Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Headed to Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Headed to Prison Dedicated to those who are facing incarceration. What to expect; what you can do to prepare; Q&A's; support.

Old 07-07-2008, 12:16 PM

Default Just returned from 4 month sentence at FPC:Pensacola. Very good place to serve time.

Very good place to be, it's a work camp but for the amount of freedom you have it's not bad.Recreation activities took up most of my time, along with work but the individuals that are there, seem to be good guys.It was tough being away from my wife and 2 kids.That was the hardest part.Anyone thats heading there or has a loved one there I'll be glad to talk with them about life there or if I know there loved one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kellum For This Useful Post:
Queensett (09-27-2008), Ronicky1122 (08-13-2008)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Banned

Welcome back! Congrats on being back out in the world and good luck!
Old 07-07-2008, 02:55 PM
---------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,489 Times in 3,829 Posts

Welcome home!
Old 07-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,385 Times in 1,088 Posts

Welcome Home!

Patti
Old 08-13-2008, 07:22 PM

Did you have to do the whole 4 months,I waiting to self surrender in Florida,Tampa area. I don"t know where i"m gong. I was sentenced July 18 and still don"t know nothing,i would appreciate any feed back

Thanks Ron
Old 09-09-2008, 03:31 PM

Default Would like more information about Pensacola

Hi, Thank you for your post. My husband is going to be sentenced here soon and we're trying to decide where to ask for even though we know he may not get it. Would you mind telling me more about what it was like there? Do they offer email and phone calls daily? Visitation ok and often? As much as you can tell me, I'd so appreciate it. Right now we're trying to decide between Morgantown, WV, Ashland KY, or Pensacola because I will move wherever he goes. We use to live in Florida, southeast side. My husband is 52 and may have 5-10 years to serve. Thank you so much for your input. It is greatly appreciated!!
Old 09-09-2008, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnAJourney View Post
Hi, Thank you for your post. My husband is going to be sentenced here soon and we're trying to decide where to ask for even though we know he may not get it. Would you mind telling me more about what it was like there? Do they offer email and phone calls daily? Visitation ok and often? As much as you can tell me, I'd so appreciate it. Right now we're trying to decide between Morgantown, WV, Ashland KY, or Pensacola because I will move wherever he goes. We use to live in Florida, southeast side. My husband is 52 and may have 5-10 years to serve. Thank you so much for your input. It is greatly appreciated!!
Hi. I would have sent you a PM, but don't know how. Anyway my husband self surrendered to FPC Pensacola on Aug 20. He was originally assigned to Coleman and the morning of Aug 20 at 9:30 am he received a call to report to Pensacola by 2 pm. He had to book a flight and was told when he called that he needed to report by midnight. He was very scared but he has adjusted to the place. He's mostly bored all the time. He had to wait a month for medical clearance to finally be able to do some job at the Eglin AFB which is 73 miles away. He will start going there this Friday. I don't know much about any other places, but there is a lot of freedom at Pensacola. The food isn't that bad and a lot for the inmates to do. It's on the naval base and the guys are allowed to roam around as long as they let a guard know where they're going. There is no email but the inmates can purchase a phone card ($69) for 300 minutes a month and calls can be made anytime. My husband told me the guys there are decent and no trouble makers. Any other questions I will gladly try to answer them. I wish you and your husband the best of luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ronicky1122 For This Useful Post:
Queensett (09-27-2008)
Old 09-09-2008, 09:15 PM

Welcome home.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellum View Post
Very good place to be, it's a work camp but for the amount of freedom you have it's not bad.Recreation activities took up most of my time, along with work but the individuals that are there, seem to be good guys.It was tough being away from my wife and 2 kids.That was the hardest part.Anyone thats heading there or has a loved one there I'll be glad to talk with them about life there or if I know there loved one.
Welcome back hope all is well?
Old 09-24-2008, 03:58 PM

Default Need info on Pensacola

Hi...congrats on your release and welcome back. I just read your post on returning from FPC Pensacola. I believe I will be designated there soon. Just trying to get a general idea of what to expect during my stay. If you don't mind, maybe you could give me a general overview of Pensacola ie...what to expect upon reporting,conditions, housing, inmate and C/O attitudes, jobs available, commissary, priveledges, etc. I know it may be alot to ask but I am trying to empower my self with knowledge. Also need to give my wife some peace of mind. Don't really know how I will explain to my 6 yo son and 16 yo daughter. Will cross that bridge later. Maybe we could even talk on the phone? Could be easier than e-mail. FYI...got 21 mos for filing a false tax return. Any info would be helpful. Much thanks in advance.

Greg
Old 09-26-2008, 08:22 AM
Donation Award 

Welcome Home!!

Thanks for this information, it will help others who are headed there.
Then shall they also answer him saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, or a thirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall He answer them saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. Matthew 25:44-45
Old 09-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome Home. I just was there for a visit in Aug. It was nice considering the circumstances. He is trying to make the most of it. Im going back down on Friday 10/3 for the weekend
Old 09-27-2008, 11:13 PM

Thanked 5,157 Times in 2,377 Posts

Are you actually allowed to request a particular place? I thought that they just sent you to wherever there was a bed for your particular security level.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:50 AM

Hi Kellum - That's great news to hear as my fiance is due to self surrender at FPC Pensacola in just 12 days. I'm new to the site just looking for general info and support. Your post has definitely put me at ease knowing that he is going to a good camp. Any info you can give me about Pensacola FPC would be great! -TSJ
Old 05-23-2009, 02:03 PM

Good luck out there!