Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Sierra Conservation Center (SCC) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sierra Conservation Center (SCC) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Sierra Conservation Center (SCC), located in Jamestown, California.

Old 02-26-2016, 03:21 PM
Caligurl209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veezway View Post
We finally got our F.V. date!! Whooohooo!!! =D
Doll what date are they on now? Just want to know how far are they,cause they told my hubby one month and I got different.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2016, 05:51 PM
Vee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligirl20985 View Post
Doll what date are they on now? Just want to know how far are they,cause they told my hubby one month and I got different.
Mid May �� nearly 7 months from the day we got married my husband was getting so impatient lol he kept requesting updates and he told me to call a handful of times. The coordinator took their sweet time to give us a date. I thought you guys were on for next month did your date change?
Old 02-26-2016, 06:11 PM
Caligurl209

We have ours in 28 days but we want to know how far are they for the next one. Cause we trying to see if he don't go to his annual and gets moved before our next one.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:14 PM
Caligurl209

Quote:
Mid May �� nearly 7 months from the day we got married my husband was getting so impatient lol he kept requesting updates and he told me to call a handful of times. The coordinator took their sweet time to give us a date. I thought you guys were on for next month did your date change?
Did you put in for it right away? I went and got the marriage certificates all mailed the same morning I got married. But they kinda bs us in getting a date, but I stayed on top of that coordinator even tho he wasn't rude I don't think he knows what he's doing.
Old 02-26-2016, 07:10 PM
Vee

Quote:
Did you put in for it right away? I went and got the marriage certificates all mailed the same morning I got married. But they kinda bs us in getting a date, but I stayed on top of that coordinator even tho he wasn't rude I don't think he knows what he's doing.
Yes I went for our Marriage certificate the same day we got married and my Husband put in the request for our FV the Monday following the Friday we got married. We got approved like a month after and and then that same week I sent the funds for our food order (mid Dec) the coordinator was very polite when I called he just told me he was getting to us, like I said he took his sweet time lol
Old 02-26-2016, 07:42 PM
Caligurl209

Quote:
Yes I went for our Marriage certificate the same day we got married and my Husband put in the request for our FV the Monday following the Friday we got married. We got approved like a month after and and then that same week I sent the funds for our food order (mid Dec) the coordinator was very polite when I called he just told me he was getting to us, like I said he took his sweet time lol
I see I send our money out by beginning November cause they cashed it the 19th. But then there was a glitch saying there wasn't funds in the account, which was bs but it got fixed that next day. Cause I made my calls to the prison. I'm thinking maybe cause you put the money in later it took longer to get a date. But are you excited nervous? I'm like get here date come on, but I tell you this start your shopping soon cause later you will be in crunch time. I'm waiting on something I just ordered but ready to get it on.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:54 PM
Vee

Quote:
I see I send our money out by beginning November cause they cashed it the 19th. But then there was a glitch saying there wasn't funds in the account, which was bs but it got fixed that next day. Cause I made my calls to the prison. I'm thinking maybe cause you put the money in later it took longer to get a date. But are you excited nervous? I'm like get here date come on, but I tell you this start your shopping soon cause later you will be in crunch time. I'm waiting on something I just ordered but ready to get it on.
I wish I coulda sent our money sooner but those 2 months were hectic with the holidays and all. I'm just waiting to receive the list of what I can and cannot bring my hubby sent it out Sunday night probly went out Monday AM but I still haven't got it. What are the major no no's ? I told him I'm taking sweat pants and tees nothin fancy and basics toothbrush, tooth paste, bar of soap and deodorant and 2-1 shampoo cuz I don't wanna get held up when they search my stuff lol I am beyond super anxious and excited and oddly I'm starting to get nervous!
Old 02-26-2016, 10:09 PM
Vee

Quote:
We have ours in 28 days but we want to know how far are they for the next one. Cause we trying to see if he don't go to his annual and gets moved before our next one.
I'm barely seeing this one �� 28 days omgosh!!! How exciting for you two!! I feel like May is so far away and February just needs to be over already ugh! My hubby's annual is coming up too but I want him to stay there
Old 02-26-2016, 10:11 PM
Caligurl209

Quote:
I wish I coulda sent our money sooner but those 2 months were hectic with the holidays and all. I'm just waiting to receive the list of what I can and cannot bring my hubby sent it out Sunday night probly went out Monday AM but I still haven't got it. What are the major no no's ? I told him I'm taking sweat pants and tees nothin fancy and basics toothbrush, tooth paste, bar of soap and deodorant and 2-1 shampoo cuz I don't wanna get held up when they search my stuff lol I am beyond super anxious and excited and oddly I'm starting to get nervous!
No conditioner no body wash. A lot of it it's basic hygiene I'm taking my female hygeine cause ain't no one trying to be all yucky no matter what. But try to bring travel size containers with your stuff poured in already so they don't lag to process you in. I have a clear new bottle of shampoo not travel size tho. And my lotion in a clear bottle. O yea lingerie too but I'm not sure if it matters if it's underwire or not. But also bring your visiting clothing to come in and leave and outside in the houses supposedly they say you have to be dressed properly. The list girl is blah not a lot of info on it. Also you have to confirm your date with the coordinator send back the paper once you get it. I made a copy and send I right back certified that way I track when the paper got there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Caligirl20985 For This Useful Post:
Veezway (02-26-2016)
Old 08-05-2016, 07:59 PM
lizr<3

My hubby is getting transfered to sierra conservatioon. How long does ot take to get our first fv if we are approved already?
Old 08-07-2016, 07:48 PM
Caligurl209

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizru9 View Post
My hubby is getting transfered to sierra conservatioon. How long does ot take to get our first fv if we are approved already?
You have to have your man reapply for family visits at Sierra, the first one was taking up to 5 months to get approved. Due to all the signatures needed but after that there only taking 45 to 60 days. But we share the family visit houses with main side and level 3 side. Also the visits are only Friday morning check in and check out is Sunday at 9am. If you have any more questions you can message me
Old 08-08-2016, 03:16 PM
lizr<3

Quote:
You have to have your man reapply for family visits at Sierra, the first one was taking up to 5 months to get approved. Due to all the signatures needed but after that there only taking 45 to 60 days. But we share the family visit houses with main side and level 3 side. Also the visits are only Friday morning check in and check out is Sunday at 9am. If you have any more questions you can message me
Thank you very much for the reply.
Old 08-08-2016, 07:17 PM
Caligurl209

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizru9 View Post
Thank you very much for the reply.
Very much welcome and welcome to SCC
Old 08-23-2016, 12:47 PM
Caligurl209

Has anyone gotten a recent date for family visit? I'm waiting on mine and I'm curious to know where exactly they at now.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:51 PM
Caligurl209

Hello does anyone have a recent family visit date? We been waiting for ours since June and we haven't heard nothing. I'm talking about facility c side no one's gotten a date unless it's main side or camp. So I'm wondering what's going on
Old 12-03-2016, 08:36 PM

What are the kinds of requirements for family visits ? My husband was charged with Assault with firearm on person but he didn't touch the person (I was there ) would they still deny him family visits because of what the police report says and what his actual charges are ?
Old 12-03-2016, 08:54 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 18,183 Times in 6,620 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellymack View Post
What are the kinds of requirements for family visits ? My husband was charged with Assault with firearm on person but he didn't touch the person (I was there ) would they still deny him family visits because of what the police report says and what his actual charges are ?
VOs are permitted Family Visits, however, domestic violence (or history of, even if not currently serving for), crimes against a minor and sex offenses will result in a denial.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:25 AM

Hello ladies... Does anyone know about an inmate having drug possession charges from within? My husband was convicted 8 yrs ago for drug distribution and I wanted to know if this can disqualify us from having a family visit?
Old 12-05-2016, 07:58 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,278 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msdolly65 View Post
Hello ladies... Does anyone know about an inmate having drug possession charges from within? My husband was convicted 8 yrs ago for drug distribution and I wanted to know if this can disqualify us from having a family visit?
Possibly. You'll never know unless you try. I hope it works out.

CDCR, is in the works of releasing NEW family visit regulations. I read somewhere that the date of release is at the end of the month.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:30 PM
Semper Fi

Hey ladies! I'm new to SCC. We've been at Lancaster the last 2 years and RJD (San Diego) 2 years prior to that. This is the first place where we get a menu instead of ordering through Walkenhorst or Access. So, my question is does anybody have a copy of the menu??? Trying to get ahead of this whole thing. We're approved, just waiting on the menu to be sent to him. TIA
The Following User Says Thank You to Truth's Girl For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (01-12-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 12:24 AM
Caligurl209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth's Girl View Post
Hey ladies! I'm new to SCC. We've been at Lancaster the last 2 years and RJD (San Diego) 2 years prior to that. This is the first place where we get a menu instead of ordering through Walkenhorst or Access. So, my question is does anybody have a copy of the menu??? Trying to get ahead of this whole thing. We're approved, just waiting on the menu to be sent to him. TIA
The menu has changed in prices and what not, my hubby returned ours weeks ago. So I wouldn't happen to have a copy. But make sure he adds up the amount right or it will be send back.
Old 01-22-2017, 03:46 PM
Semper Fi

Thanks for replying. I was able to finally get a copy.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:25 PM
True Love Waits

Hey Ladies!

Can anyone tell me how often you have to renew your visitation application? IF it is still valid, do you have to renew if he is moved to a different prison?

Thank You!
Old 02-02-2018, 12:28 AM

I was wondering which days of the week family visits are held here? I think someone else may have asked but I didn’t see that answered. Can anyone help please? Thank you!