Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Carolina General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in North Carolina that do not fit into any other North Carolina sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:18 AM

I could use a friend in a similar situation so y'all feel free to PM me. My man is at foothills ci in the STG program. He gets out in 16 1/2 months. I live in Fayetteville. My brother is also locked up he is in Sampson ci he gets out in aug.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2012, 11:01 PM

I'm in Charlotte and my fiance is at Spruce Pine
Old 02-13-2012, 11:28 PM

From Charlotte here. My man is in Alexander CI
Old 02-29-2012, 08:51 PM

My husband is at Craven, not for processing, put in regular population. He requested to go to Sampson Correctional but they did not have the bed space so Craven is where is went. Hopefully he will make it to Sampson soon as it would be a 10 minute drive. Right now I am driving 2hours one way.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:18 PM
Loving and Missing him

hi, my my hubby is in butner FCI 2
Old 04-15-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootie16 View Post
I'm in Charlotte and my fiance is at Spruce Pine
Which facility in Spruce Pine? Medium or minimum custody level?
Old 04-15-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreah View Post
Hey... my b/f is in spruce pine NC.. he has been in 6 months and has 4 years and 6 months left... it would really be helpful to have a friend that's going through the same thing hit me up anytime.
My husband has requested a transfer to spruce pine. Which camp is your b/f at? I would really like to hear what the camp is like where your b/f is. I live about 30 minutes from spruce pine. Currently my hubby is at Warren, which is a 5 hour drive from here. He has been in for 5 1/2 years and still has 6 1/2 more years to go. So, I'm with you on this.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:07 PM

Question Mtn View, Avery Mitchell, Craggy

My husband has requested a transfer to Mountain View or Avery Mitchell in Spruce Pine or Craggy in Asheville. Does anybody have any information to share about any of these places? I'm desperate to find out about these places from anyone who has a guy there now or who has been there recently.
Old 05-25-2012, 11:57 AM

My guy is now released, but was in both avery mitchell and mountain view, we would be happy to answer any questions you have...
Old 05-25-2012, 11:59 AM

My honey just got out. We are in the Charlotte area, would be more than happy to give you support.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:28 PM

I'm in the Roanoke Rapids area. Hubby is in Kentucky 12 long hours away. Would love to have a fellow "inmate wife" to chat with. Are any of you involved with the fed system?
Old 05-26-2012, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoticangel View Post
My guy is now released, but was in both avery mitchell and mountain view, we would be happy to answer any questions you have...
What was your guy's experience like at mountain view? Is it a decent place? How are the guys treated? How are some things your guy didn't like about the place? How is visitation? Do they make the guy sit in certain place at the table? Do they have vending machines? Do they do pictures? Do you have to make an appointment before you visit? How many phone calls are they allowed to make each month? I'm looking for any positive and negative information because the facility he is in now is a medium camp, but the super runs it like a closed camp. It's horrible. Thank you for ANY and ALL information you can provide.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myonlylove95 View Post
I'm in the Roanoke Rapids area. Hubby is in Kentucky 12 long hours away. Would love to have a fellow "inmate wife" to chat with. Are any of you involved with the fed system?
My hubby is 5 hours away right now, which is nothing compared to yours. I do understand though how difficult the distance is on both you. I see my hubby every other week, but the time in between seems like an eternity. He has been in 6 years and has 6 more to go. The strange thing for me is, it's harder on me now emotionally than it was in the beginning. I guess the fact that we are having 12 years taken from us for something he didn't do is really tearing me apart. We are both senior citizens and I have many health problems. He is the love of my life and my fear is I won't be here for him to come home to,but of course I can't let him know that. So I have to stay strong, positive, and upbeat for him. When they give a sentence to an accused person, the sentence is given to his or her family as well. Because if you truly that person, you are serving their sentence right along with them--only on the other side of the fence.

Sorry, I don't know anything about the federal system. Mine is state and in NC it's a screwed up nightmare.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Live and Learn~
Donation Award 

I am in fayetteville if you ever want to get together for coffee and a talk.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:03 PM
Mariot the Lioness

Thumbs down hello my friend is at tyrrell pwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiztidAngel View Post
welcome to PTO...hi, my man is in columbus ci in brunswick nc...also my daughter's father is currently in tyrell work farm...we're from fayetteville...feel free to message me
my friend is in tyrrell now. im in charlotte. at least your not 7 hours away like me.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:07 PM
Mariot the Lioness

Default tyrrell pwf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cndiforever View Post
I live in Charlotte!
yeah if you google it. it says 5-5.5hrs, but if you drive it make it more like 7. my visit are 9am which mean i have to leave at 3am or earlier. i have to work all day, basically no sleep and hit the road and i have to stop and potty and drive red bulls, 5hrs to just get there on time about 15mins till. then you have to turn around and drive back home that same distance back to charlotte, so that is crazy.

let me know what you do and if your friend home yet, maybe we can ride together sometime.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:27 PM

Hi Im Fiance is in Raliegh processing and the off to somewhere pulling a 7-9 yr sentence.Anyone wants to talk i am here and need it myself.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:30 PM

hi I'm new to all of this and my Fiance is just starting his 7-9 yr sentence.its only been since June and I can hardly breath...How do you handle it with him being gone for so long???
Old 02-25-2014, 12:03 PM

Hey I'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone could tell me about Scotland CI. My boyfriend is currently at Bertie CI and wants to move to Scotland to be closer to me. I am worried about him moving because from what I heard it sounds like Scotland is kinda rough and I worry about him having to get adjusted to a new prison. He hates where he is and won't be eligible to move to medium level until August. Hopefully then he will be moved closer but I wish he would just stay where he is for now since he's already established there. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to this whole prison thing and I worry sick about him every day. Thanks!
Old 03-02-2014, 10:58 PM
[url=http://www.tickerclu

Hello, my husband is in Columbus.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:01 AM

I'm near charlotte and my husband is about to go from central to his regular spot, was processed there.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:51 AM

Hello. My boyfriend is at Dan River. It is an hour drive from me.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:55 AM

Default Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall'sGirl View Post
Hey I'm new to this site and was wondering if anyone could tell me about Scotland CI. My boyfriend is currently at Bertie CI and wants to move to Scotland to be closer to me. I am worried about him moving because from what I heard it sounds like Scotland is kinda rough and I worry about him having to get adjusted to a new prison. He hates where he is and won't be eligible to move to medium level until August. Hopefully then he will be moved closer but I wish he would just stay where he is for now since he's already established there. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to this whole prison thing and I worry sick about him every day. Thanks!
I can understand being worried about him being transferred to a new place. My boyfriend is at Dan River and wants to move to Lexington to be closer to me. He has gotten adjusted to things at Dan River and that is where he let God into his life. I told him to pray on it and God will send him there if he needs to go. I don't mind the hour drive and would hate to see him leave an "ok" situation to go to one that may be worse.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:23 PM

Default Looking to talk with people I am new to this

My friend is in nash. He just moved there. Not sure anything about it and I am new to all this. He was currently at a different prison now he is a bit further away
Old 02-28-2017, 01:03 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,031 Times in 988 Posts

Is anyone still here?
My man is being moved to Clinton today. Anyone with experience with regards to visitation there?