Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 02-20-2016, 10:29 AM

Default Visits at SCI Camp Hill are NOT bad!

So, I finally went on my first contact visit and it was at Camp Hill. I've heard that this place was hell. This is why I don't like to make a choice on doing something or going somewhere unless I experience it myself. Yes, guards and COs will be rude or uptight or straight arrogant (whatever you want to call them), but there are also ones that are there to do their job but have respect. Even when my man first got there he was like the guards were just horrible but being there a bit he's learned that not every single one of them are assholes. He knows who he can joke with, who he just won't speak to unless spoken to and all.

I read that some women experienced horrible visits as well. I'm not sure what was so horrible. A prison is a prison, I'm not saying walk in there all chipper but if you're walking in with a stink face and speaking with attitude, then you get back what you dish out. The guards that were in the security/check-in area were like perfectly fine. The guard checking in visitors, taking calls, buzzing doors and giving locker keys was a bit busy at his position so he may shout at the first person that comes in acting foolish, but he was fine. Going through security the woman and elder gentleman were sweet and not rushing you at all and answered my question.

I read online that you can bring up to fifty bucks in if it were in a baggy or something but nope, no cash once you're in the visiting room. So, in the waiting area, just fill up your card. You can get all your food and drinks and photo cards in the machine with your card you added money on.

When in the visiting area, follow the rules man that is all and you will leave with no problems. If it's no leaning or holding or being all up on each other unless greeting or departing then that's it. I witnessed words being exchanged when I was leaving between a guard and one of the inmates while another guard was just amazed that me and my man were from New York lol. He was like do you scream or run to celebrities, we're like no lol he said I would. He seen my man's last name and asked him his background and he told him and asked me mine and before I could answer, my man goes beautiful...I just loved the visit, no drama, no anything and I stuffed him like a turkey lol.

Camp Hill is not bad for visits nor for your loved one. Your loved one just gotta know the COs will try to get under their skin and NOT to allow them. Gotta have thick skin. Also, stand clear of those that are just miserable and they'll be great. As for visits, DO NOT argue with the guards, that's COMMON SENSE. Guys feel embarrassed when they are spoken to like nothing when others are around and try not to back down, but just be quiet or don't do what you weren't suppose to do. Things will run a smooth course if you think before reacting.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Janinyc For This Useful Post:
bobble60 (02-21-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janinyc View Post
I read online that you can bring up to fifty bucks in if it were in a baggy or something but nope, no cash once you're in the visiting room. So, in the waiting area, just fill up your card. You can get all your food and drinks and photo cards in the machine with your card you added money on.
I will be visiting for my first time soon. There were so many rules on the site but I think I got them all (especially the one not to wear metal underwire bras!) So we can bring money in just to fill up the card? That's good. Thank you for clarifying that.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting4him123 View Post
I will be visiting for my first time soon. There were so many rules on the site but I think I got them all (especially the one not to wear metal underwire bras!) So we can bring money in just to fill up the card? That's good. Thank you for clarifying that.
No problem, it's a lot of rules but as long as you follow them you're good. If you forgot something or wearing anything they don't allow, you're turned away and don't bother questioning why or asking if they can let you go this once. That no metal underwired bras is the worse lol but females be in the bathroom tearing them bras apart when they beep. I bought some push up sports bras and left it at that lol

And yep you can put however much money on the card while in the waiting room and put the rest of your money in your locker or just leave it in your car.
The Following User Says Thank You to Janinyc For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2016, 11:53 AM

Do you know about taking photos in the photo both? I think I read you can't bring money into the visit except to put on the card so how are you supposed to use money in the photo booth?
Old 04-13-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiting4him123 View Post
Do you know about taking photos in the photo both? I think I read you can't bring money into the visit except to put on the card so how are you supposed to use money in the photo booth?

Yeah, I went on a visit today and told my honey to cut his hair and trim his beard and be ready to smile and get in there to see he did just that like he's about to take prom pictures (lol)...just to see the photo card machine said no photos today. Omg, I was so upset. We asked what happened and the guy said the printer was not working plus they working on bringing in the photo booth there. I may go visit next week and the following week or just the following week. Either way I was like keep that hair trimmed just in case the printer is working again before the booth come. Also, I heard the best visiting days are Mondays and Wednesdays...4-5 hour visit, LOVED EVERY SECOND!!!
Old 03-13-2017, 06:13 PM

Not bad at all, I was extremely nervous to go for my first visit and it was exceptional. When you arrive make sure you have a 5$ bill to buy the card for the vending machines. You will have $3.75 on and then can add more money. The machine only accepts 5's and 1's there is a change machine but the highest bill that one accepts is $20.

Make sure you know your loved ones inmate number, they will ask you that when signing up. They will then give you a key (the locker are free!)

Your loved ones name will be called and that is when you go through security. You take off your shoes and jewelry first. Hand them your paper (they give it to you at sign up) they will then scan your hands and pant pockets for drug residue and after that you walk through a metal detector. I have visited 3 times and each time all the CO's have been nice and actually joke around. You then walk outside to go to your visitation room. In there you give the CO the paper and you get to hug your loved one and kiss them. After that you pick out where you want to sit, and there you have it!

It is very casual in there and I have loved each of my visits. Don't worry about going to visitation, it is not bad there at all, just like she said!!