can PM me anytime.

Shawna
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygal
How's it going? have you heard much from him? is he doing well? We are here for you to vent and for support.....
Christy
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2005, 10:56 AM
happy grandma

Good to hear he's doing well and you sound good. Wow June, that not far away!!
I just became a grandma, yep my 18 yr old daughter found out she is 7 weeks, I'm all full of emotions, happy of course, but I worry she's so young and they are not married yet and don't even have their own place. But it will all work out.
keep in touch
Christy
Old 02-07-2005, 09:14 AM

Christy,
CONGRATULATIONS!! How exciting for you. I wish you and your family the best of luck. Raising a child is not an easy task for anyone. Lots of advice, encouragement, and support is the one thing she's going to need plenty of. Once again congrats, and keep me posted.
Shawna
Old 02-25-2005, 09:34 AM

Default I'm the next new kid

Hi Everyone,

I came across this site while looking for information regarding this entire journey. My boyfriend has been in for 3 years and we have another 4 to do. no chance of getting out early either. But we stay strong. I have become his biggest cheerleader. He's in LECI and my goal right now is to make our life while he's in as comfortable as I can. Any help and support that I can give to those of you out there that need it, I'm here.
Old 03-02-2005, 09:04 PM

hi there, i am gail, my grandson is in crc right now waiting to be sent who knows where. he has a baby girl 1 yr old now, she is my great granddaughter that i am raising now that he is in there. he is 18 yrs old, never in trouble except juvenile and was sent to 20 years /attemped complicity robbery????????????? i am fighting to get this retried. we have an appeal already started but you know they can take forever. there is alot more to this story but now is not the time i guess..
Old 03-08-2005, 03:50 AM

Hello,
My name is Heide - new to this site, new to this life. My fiancee just sentenced to 3 years. First time - totally unexpected. I have 5 kids, the 2 youngest (2 & 5months) are Justins. I never been on a site with threads and forums etc, so trying to figure it out. He was in county during the birth of our baby, then CRC and after a couple days then sent him to Montgomery Education and PreRelease Center. Don't know to much of what that's about. He was doing a petty misdemeanor - police go to pull him over, he stops, the cop car behind him didn't.He runs,they chase- no mercy when police get hurt. Nice to find this site - just reading from others is comforting. Don't know how to handle this now, never been on my own before.
A Little Lost Now - Heide

Last edited by HeideH; 03-08-2005 at 03:53 AM..
Old 03-08-2005, 06:14 AM
Prayerful Ohio Member
Donation Award 

(((Heidi))) Welcome to PTO...I'm glad you found us There's so much information to absorb. So much support, understanding, compassion is here whenever you need it. You are not alone, we are here with you. God Bless you & yours. Sabrena

"...for this too shall pass..."
Old 03-08-2005, 07:39 AM
Closed

Hi Everyone
My name is Kelly and I live in Westlake, OH with my cat, Spencer. My sweetie is at Grafton. This is all very new to me - I never thought I'd find Mr. Right behind bars - but I have.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:14 PM
marko46

HEY YOU ALL! Bet you thought I'd dropped off the earth, not yet. My son Dylan is stil going through psych interviews. He's instructed his atty. not to give me any info. unless he instrucks him to. So I don't know much. I still don't think he gets it. I took him to the pain clinic 2 weeks ago and he ends up asking me if I wanted some of his Moriphine. I said hell no, I'm back with Michelle who I was engaged to, clean and sober and he wants company in his misery? Any way, when I know something to let you all know, I will. In the mean time God bless all of you, you're still in my prayers. See yaaaaaaaaaaaa, Mark
Old 03-19-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Hello everyone

I'm from Milford Ohio. My boyfrieds in PCI(Pickaway) for five years. I get to see him four times a month. I go up for a couple hours every week. I miss him like crazy, and I write him everyday.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:35 PM
Banned

Welcome back Mark.. We have missed ya!! I am glad that your son is still going through psych interviews I hope you know more whats going on with him. I am glad that your back with Michelle. I will keep you & your son in my prayers and Good luck & Take care!!
Old 03-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Banned

Welcome Taylor to the Ohio thread... My husband is also at PCI too. If you need anything please feel free to PM me anytime. I know a lot of information and all plus they have been changing the rules and everything down there... So hang in there & good luck!! You came to the right place.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betrayed_4_life
Let's get to know one another! Please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us a little about you and/or your loved one. You can give as little or as much information about yourself as you would like - but let's get things rolling and make our Ohio Forum a true "family".

My name is Bob aka Kardiackid. I served 10 years in Mansfield & Lucasville. I came home on March 1st of 2000. Now my only connection to the prison system is trying to help a couple buddies endure what is left of their sentences. I am married and have 2 boys since I have come home (2&4). If anyone is in need of info on either of those 2 prisons, feel free to contact me and I will help anyway that I can.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:36 PM
waiting for my heart

welcome bob, hope the rest of your life is happy healthy and loving with your wife and kids. You give us hope that our men can suceed.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:33 PM

Hi! I don't know if I really belong here-have read a few posts though and thought I'd
join. I'm 33 now, single mother of a 12 year old, and when I was 18 (?wow, so long ago and yet kinda feels like yesterday) I had a brief thing with someone who made me feel like I'd found "the one". It was very brief though, he was sent away (17 at time) and though I wrote to him for awhile, life happened and it was years before I saw him again(4 actually) at a store where I was working. I knew from the butterflies inside it was him but that was last time I saw him. It was days after that though that he got into trouble , and has been at Lebanon Correctional since. I don't know what made me just now (though I've thought about him over the years) look him up online(prisoner search for ohio) but something won't let this out of my head. I want to write - just a friendly something to let him know I was thinking about him and if he'd like to write back... I can't imagine how lonely it is, and I know his family (small town) - I don't think they have anything to do with him. I don't know??? What do I say, "hi-it's been 15 years but thought you may need a friend now?" Just not sure but something won't let me forget about it.
Thanks for listening !
Old 04-04-2005, 01:03 PM
waiting for my heart

welcome to PTO. If you want to write then write to him. It can't hurt. Just don't be disappointed if he doesn't write back. Good luck
Old 04-04-2005, 03:31 PM

wow- I never thought about being disappointed if no reply-until I read your post - Just thinking of no reply disappointed me.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:10 AM
Coast2Coast PTO Member

Welcome to PTO Shaksy.. I agree with Ravenslove.. Write to him.. but as she said don't get your hopes up, because you may be disappointed.. As for me, my honey went in after I moved out of state, I found him a few years later from the inmate search.. it took me about a month to get the nerve to write him.. So in my opinion I say do it.. At least it will get it off your chest.. if you ever need someone to talk to , feel free to pm me!!! Good luck!

TeRe
Old 04-06-2005, 11:07 PM

Hi my name is Christie aka shadswifey. I live near columbus. My fiance Shad is doing 5 1/2 years. He just got moved to lancaster. We have been together for four years and we are trying to get married while he is in there. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about mandatory time or if anyone knows anyone in lancaster or anything about lancaster....thanks
Old 04-25-2005, 12:46 AM
Missing my poppie!

Smile

Hello everyone my name is Rachel, I am 25 years old,the mother of 3 wonderful sons Cody 9, Camron 6, and Cayne 4. My fiance is doing time in Noble Correctional. He is serving a 1 year sentence for conveyens! A year don't sound like much but to us everyday feels like forever! He has a history of being in and out of prison he did 5 years beginning when he was 18, was out for 18 months and went back for 71/2 years he caught this case while doing the 71/2 years in MANCI. He was only out for 4 months before having to go back in for this year, but I thank God everyday for that 4 months that we were able to share together. We was together 10 years ago between his first and second times in, we split up shortly before he went in the second time,we both went on he got married and had a child, and I had 3. He got divorsed a year into his 71/2 years.I got out of a abusive 8 year relationship about 6 months before he was released, I went with a friend to pick him up, they had been writing back and forth while he was locked up, but the minute he stepped out of the van that brought him around I knew I had love'd him for the past 10 years! We got back together 3 days later!! I've never been so happy in my life as I am now that I have him in my life! We plan to marry as soon as he's released, hopefully in july if this judicial goes threw if not his out date is Christmas day!! What a Christmas present that will be!! We write everyday, and talk on the phone 3 or 4 times a week, and I just finally got to see him for the first time in 4 months 2 weeks ago it was great! In fact I get to go see him tomarrow!! I'm very excited!! Anyways I'm new, but I really think it's great to be able to have such great people to talk to that is going threw the same thing as I am, noone else seems to understand what it's like unless you there or have been there yourself! I am looking forward to talking with you all and getting to know you all as well! May God bless each and everyone of you! My hopes and prayers are with you all as well is you'r loved ones. I hope everything works out for you all! Sorry I made this a little long
Old 05-02-2005, 11:59 AM
Waiting Almost Patiently

hi. My name is Kris. i'm 24 years old. My husband is currently in LCI serving a 17 month sentence. We've been married for 6 years and have 2 children together. Our son is 4 and our daughter is 2. nice to meet everyone !

I'm a BIG PS2 gamer so i have to quote from Final Fantasy X.

"Now! This is it! Now is when to choose! Either die, and be free of pain, or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" --Auron
Old 05-02-2005, 04:23 PM
Queen of Dylan's Heart

Hey todd's girl, welcome, my guy was in lorain, then got sent to richland, then north central, hope to talk to ya soon, c ya around!
Old 05-03-2005, 10:26 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaksy
What do I say, "hi-it's been 15 years but thought you may need a friend now?" Just not sure but something won't let me forget about it.
Thanks for listening !
Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself (since I just joined PTO today ) and reply to Shaksy's question...
My boyfriend is also in LeCI and he also was my first love (we met when I was 16 & he was 18). Over a year ago, I was looking on the Ohio Offender Search site for a relative of mine and just typed in my old bf's name to see if anything would come up, and sure enough there he was...locked up 5 miles from my house. So I wrote him a letter to let him know that I "found out" he was there and if he needed a friend he could write me back. To make a long story short, we wrote 2-3 times a week, then the phone calls started a few months later, then the weekly visits to see him, and now we're planning a wedding for 2006. Before I wrote that first letter, I thought long and hard about it for a month or two and something wouldn't let me forget about it either. So write him Shaksy, sometimes our hearts are smarter than our brains!
Good luck!!
Old 05-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Missing my Honey

Hi everyone! My name is Martha..I am 23 and I have a 4 year old (Dylan)...I live in Houston, Texas but...I have family and friends in prisons. In Ohio and Florida. My 22 yr old brother is at Gulf C.I. in Wewahitchka, Fl. He will be home in October 05! My favorite cousin, is at New River East Correctional in Raiford, Fl. His release date is November 2012. Very sad! And, last my friend Bobby is at at Lebanon C.I. in Lebanon, Ohio. He will be out in 2006!! I think him and I will be together when he gets out....We were good friends a long time ago and lost touch. Then I heard he was in prison and found out which one...so I started writing him about a year and a half ago! He let me know that he was falling in love with me and hoped we could be together when he got home! I am still pondering it..but I think it could work out for the best!

Thanks for listening! I am glad I found this website!! Nobody really understands when I talk about friends and family in prison! So, I am glad to have people who can relate to me!
Old 05-09-2005, 03:22 PM
Coast2Coast PTO Member

Welcome to PTO, fate4us and Martha!!!!!