Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:52 PM

Default 120 month sentence, has completed drug program, how much time to serve?

Hey I'm in need of a little help if someone is sentenced to 120 months 10 years) in a federal prison how much time do they actually pull if the have completed the drug program that bop offers
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2015, 09:28 PM

Fed sentences usually serve 85%. But could be less if they do the RDAP program
Old 10-13-2015, 02:17 AM

You can plan on 85% of it and with extra programs maybe helping on appeals. I don't know what his guidelines are so there may be stipulations in his sentencing specific to him. I'm sure there are lots of people on here with way more info than I have. Good luck!!
Old 10-13-2015, 01:51 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,498 Times in 11,922 Posts

They will earn 470 days of regular "good time" on a 10 year sentence (with a small chance that the bop will change that to 540 days in the future). RDAP "extra" good time is a maximum of one additional year off, but not every inmate who completes RDAP is eligible. His unit team can tell him the answer.