Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 10-31-2004, 09:20 AM

Default Can convicted felon write, or call a convicted felon he is engaged to?

I posted earlier about convicted felon visting inmate, and I was told highly unlikely, even tho they are engaged. My next question is can he call and write her? She was convicted for NOT reporting him! If he can not write or call, can he send her letters to me and me forward them to her, and same for phone calls, can he call her at my number? He is in detention now, and she has not missed a visit for 7 months!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2004, 10:20 AM

I was in the same situation, times 2 except that I am not in my man's PSI, we were denied visitation for many years, at first the phone was an issue, but after his first transfer, that went away. Writing was never a problem, and unless there is a specific "no contact" order I don't think it will be. After many years I was finally given visits, I had had no arrests, new cases for a decade, but these were "special" visits. Now I may be getting on his list. In my prior situation, which was a very long time ago, with my x, I was in the PSI and there was a no contact, so there was literally no contact, The BOP policy doesn't preclude visitation automaticlly for those who have been convicted, but they make it damn hard. I have had some success writing the warden, depends on the institution. Your going to have to make a case for yourself, prove your a good influence. In my case he has no family contact, no other means of support, I'm it.As you are finding out, being a girlfriend, engaged or not doesn't get you any respect from the BOP. Good Luck!
Old 10-31-2004, 05:27 PM

Here's their situation, she will likely be on probation, he will likely serve time in federal prison, or camp. Which one would be ordered the "no contact"?
Old 10-31-2004, 05:35 PM
Account Closed

If one is ordered no contact, the other most likely will be too.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:15 PM
Princess is home!

Red face

Usally when on Probhation one is not supposed to have any contact with other felons however once off there is not reason they could not contact each other by phone or mail unless there is the no contact order in place. I have a felony and i was approved on the visting list however i was first denied and then I had to have it appealed i showed them i had a full time job and was in school and had not gotten in trouble with anything including a speeding ticket and the approved me. Took quite a few months though.